All games freeze at Playstation logo screen

Commando_Joe
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Windows 7

All games freeze at Playstation logo screen

Postby Commando_Joe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:32 pm

So I'm working off an Xoeria Play, I've got the bios and the .bin rom files. These are the same rom files I've used on previous installations, but I reinstalled mine recently due to this issue (An issue I had before the reinstall) where it would go through the white Sony screen fine, get to the Playstation screen, run about 70-80% of the way through and then freeze. No transition to the game's start screen, freezes about a second or two before the swap over and stay on that screen.

Every game I've tried has that same issue.

I'm sure this is an issue other people have had because all my search terms have been said to be 'too common'.

Commando_Joe
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: All games freeze at Playstation logo screen

Postby Commando_Joe » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 pm

Well, on my previous install when I loaded a save state, it would go for a bit, then crash. So it might be a bad iso, but all of them?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: All games freeze at Playstation logo screen

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:10 am

for testing, make sure the 'system' option 'fast boot' is not checked.

the most common cause of the issue you describe is bad isos. Try using the iso in another emulator. I recommend using epsxe on the pc. Be sure to use the same iso - so I recommend you plug your phone into your computer and copy the iso to your computer and test. if it works - the problem is not the iso. if it doesn't work - probably the problem is your iso.

if the problem is not your iso, you can:
- try rebooting your phone (unlikely to fix - can't hurt)
- try uninstalling fpse, then reinstall fpse. After the latest update your memory cards and save states should not be affected. however, to be safe run a backup - menu, misc, backup - will save to /sdcard/fpsebackup.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”