bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Schtruck,
Can you give an example of what devices have the rockchip?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

CristianME
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Xperia Play

Postby CristianME » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Moto Racer starts up fine, menu navigation is fine, bike and track selection fine, but when a race starts, the game pauses itself every 2 seconds with a message flashing saying "No Valid Controller." Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I'm using an Xperia Play. Moto Racer 2 works with no issue.
Thanks

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 pm

schtruck wrote:@i900frenchaddict

it's the case , FPse 0.11.40 have no more slowdown in FF7 and music is always perfect, this time it's perfect.

I haven't finished yesterday, so will do today. Stay tunned.

Let us hope it will schtruck ;-)
You sound dead certain. I really want to see this one coming.

Kayann
Primary Device: Huawei Mediapad/Springboard
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock Firmware/ROM

Postby Kayann » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:41 am

bluezeak wrote:I don't think it's possible to increase the resolution. The game is set for a specific resolution, and the graphcs are designed for that level of resolution. If you really want to see if it can be done / what's possible - check the PC emulators, like epsxe for PC. As far as I know, you can do different resoltions, but the higher the resolution to worse the graphics look. 3D graphics can be made better, but only if you use a plugin that can render then. And - if you do that you are make the game look BETTER than it did originally. Anyway - I don't know if it's possible to increase the resolution, but I don't think so.

The ability of emulators to increase the resolution of the device they are emulating is one of the key benefits they provide. Otherwise we would all have to put up with the crappy resolution of these old consoles (ie. everything would look a lot like software mode on Fpse - seriously low res). Most emulators, that I am aware of at least, have this capability. The two best examples I would suggest you look at are Dolphin (GC/Wii) and PCSX2 (PS2). I happily run games like Xenoblade Chronicles and FFXII in glorious 1080p, while the original consoles were much lower in resolution. ePSXe (PS1) is also capable of doing this magic, but last I looked (a long time ago) it was a bit lacking in this department. The plugin I remember as being able to truely increase the internal resolution was called gpuBladeSoft. Unfortunately it only ran in software mode without any hardware acceleration and so it rapidly became very slow as you increased the resolution. EDIT: It looks like Pete's OpenGL2 Driver may allow you to increase the internal resolution as well... I haven't done any PSX emulation on my PC in a long time...

Of course increasing the resolution also highlights any issues with modelling or rendering, and also can't help with low resolution textures.

Given that Fpse is hardware accelerated, and the so-called software gpu is getting faster and faster, it seems to me that schtruck could look into providing an option to increase the internal resolution to improve the look of software. I know these things are not without their challenges, and I suspect his priorities lie elswhere (eg. OpenGL 2 plugin), so I am not holding much hope on this issue. Instead I hope that one day the OpenGL mode will be as playable and as compatible as the software gpu, so that this all becomes a moot point. ;)

In the meantime, I have some more Last Story to play... Though there is a Path of Exile stress test weekend going on as well... :?
So many games to play, so little time! :D

zschigi2
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: stock

Postby zschigi2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:20 am

Still hoping for a version, that ist combatible with EA´s F1-Games. So far they only run on epsxe. Running them on fpse with Open GPU-plugin would be awesome!

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:17 pm

bluezeak wrote:I don't think it's possible to increase the resolution. The game is set for a specific resolution, and the graphcs are designed for that level of resolution. If you really want to see if it can be done / what's possible - check the PC emulators, like epsxe for PC. As far as I know, you can do different resoltions, but the higher the resolution to worse the graphics look. 3D graphics can be made better, but only if you use a plugin that can render then. And - if you do that you are make the game look BETTER than it did originally. Anyway - I don't know if it's possible to increase the resolution, but I don't think so.

http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2034&start=4088
please look at the first post, I am sure resolution change is possible, I also think that the low resolution in Tekken 3 is some kind of optimization applied only to specific games to make them run faster.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:55 pm

FPse 0.11.40 to the market:

- Fixed sound! really perfect now! especially if you set SPUSYNC from audio menu.
- Added OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitter mode as default software. Very fast and smooth, and bilinear filtered!
if you want old software mode, just go to MISC menu and select Old Software drawing then restart fpse.
- Updated openGL plugin with fixes and support for Rockchip gpu.
- Fixed Start menu of GT1 in soft mode

in add, i have upgraded cheat codes from 30 to 100 cheats as asked.

go and make feedback here please.

Edzward
Primary Device: xperia x10 Mini pro
Operating System: Android
ROM: MiniCM9

Postby Edzward » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:51 pm

@schtruck

Not available on my region yet, but Thanks! :D

Finally! I was starting to feel like a kid waiting for Santa on Christmas eve. :lol:

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:18 pm

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.40 to the market:

- Fixed sound! really perfect now! especially if you set SPUSYNC from audio menu.
- Added OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitter mode as default software. Very fast and smooth, and bilinear filtered!
if you want old software mode, just go to MISC menu and select Old Software drawing then restart fpse.
- Updated openGL plugin with fixes and support for Rockchip gpu.
- Fixed Start menu of GT1 in soft mode

in add, i have upgraded cheat codes from 30 to 100 cheats as asked.

go and make feedback here please.

Hmmmm doesn't show up in my android market place yet either. Guess I have to wait a little longer :-)

Thnx so far schtruck!

New player
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby New player » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:28 pm

I have get update to 0.11.40

No have problem >>> good work :D

Return to “News”