Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:02 pm

just updated opengl plugins, foleyjo, reget the libopenglplugin10.so, i did a mistake... will update fpse too to support natively amlogic proc with mali400mp gpu.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:41 pm

FPse 0.11.41:
- Fixed OpenGL plugins, was partially broken.
- Fixed Savestate Path crash
- Fixed O buttons on somes devices
- Fixed Mapping Hardware buttons
- Added detection of AMLOGIC CPU

Normaly JXD601 should work well now ;-)

Kethus
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Operating System: Android

Postby Kethus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Thank you for the fast fix, though it hasn't appeared in the market yet.
Now that reminded me, is it possible to assign hardware keys for diagonal directions? I can't find any convenient way to bind the directional keys to a qwerty keyboard.

ClieOS
Primary Device: Sony Xperia TX
Operating System: Android 4.1.2
ROM: Stock

Postby ClieOS » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Wow, that's fast. :D

Big thanks!

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Thanks schtruck. Just tried downloading and it worked fine

shade
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: stock

Postby shade » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm

there is a sound distortion in Resident Evil 3 Nemesis in the FMVs and the introduction Video
and the dialogues are cut of (only starts and after 1s they gone)
in game all sounds are fine so far

when i had version 0.10.57 all voices were fine, so can you look into it Schtruck ?

the OpenGL-ES 2.0 it's a little faster than software mode (without filtering) and hell of much faster than software mode (with filtering on)
great work Schtruck :D

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:31 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
ClieOS wrote:Wow, that's fast. :D

Big thanks!

Yes, definitly, Schtruck is here!!!

Guys, I see some comments on Google Play rating 1 star only because they have problems on devices that are supposed to work, or some complaining about pixels because they haven't realized there's an openGL mode xD
I've changed my own google play comment, telling these guys with 1 star rating that they should go to the forum to find the solutions they need ( most of the time it's because they can't understand the many options of Fpse) or they should report for bugs on the forum, Schtruck can fix them so fast these days!!!

If you can do the same kind of comments (or changing your existing comment), telling people that they should come to the forum if they have problems, or they should try to play with the options, that would be great!!!!!

(I can easily understand that complete noobs may have difficulties at first with Fpse, but I fear they just rate 1 star and don't try menu options, thus missing Fpse's real potential, I wish I could answer to Google Play's comments and tell them what they should do to get an app they paid working as great as it's supposed to, once you know the good settings.)

well, maybe you can help me, I tell you my experience with 0.11.40, I really don't know which more options try to make FPse smooth on my devide, on software more I have a really bad performance, like 30 fps, and if I enable frameskip the fps up to 40-60 fps (with framelimiter on) but the problem is WITH FRAMESKIP IS SUPER-CHOPPY,

So I have two options: without frameskip = bad fps and bad performance but "smooth", or with frameskip = good fps but choppy/jerky.

And in the other hand sound still been crappy, with SPUSYNC enabled is better but not enought, still been some slow, but I don't care about sound, my priority is performance and smooth...

select, play, r1/2, l1/2 buttons doesn't display, but 0.11.41 changelog says is already fixed, I only tried 0.11.40, tomorrow I'll test the newest version, but everyday I see a new update, and new bugs...

good work anyways
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:36 pm

@icelaglace:
ist this your device:
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_ ... 0-3724.php

this device is a good device - but the specs are a little low. if you are playing a game that is difficult for fpse to render, you will get bad performance. I think this is normal, because of your hardware. Basically, you are trying to run a psx emulator on a computer that isn't quite strong enough / good enough gpu. Have you tried other games? I don't know which games run better, and which are more difficult. I do know that the new version (11.40) runs faster. You can try the 'old software' mode from the misc menu to see if it runs faster - be sure that 'filtering' is off.

Also, you can try turning on 'boost mode' from the system menu, that can increase performance, but some games don't run properly with it on.

if you get 30 fps, and frameskip increases it to 50-60 - you are missing 1/2 the frames. So, you will see big 'skips' in the game for the missing frames. you can make the game smoother by making frameskipi skip less frames. you can set frameskip to 40, or 50 - go to misc, frameskip. this will make the game more smooth - but still slow.

about audio - if your fps are not constant, the audio will not be constant (if you have fps problems, you will have audio problems).
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

RueGorE
Primary Device: Sprint Galaxy S Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 [Latest Nightly]

Postby RueGorE » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:07 am

Sound is horrible in Xenogears. Specifically, all the sound effects when in menus, like save slots, status, items, etc. Was fine on earlier version 30s.

However, graphics performance have improved quite a bit. I *think* I'm using the new OpenGL-ES 2 plugin, if not then it's the software gpu. For the first time bilinear filtering is running very smoothly for me. Thank you for all your hard work. :)

I'm using the latest version 41.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:31 am

have you tried to set SPUSYNC into xenogear?

Return to “News”