Fpse for Android News

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gregory85 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Last updates solve my problems and I don't have slowdowns on my Galaxy Note, I'm very glad, however Chrono Cross crashes after first movie (new game) and kick me to iso choice menu. So I use savegame from softgpu (loaded on opengl) and Chrono Cross works great (great, I mean performance) beacause is running 60+ fps (constant 60) with 32 bit + Antialiasing + filtering (except little lag when battle begins). Using softgpu saves and playing on it using opengl plugin is problematic because sometimes game crashes when I go to another area. Possible to fix it ?
Last edited by gregory85 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:10 pm

so here is the most excellent news !!

We fixed with the help of Crualfoxhound the slowdown in FF7. it's now smooth as butter, as well as sound using SPUIRQ!

In fact people who said that for them FPse 0.10.57 was the fastest are right partially, we found a bottleneck in cdrom emulation that din't exist in 0.10.57 that caused this slowdown in ff7.

Emulation is perfect now, so i'm preparing a new version, which will include the two new opengl test plugin as default for downloading.

Crualfoxhound has notice that many games are faster now and in opengl there is much more less lag.

Stay tunned, tomorow will arrive the best version of FPse!

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:56 pm

schtruck wrote:so here is the most excellent news !!

Emulation is perfect now,

Stay tunned, tomorow will arrive the best version of FPse!

First see then believe! But I surely hope you are right! Since the last few versions I keep getting sound issues and lags in either softgpu and opengl. Hopefully a lagfree fpse will one day arrive for us all :-)
Keep it up bro!

Primary Device: Galaxy S3 (I9300) Exynos 4412
Operating System: Cortex-A9, Mali-400
ROM: 4.2.2 CM10.1, 1280x720

Postby 6502 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:25 am

[Bug]: When ejectingchange iso/restarting fpse the gameid (e.g. SLED019577X) doesn't change so you still savestate to the first game until quit.
Last edited by 6502 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:54 am

FPse 0.11.39 is online !!!
- Ultimate fix which make Music and animation lot smoother.
If emulation is a bit slow use frameskipping, sound emulation will be smooth!
- change Fix distortion by Enhance sound emulation which can bring better sound emulation with special sound effect,only functional with SPUSYNC on.

This is the ULTIMATE version!! this bug were in fpse since one year! game are really incredible, just hope people who leaved the ship will test this new version, they won't regret. you can talk around you about this version because it worth a lot of.

Small tips for Chronocross in opengl mode, use Special Frame limiter, all is smooth, and if it's still a bit slow activate frameskip.

We'll concentrate now on small fix here and there, OpenGL 2 plugin which gives already bar better graphics and for example the game Tony Hawk 2 is perfect on it, included musics! so stay tunned, FPse will host new enhancement that will kick the psx emulation scene.

Analog Pad emulation of the Xperia play for android 2.3.3 will arrive too as well as OpenGL 2D rendering to get good screen filtering which is no more supported in Jelly Bean (or if someone has an idea how to apply ICS filtering on Jelly bean)

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:39 am

It's not up for downloading it yet on Play Store I just mentioned. Hopefully soon will be, can't wait to test it out and share results. But the ultimate goal would be making it run at original speeds in bith opengl and softgpu without the use of frameskip etc. so no lags etc.

Thanks so far for your work Schtruck. I hope this version is really a big improvement compared to the others.

skelton
Primary Device: JXD s601
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: Skelrom Alternative ICS

Postby skelton » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:50 am

I haven't noticed any improvement in sound, there are still some soud micro stuttering in sound, at least in soft mode. I am using Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and have to use frame limiter to avoid that system run too fast.

skwarosz
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GIO
Operating System: Cyjanogen MOD 7.2

Postby skwarosz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:43 pm

I have a problem with fpse on HTC EVO 3D. Program turn on but when i choose iso i just shut down and i can't do anything. I was looking for answer on the forum but i didnt find anything. I dont have any modification and i dont have root.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:45 pm

take logcat from market, run Logcat, clear log, press home, run fpse until it crash, and return to logcat then save log to file and send me this file to schtruck@gmail.com

skwarosz
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GIO
Operating System: Cyjanogen MOD 7.2

Postby skwarosz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Done

Return to “News”