Fpse for Android News

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby deejayzee » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:02 am

schtruck wrote:@deejayzee on which game you have such stuttering with SPUSYNC to on? and are you using frameskipping?

I tried 'Tekken 3' and 'Revelations - Persona', both have sound stuttering with frameskip on and off . With SPU sync set to off sound isn't stutter, but in 'Revelations-Persona' seems to lack some sounds and effects. Music sounds different than original.
I tested a bit OpenGL mode and it works much better - again in 'Persona' game, 2D scenes doesn't slow down when using frameskip.
Software mode is now feels smooth as never before, but it is true when you use only one option - framelimiter OR frameskip, or switch them off completely. But when both options is ON every game stutters, it feels like fpse skips too much frames. Maybe an option to choose frameskip level will do something with this? I mean if I can choose to skip 1 or 2 frames, not only 10, 20 - 50 fps.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:43 am

Major update to the OpenGL spreadsheet. I added all the items schtuck added to the top sections, and added all the opengl special fixes to the bottom section. In the main thread post I'm going to add what options are designed for what games.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3615
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... SLWc#gid=0

Sound issues - I did notice some slight oddities in sound on FF9. I think deejayzee may be right that it may only be when frameskip and framelimiter are on. I didn't do a lot of testing though, would need to test more for a better analysis.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:51 am

i found a strange problem on Jelly Bean, if you have FPse installed from Market and you try to upgrade using APK, that seem to be OK except when running Classes are broken. Tried that on two differents JB devices and same problem, so take care.

treekz
Primary Device: HTC Desire S
Operating System: Android

Postby treekz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:14 am

Open GL crashed my fpse in Samsung Tab 2 7.0. I can't uninstall it coz my save games will be erased. Help?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:44 am

i'm not sure your saves will be lost, try to take a look to /sdcard/.fpse

i made something to avoid losting savestates and memcards by copying them immediatly to this directory

it can be something else then /sdcard but usually it's where it's placed. DOn't forget to activate show hidden files in your file browser.

About the crash of OpenGL in your tablet, i need a log using the free software logcat. can you do it and send me to my email please?

treekz
Primary Device: HTC Desire S

Postby treekz » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:22 am

Okay T_T

I sent them already I just don't know what I've sent lol. Thanks & more power to you Sir Schtruck.

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 am

bluezeak wrote:Sound issues - I did notice some slight oddities in sound on FF9. I think deejayzee may be right that it may only be when frameskip and framelimiter are on.

No, I meant that framelimiter and frameskipping does not affect the sound, they affect the picture smoothness when they both ON

biro
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Brasil
ROM: 4.0

Postby biro » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 am

Biro, from Brasil
Hello ,please after the last two updates , the games Diablo and Need for Speed 3 dont work any more im my motorola xoom android 4.0 , please help-me. Thank's

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:30 am

Thnx for the updates so far. I can confirm weird sounds in FF9 now. Especially the cursor bleep sounds very "childish" now. I have to do more testing with different settings.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:31 am

just saw that cue file reading seems generating a mini crash that do not avoid FPse to run on my Galaxy SIII, but i suppose on othr system it must crash. i'm seeking this problem and will update quickly.

About the weird sound i'll add a new options for that you'll have to activate if you need to enhance sound for somes games. I disble this parameter in sound plugin because was generating distorsion in other games.

Return to “News”