Metal Gear Solid

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Metal Gear Solid

Postby schtruck » Mon May 23, 2011 8:50 pm

i have surely broken it, let me check.

javi123
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Lg optimus one
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogen mod 7

Postby javi123 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:36 pm

Hello. I have a problem with this game, everything seems to run correctly, but the image is cut on the underside. I have tried both positions, landscape and portrait, but It still cuted. Any idea?

I have loaded the bios and everything

wilk489
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3(VZW)
Operating System: 4.0.4
ROM: CleanRom 2.1

Postby wilk489 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Is anyone using Sixaxis Controller with MGS having an issue with the select button opening the FPse settings menu and not Codec? I have it enabled to be seen as a native gamepad and changed the IME to Sixaxis Controller. I also tried making a touch profile which worked, but couldn't get the left analog stick to work as smoothly as it does with native support.

Edit: Ended up getting it to work with native support just had to assign the select button under assign HW keys.

bobbymc85
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: android
ROM: gta 1

pshyco mantis controller port help

Postby bobbymc85 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm

help im at part of mgs where you need to change controller ports to defeat mantis however when i change controller port in overlay pad it doesnt work,anyone please help.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: pshyco mantis controller port help

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:47 pm

I'm not familiar with that game. What do you need to do? ?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bobbymc85
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: android
ROM: gta 1

Postby bobbymc85 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 pm

its metal gear solid on the part wherw you are fighting psycho mantis you had to switch controller ports form port 1 to port 2, to stop him from reading your mind and therefore enabling you to defeat him however i have tryed switching ports int overlay pad and it stops you from contrling snake after you do this.i am stuck as i cannot defeat him without this, and i dont know where abouts to get cheats for this aswel.

jetb88
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android ICS

Postby jetb88 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:11 am

Its been a long time since i played mgs but iirc you can beat him without switching port, by destroying statues or something. Also useful to use thermal goggles if you have them.

On ePSXe there are always 2 controller setups because on the pc you have the option to play multiplayer with 2 gamepads plugged in, so easy to switch between them in the options. On a phone i guess its a bit harder. I haven't tried it, but i think there is a select port option under config and joypad. Try playing the boss battle in port 2 and see if that works. Again, dont hold me to this but, i dont think you need to actually switch port mid battle, just play the whole thing in port 2. Good luck.

echo-two
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
Operating System: Android
ROM: Metal Gear Solid

Postby echo-two » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:23 pm

Im having change disc issues. I posted earlier, but cant find the post now so here it is again. Also, anyone know of a way that I can use an dxternal wireless controller for samsung galaxy tablet?

Snakeblizkin
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S2

Postby Snakeblizkin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 am

12gage wrote:I was just about to start a new thread for this same problem, glad I'm not alone. I get to the select new/load game screen, select difficulty, then nothing. I love this game and its the whole reason I got a supporter's version, I hope it get fixed eventually.

has anybody managed to fix that? Have the same problem too.
Using Galaxy S2

Aunt Edit says: Got it runnin on psx4droid. So the rom can't be broken. But psx4droid sucks. I wanna play with Open GL Graphics on FPSE Cause FPSE is great *cheer*

Aunt Edit says again: I GOT IT runnin with Open GL
My Settings: System: Fast Boot
Video: Framelimiter, Frameskip, Print FPS, Original Screen Size, Spezial upload detection, 32bits rendering, Anti Aliasing, Texture filtering, Frame Texture, G4 Polygon Cache, disable coord check, lazy upload detextion
audio. spusync
So seltsam fremd wird dir die Welt, und leis verläßt dich alles Hoffen,
Bist du es endlich, endlich weißt, daß dich des Todes Pfeil getroffen.

misobombin
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: verizon htc android 6300

Postby misobombin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:24 pm

I'm having problems loading the second CD it seems like it reads it as the screen goes black but it crashes out. I know that CD 2 is fine because I can load it without any issues its just when im trying to switch between disks. The game runs smooth without any problems. The music is fine and the graphics seem on par with my ps1. Any help would be great.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”