Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 pm

just updated FPse to 0.11.45 with Fix for Force Landscape and Onscreen buttons vibrations.

Bored42
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby Bored42 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Thank You for the guncon fix. Point Blank 3 now works after .11.43, but the game screen is still zoomed in cutting off some of the edges on all of the games. Keep up with the good work.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:09 pm

New player wrote:from googl play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rch_result

Eric - September 21, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 0.11.44

can't force landscape

latest update doesn't allow me to force landscape orientation. also, opengl-es 2 keeps throwing me a license check failed error. fix those and I'll bump this back to 5

Neal - September 21, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 0.11.44

Force closes

Update 11.42 force closes. Last update 11.44 force closes too when pressing the settings button. No button vibration. Still not working. Really annoyed.

please fix

about License checking, people have to write me drectly, i'll check in live.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:14 pm

and if you like this last version, please let positive comment on market.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 pm

schtruck wrote:@icelaglase, it was requested to disable button when they are unset and you are asking for the opposite is it your request?

let me know, anyway now it s time to change overlay pad by drawing it in opengl instead of 2d overlay.

With 0.11.2X and previous versions I can use these buttons even if not are draw in screen, now I have to set buttons (and draw) to use, thats it.

--------------

How can I do a downgrade? I read a lot of comments where people recommend 0.10.xx version for the best performance, thanks in advance.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:14 pm

schtruck wrote:just updated FPse to 0.11.45 with Fix for Force Landscape and Onscreen buttons vibrations.

when will the new fpse 0.11.45 update be available to download in market. keep up the great work. I was now able to play BREATH OF FIRE 4 and in the beginning there was a scene when trying to play in opengl you got this nasty glitch. the new version has options where after playing around it got rid of the glitch now im trying to see how to get the battle swirls to work. this emulator just keeps getting better and better and when i originally bought it there was no opengl mode and i was happy with it back then.

Schtruck you truly amaze me.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Icelaglace - in 11.2x the buttons were broken. If you turned them off, they were still on the screen, but they were invisible.

With the current version, turning a button off dies not make it invisible, it turns it off.

Many people wanted to reposition the buttons but the couldn't because the invisible buttons got in the way. You either have the button, our you don't. You can turn up transparency, but it affects all buttons. You are asking schtruck to undo a fix he already put in place. I think the best option I'd to accept it - you can have the button, or not have it.

I don't think that FPSE was faster in 10 (I could be wrong). I think it was more stable. But only for some devices, not all.

Schtruck continues to make FPSE better and better with enhancements and bug fixes. If there's a problem, just wait, it will be fixed. The issue you have with the buttons is not a problem, its by design.

Have you tried putting a different Android ROM on your phone? We know of at least one person that has lesser hardware than you, but gets better performance.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Kasrkin
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia arc S
Operating System: Android 4.0 I.C.S

Postby Kasrkin » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:21 pm

FF8 start screen is screwed(It's like when squaresoft logo appears. And start video too). Any fix to this?

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

bluezeak wrote:Icelaglace - in 11.2x the buttons were broken. If you turned them off, they were still on the screen, but they were invisible.

With the current version, turning a button off dies not make it invisible, it turns it off.

Many people wanted to reposition the buttons but the couldn't because the invisible buttons got in the way. You either have the button, our you don't. You can turn up transparency, but it affects all buttons. You are asking schtruck to undo a fix he already put in place. I think the best option I'd to accept it - you can have the button, or not have it.

I don't think that FPSE was faster in 10 (I could be wrong). I think it was more stable. But only for some devices, not all.

Schtruck continues to make FPSE better and better with enhancements and bug fixes. If there's a problem, just wait, it will be fixed. The issue you have with the buttons is not a problem, its by design.

Have you tried putting a different Android ROM on your phone? We know of at least one person that has lesser hardware than you, but gets better performance.

Thanks for response my friend, I understand the buttons thing, so no solution for this right? I want downgrade to 0.11.2x (the best for me) How can I do it? and I would like check 0.10.xx too to see if really have better performance (or not) like to many people said,

About updates, you right, everytime I enter in g.play I see a new update and go here to see the changelog, a lot of bug fixed, but a lot of new bugs too, but I never have bugs and reason to update, just performance, and now the buttons...

I just update this lasts new versiones because changelog says "Very fast and smooth" but I didn't experimented any palpable performance improvement since 0.11.2x (at least in software mode) and this could be the only feature I need for this emulator, this is why I want try 0.10.xx because I have no other problem. So please, how to make a downgrade?

About roms, I tried two differents custom roms and now I am with the newest stock rom because is the most stable for my phone.

And about that person with poor device and "full speed" honestly, I don't know what to think... even the friend "i900frenchaddict" said he need enable frameskip with a QUAD-CORE on OpenGL mode,
Last edited by icelaglace on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:16 pm

OpenGL is totally different from software mode. You should be able to get decent performance with software mode - either blitter or old software mode, based on what that other user told us.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “News”