Help with configuration for Logitech F510 game controller

Kyrasym
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android
ROM: Codename Android

Help with configuration for Logitech F510 game controller

Postby Kyrasym » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Hello, I have been trying to configure my F510 Logitech game controller to use with FPSE. All buttons work EXCEPT the R2 and L2 buttons. Is there anyone who can help me? Thank you very much in advance!

Kyrasym
Fresh Fish

Re: Help with configuration for Logitech F510 game controlle

Postby Kyrasym » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:22 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:you could try Bluez IME to set different values to these buttons

Hello...thank you for the advise, however, after i set my controller to Bluez IME, how do I set this on FPSE? Seems like the L2 and R2 buttons still don't work.

gRaider2001
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Postby gRaider2001 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:39 am

i900frenchaddict wrote:try setting L2 and R2 as "hardware buttons" in Fpse options once you have BluezIme working (nd in bluez IME, try to set different values to these two buttons)

I am having similar issues with my controller and was refered to this thread. I am using the Logitech Gamepad F310 and a Galaxy S3 phone. The link to the gamepad is below.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/co ... mepad-f310

I downloaded Bluez IME and set L2 and R2 triggers to volume up and down. I then went into FPse and set HW keys for L2 and R2 as volume up and down. The problem is that when I go into a game, L2 and R2 triggers on my controller still do not work, but if I hit the actual volume up and down keys they do work.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help

gRaider2001
Fresh Fish

Postby gRaider2001 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:31 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:could you try with another emulator (nes, snes, whatever ^^) to see if you can get your gamepad L2 R2 butons to work?

Thank you for responding. I tried to get the R2 and L2 on my gamepad to work on the N64oid emulator. It set the hardware button as volume up and down, but my R2 and L2 still did not work. When I hit the real volume buttons they worked as I set up in the game.

When I try to set hardware buttons in Fpse on my Galaxy S3 they only physical buttons I have are volume up and down. Is there away to edit so I can use other buttons, such as keyboard letters or something else? Thanks again for the help.

gRaider2001
Fresh Fish

Postby gRaider2001 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:57 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:isn't there a feature in Bluez IME to do it? If my memory is good, you could set values to every button, instead of vol+/vol- you could set values like 1,2,3 etc ??

Yes there is away to do the in Bluez IME. What I did was set R2 and L2 in Bluez IME as volume button, then go into FPse and set hardware button as volume button, am I doing this right? I can set R2 and L2 in Bluez IME as anything, for example 1, but how do I do this in Fpse? Or do I not have to set hardware key in FPse as the same key I set in Bluez IME? Thanks for the help

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:02 am

I would use Bluez IME to set the keys to something else otehr than volume up / down - set it to 1,2,3 or some other key. Then, in fpse, try doing the 'assign hw key' by pushing the L2 or R2 button to see if you can set them. If it will let you set them, test them in the game.

I900frenchaddct - correct me if I'm wrong / if you want gRaider2001 to do something else.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

gRaider2001
Fresh Fish

Postby gRaider2001 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 am

bluezeak wrote:I would use Bluez IME to set the keys to something else otehr than volume up / down - set it to 1,2,3 or some other key. Then, in fpse, try doing the 'assign hw key' by pushing the L2 or R2 button to see if you can set them. If it will let you set them, test them in the game.

I900frenchaddct - correct me if I'm wrong / if you want gRaider2001 to do something else.

Thanks bluezeak for responding. I went to Bluez IME and changed L2 and R2 to 1 and 2. When I go into fpse and try to assign hw key by pressing L2 and R2 it does not recognize me pressing the keys.

Kyrasym
Fresh Fish

Postby Kyrasym » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Hmmm...no more other solutions to try?

Return to “General Discussion”