Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:33 am

@icelaglace , about missing buttons in landscape go to MENU, MISC , OVERLAYS PAD, SET or UNSET BUTTONS. then select missing buttons.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 am

Next step is Analog support for Xplay. OpenGL Overlay pad rendering with in between support for digital pad, and very smooth moves of Analog PAD.

ahoihoi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Stock

Postby ahoihoi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:36 am

@schtruck:
Analog support for Xplays running GB?
That would be awesome!

highsky
Fresh Fish
Operating System: Android 2.3.7

Postby highsky » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:35 am

@schtruck:
there is a gamepad issue in Super Robot War α.
gamepad is no response about 5~10 seconds per about 5minutes, but other of the game is all fine during it.
is this I/O interrupt error?
my device is xplay.
sorry poor english...
thank you for great job!

Max Power
Fresh Fish

Postby Max Power » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 am

Hi schtruck, from the update 11.40 I have to set "force landscape" at every restart because it doesn't stick anymore.

Please can you make bilinear filtering an option in OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitter? some games looks blurry with it.
thanks
Last edited by Max Power on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:05 am, edited 5 times in total.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:44 am

bluezeak wrote:@icelaglace:
ist this your device:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... 0-3724.php

this device is a good device - but the specs are a little low. if you are playing a game that is difficult for fpse to render, you will get bad performance. I think this is normal, because of your hardware. Basically, you are trying to run a psx emulator on a computer that isn't quite strong enough / good enough gpu. Have you tried other games? I don't know which games run better, and which are more difficult. I do know that the new version (11.40) runs faster. You can try the 'old software' mode from the misc menu to see if it runs faster - be sure that 'filtering' is off.

Also, you can try turning on 'boost mode' from the system menu, that can increase performance, but some games don't run properly with it on.

if you get 30 fps, and frameskip increases it to 50-60 - you are missing 1/2 the frames. So, you will see big 'skips' in the game for the missing frames. you can make the game smoother by making frameskipi skip less frames. you can set frameskip to 40, or 50 - go to misc, frameskip. this will make the game more smooth - but still slow.

about audio - if your fps are not constant, the audio will not be constant (if you have fps problems, you will have audio problems).

Thanks for response, I know the new Galaxy ACE or Galaxy Y are not the ultimate quad-core... but is decent with other games.

This link is the old Ace 5830, mine is the Ace 5830i model (same as "5830c" "5830m" "5839i" and the Galaxy Y.

Operating system Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread)
CPU Broadcom BCM21553 ARM11 832 MHz processor, ARMv6
GPU Broadcom BCM2763 VideoCore IV LPDDR2 128MB, 1 gigapixel fill rate, 40nm (check my signature)
Memory 384MB RAM, 290 MB user available RAM OS
Storage 190 MB (158 MB user available)
Screen 320 x 480 pixels.

the specifications on gsmarena are wrong.

- I tried old software but is more slow, not much, but about 2-5fps slow.

- "Boost mode" works, is a bit faster, but make the game choppy like frameskip... so looks like useless...

- About frameskip you right, it was up to 50, and this is super-choppy, I turned frameskip to 35 and is more smooth, but is slow...

- Enhanced 3D rendering, enable = I lost nothing, like 1fps, disable = I see image corruptions in image... so this is enabled.

schtruck wrote:@icelaglace , about missing buttons in landscape go to MENU, MISC , OVERLAYS PAD, SET or UNSET BUTTONS. then select missing buttons.

With this option the buttons appears and works ok, yes, but with previous version (0.11.2X) these buttons was invisible by default but works great, you know, were not drawn on the screen but they were there and worked perfect, so is there any way to make those buttons don't appear but continue to operate as if they were there as in previous versions?

EDIT: 0.11.41 doesn't fix this thing with buttons, only works if you enable draw buttons on screen (with 0.11.2x works perfect)
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:08 am

@icelaglace
Is this it?
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... i-4664.php
But the GPU is wrong, you have the BCM2763? I had not heard of it before butt out looks decent from what I looked up.

Still, I think you CPU and memory are a bit low.

Did you try OpenGL? With your hardware it wool probably be too slow but I am curious how well it works for you.

'invisible buttons' - I think this was actually a bug, and schtruck fixed it. Maybe schtruck could implement a higher level of transparency - FULL transparency so that they disappear.

Have you tried other games? Other games may be faster if they are easier to render.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:10 am

@schtruck - I think the buttons should default to all being on in landscape. Why NOT have them all on? Maybe you don't need r3 / l3 by default.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:35 am

bluezeak wrote:Is this it? http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... i-4664.php
But the GPU is wrong, you have the BCM2763? I had not heard of it before butt out looks decent from what I looked up.

Yes right.

Still, I think you CPU and memory are a bit low.

yes, probably :/

Did you try OpenGL? With your hardware it wool probably be too slow but I am curious how well it works for you

ok, after quick test with OpenGL on Crash Bandicoot 3:

28-32 fps with frameskip (+choppy)
15-20 fps without frameskip

...and very nice quality <3

'invisible buttons' - I think this was actually a bug, and schtruck fixed it. Maybe schtruck could implement a higher level of transparency - FULL transparency so that they disappear.

I don't know, then you should set a transparency lvl to every buttons? don't know...
Should be more simple, with 0.11.2X was perfect, only shows the essential buttons, but selec, play, L's, R's where there and working (just non-draw)

Have you tried other games? Other games may be faster if they are easier to render.

I only tested Crash Bandicoot 3, Metal Gear Solid (little fast) and Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit with 0.11.4X, and performance is pretty equal.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm

schtruck, many thanks for the last update, the new software renderer is awesome, especially for those who have JellyBean ROMs, sound is not perfect though, i think i'll make a cable soon and make a record and you could compare with original sound.
I got one more question, maybe i should post this in feature request but i think it will probably be ignored there, is it possible, or isn't it hard for you to implement custom framelimiter feature?

Return to “News”