Fpse for Android News

leon22heart
Primary Device: sony xperia neo with cm9
Operating System: android 4.0.4 cm9
ROM: fxp hallon cm9

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby leon22heart » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Hi to all writing again after a long time .First i want to say great job managing with all the updates to make the opengl plugin run full speed from the previous 1.4ghz needed for emulation to the 1ghz mark .Second i would like to report a bug (?). When i am using software mode and load a save-state all are good but when im loading a second one the screen freeze .The sound plays in the background but the screen doesn't update at all It just stays static .I'm using frame skip,frame limiter ,off screen drawing + spu synch with sound distortion in any combination but it just doesnt work .Tested in ff8 + tomba2 .Also tomba 2 has some kind of problem withe either opengl or software ,the voices sound distorted with a sound at high pitch and the music of the game suddenly changes .While normally every area of the game has its own sound in pc emu now it can change suddenly between all the available music background

Keram
Primary Device: Sony Ericsson NEO V
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: STOCK

Postby Keram » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:17 pm

In Chrono Trigger sound is totally broken (Ingame, intro movie is ok) - there are only strange noises, sometimes i can hear sample, but not complete. Sometimes is beginning, sometimes ending. I don't know how it was in previous releases, because im tried Chrono Trigger only on current version.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 pm

i'm sorry guy, i finally decided to take headset and understood what you meant.... SO NOW I FIXED THE SOUND PROBLEM!

in my headset i can hear perfect tempo in FF7 now and perfect sound at all.

i finish the version 0.11.40 and will release it to the market, i hope before tomorow evening.

Phase
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:12 am

sometimes i can hear sample, but not complete. Sometimes is beginning, sometimes ending.

That's exactly what I wrote previously, but in my case with FF IX using newest FPSE version (0.11.39). On 0.11.34 the sound is correct. Hopefully the new version 0.11.40 will solve this issues for all FF series :) Also can't wait to try the new OpenGL plugin!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:33 am

@loen22heart
please see the following link and watch the video. The issue there is cause by the menu button, not by loading save states. But - if you change orientation will the game unfreeze?
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3799

@keram
that sounds like the exact problem that is caused by not having spuysync checked. do you have spusync checked? sometimes the new version will reset options.

@Edzward - did you change your bios and have it fix sound issues? I have the same bios I always did, and it used to work. And, I've uninstalled / reinstalled. If you have a bad bios, yes you need to change it. But, I don't think the bios is the issues. A couple people have reported that resetting your settings (menu, misc, reset) will fix many things .... but not sound issues.

FF9 - software vs opengl - opengl is SO much better, graphically. but it is not nearly as smooth (fight scenes load choppy, so do some other things). I disagree about it tge 3d graphics being minor. All the characters are 3d - so EVERY time you look at a character you are looking at 3d. in town, in fights, in the outter world. look at screen shots in the opengl thread (see my signature for link) and the FF9 thread games specific thread. huge difference.

@ schtruck - you are amazing. ty.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:34 am

Tumalu wrote:
Phase wrote:I can confirm that version 0.11.34 works perfectly with FF IX :) Music sounds great, and even menu sounds are correct, without any glicks - just like on console. As I mentioned before, there is just a little bit of sound skipping during prerendered cutscenes, but it's not a big deal for me.
The game in software rendering mode works great, far better than on the video posted by paku360, almost without any framerate drops, with frameskip feature set to off all the time.

Phase, my friend, I can confirm all you say here! This version works by far the best for FF IX for me as well! But for now I switched back to epsxe 1.7.0 on my laptop as I can play FF IX on there with opengl2 and perfect sound! I will need to wait until a better version of fpse comes out, eventually I will give it a try again then.

how did you get a copy of 11.34?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Phase
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 am

bluezeak wrote:FF9 - software vs opengl - opengl is SO much better, graphically. but it is not nearly as smooth (fight scenes load choppy, so do some other things). I disagree about it tge 3d graphics being minor. All the characters are 3d - so EVERY time you look at a character you are looking at 3d. in town, in fights, in the outter world. look at screen shots in the opengl thread (see my signature for link) and the FF9 thread games specific thread. huge difference.

Indeed, OpenGL graphics are far better, but the speed difference is so huge that I think it's not worth it. In the field only the characters are 3D, so you get pretty, antialiased and filtered characters on a pixelated 2D background. There is much more difference when game is all 3D (battles, world map).

bluezeak wrote:how did you get a copy of 11.34?

My friend who has also bought FPSE via Google Play has rooted SGSII and makes a backup of each version's apk for himself to have possibility to revert to previous version if necessary. I was comparing versions 11.39 and 11.34 directly on two SGSII and the difference in sound is obvious.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 am

don't worry guys, all sound problems are fixed now. i'm just finishing the new OpenGL-ES 2.0 BLitting which is really good. I think people are doing a mistake. it's an enhancement for the Software mode, the OpenGL-ES 2.0 GPU plugin will arrive soon, but it's not finished completely. THe difference with the new OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitting soft mode is that you can play with Bilinear filtering on any devices and it's still very fast and very smooth.
The difference is that it will be more compatible because Canva which is the 2D Android API is really bugged on many devices, with OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitting there won't have more problems.
I'll let Old software mode as an option if people want to activate the Multi core option... but it's an option now from MISC menu.

i hope to finish that today and propose an FIX this evenig GMT...

Keram
Primary Device: Sony Ericsson NEO V
ROM: STOCK

Postby Keram » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:25 pm

bluezeak wrote:@keram
that sounds like the exact problem that is caused by not having spuysync checked. do you have spusync checked? sometimes the new version will reset options.

I have tried every posibility in audio menu (System and Misc too) - and it was always the same. Maybe new revision will repair that.

leon22heart
Primary Device: sony xperia neo with cm9
Operating System: android 4.0.4 cm9
ROM: fxp hallon cm9

Postby leon22heart » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm

bluezeak wrote:@loen22heart
please see the following link and watch the video. The issue there is cause by the menu button, not by loading save states. But - if you change orientation will the game unfreeze?
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3799

Yes you were right i had the same prob because when loading savestates sometimes i was using the back button so maybe the problem was the same .I dont know if the launcher i m using (apex pro ) is responsible for the problem since i cant easily reproduce it (it happens 2 times from 10). As for tomba 2 im using a downloaded rip (mine is too damaged to make rip too many errors on reading the disc while making the iso). This rip includes a patch to allow at the start of the game the changing between pal + ntsc region and is impossible to remove .So the prob with this rip version is that the music of the background changes suddenly while it shouldn't ,the characters voices are too high pitched like there is static noises in their sound and when im loading a normal save of the game ,the game loads and then suddenly the start menu pops and the game freezes .As i said the iso is a patched one so i dont know if the problem exists in the clean versions of the game .
Last edited by leon22heart on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”