Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
CiganoAndrey
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: coby kyros 1024
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby CiganoAndrey » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:52 pm

My question is, my tablet, a Coby Kyros 1024, with a Samsung processor S5PV210 (Cortex A8) of 1GH, is too weak to run FPSE in open gl mode?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:47 pm

yes, I think it will be too weak for two reasons:
1) you have a fairly high screen resolution (1024x600). that will make any graphics difficult to render
2) from my research, I can't tell if your device has a GPU. if it doesn't have a GPU, opengl may be impossible.

the only thing to do is test for yourself...
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Chiiaki
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Evo 4g
ROM: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Postby Chiiaki » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Unfortunately i was not exaggerating. I sat there thinking my phone had frozen and had even set it down as i tried to be patient with it. I'll wait for the updates! Very eager to get this going. :)

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:39 am

Is this your phone?
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_evo_4g_lte-4665.php

If so, that is DEFINITELY powerful enough to run OpenGL ... But the adreno 225 if known to have problems. I kept thinking those were fixed but a couple propre have posted problems. Try increasing the thread priority in misc settings.

Just to be clear - you are having problems worth OpenGL, not software mode, correct?

Chiiaki
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Evo 4g
ROM: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Postby Chiiaki » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:45 am

I'm actually using a Samsung S3. And I am using opengl.
And to be more specific I just started the game up again and it was actually a 22 second pause at that first fight once the train pulls in, so I underexaggerated. >.<

Getting to my second fight which was a random encounter, it took the same amount of time for the fight to actually start up. opengl makes the fights look so amazing (for ff7 standards) but I'm thinking I won't be able to use this for my phone until it is fixed.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:17 am

Are you using frameskip? If not try it. Also, user special framelimiter not the standard one.

And yes, that's too slow. That's about how ff8 fight scenes load, which is known to be broken.

You may want to post in the main feedback thread asking about the status of the S3. the Se has either a Mali-400 or a adreno 225 - do you know what yours has? Check my OpenGL thread, it had a link to a place you can check your hardware. Also, are you using the stock ROM out different ROM? My OpenGL thread had a recommended ROM for the S3 I think.

jad3d128
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperia play

Postby jad3d128 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi guys, I have another issue with this game I haven't seen on the board yet. Tifa's limit break brings the game to a crawl, and fpse becomes unresponsive. It seems slightly inconstant, but I'd say it happens about 90% of the time; I've only noticed it since the big sound updates rolled out.

I have a Xperia Play on 2.3.4
everything on the video menu is unchecked except frame limiter and special screen size, spusync is on with enhanced sound emulation turned on. Tried playing with these but no luck. Ideas?

the7s
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3

Postby the7s » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:32 pm

After spend lots of time to tweak config i finally manage to past the battle swirl crash issues for mali400(Sg II, Sg Note) user with OpenGL. but its only last 3-4 battles it 100% crashed when encounter same enemies i tested on several different map. It doesnt crash when facing different enemies on that map.
I really hope this input help dev team to fix this in future. The OpenGL feature is just too awesome to not play with it especially on FF VII. Thanks in advance.

Im using latest FPse with OpenGL, for none mali400 user i hope this setup helps and for mali400 user we just wait until FPse team fix this issues or you can just play with soft GPU avalaible combine with chainfire 3D with nvidia plugin enabled it does enchance the graphic by a little thats what i am doing now ^^.

The OpenGL config are :
System : Dynamic interpreter ON (fixed mali400 cant run openGL)
Fast boot ON (reduce FPS drop)

Video : Framelimiter ON
Frameskip ON (reduce FPS drop)
Adjust frambuffer access ON (supose to fix battle crash)
OffScreenDrawing ON (fixed battle menu)
Alpha multipass ON (fixed pointer)
Busy fix (supose to fix black screen crash)
Print FPS (optional)
Original screen size (optional)

Sound : Spusync ON (enable sound)
Enchance sound emulation (optional)

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:27 pm

@jad3d128 - the Tifa limit break issue is a known issue. Go back through this thread, I believe its here. If its not here I know people have posted it elsewhere. There's no fix that I know of.

@the 7s - the Mali400 OpenGL issue is supposed to be fixed. Are you sure you need dynamic interpreter to use OpenGL? Can you test on a couple games? You're using the latest version of FPSE correct? And you download the OpenGL plugin from inside FPSE correct?

The chainfire3d fix is supposed to allow you to use OpenGL, its not for software mode ... But you can use it in software mode. Go look at my OpenGL post, and read through my main post, and also the first 3 pages our do where we were talking about it.

the7s
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3

Postby the7s » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:14 am

Im talking mali400 crash on battle with openGL and yes without dinamic intepreter or any of config i post earlier its imposible to get battle works. Well with my config still it last for a few battle only i already describe before. To confirm this i hope more mali400 user feedback regarding to battle crash with latest ver fpse + openGL. I read ur thread already thats how i found chainfire 3D trick.
My device are G note GT N7000 1.6ghz clocked and dual core clocked to 267mhz. Fps is just fine around 50-60 just the crash during battle with same enemies encounter. Chainfire 3D doesnt work, the terture lowering option mess up the graphic and text unreadable and the battle still crash.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”