Joypad Mode - Analog not working?

nkay08
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC One S
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS

Joypad Mode - Analog not working?

Postby nkay08 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 pm

I tried a few games like Tomb Raider 2 and FF 7 and they worked perfectly with default settings. (digital joypad)
However especially Tomb Raider 2 is IMO way easier to control with an analog stick.
So I changed joypad type from digital to analog.

But the games don't recognize any controller then. Tomb Raider 2 says 'Please plug in a controller' if I change this ingame and I receive no message when analog is active before I load the ROM.
No button on the gamepad overlay works.

Is there a solution for this, or is my only possibility to play with an analog stick to connect an external BT controller?

nkay08
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC One S
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS

Re: Joypad Mode - Analog not working?

Postby nkay08 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Did some research. All other issues with analog stick seem to be related to the XperiaPlay Analog Touchpads.

But why is there the option to enable analog stick and get the analog stick overlay if it doesn't work?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Joypad Mode - Analog not working?

Postby bluezeak » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:42 pm

just because you can enable an option doesn't mean it will work. on a physical playstation, I could plug in anything that is molded to the controller slot, doesn't mean it will work. fpse would need to know what games will work with analog, and which won't. It would also need to know what hardware will support it's analog mode, and which won't. If the dev could figure out a way for pfse to read the hardware and make that determination, that would be good I guess. But, if that determination is wrong, and the hardware can work, but the check is wrong, that would be bad.

I tested analog with ff7 on my motorola bionic (whihc only has a touchscreen, no keyboard or any other hardware) and the touchscreen analog doesn't work. However, the touchpad works with FF9. I wonder if FF7 itself has the capability of using the analog pads. I know some PS games couldn't use them.

also, you should know the dev continually works to make fpse better. He has specifically spent a lot of time making xperia devices and mali400 gpu devices work. very recenty (yesterday morning?) when he released 11.42 he was trying to get anaolog working properly on xperia I think (if I understood his release notes). It didn't work, which lead to the .43.44and ultimately 45 rapid updates.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”