bluefrog
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia S
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock Sony

OpenGL was working but now FPSE force closes

Postby bluefrog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi,

I started trying the OpenGL plugin with version 0.11.29 and it worked quite well, with a little bit of slowdown running Colin McRae 2.0

I was getting between 34 and 46 fps with the plugin active and the graphics rendered really well.

However after the 0.11.31 update, switching to OpenGL just caused a "Unfortuntely FPSE has stopped working" message at the point where you choose the ISO to load up. I then updated to .32 and .34 but to no avail. I have to clear data, force stop and then re-do all my settings for the "standard" rendering otherwise it just won't start up.

I thought it may be something in the updates but I just tried going back to 0.11.29 and now THAT won't start with OpenGL active either?!

Has anyone got any pointers as to what might be the issue? I know there's the option to NOT use the plugin but I'm utterly stumped as to why it did work and now doesn't.

I'm on the Sony ICS 4.0.4 Unrooted stock ROM for the Xperia S, btw, build 6.1.A.0.453

any ideas very welcome!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: OpenGL was working but now FPSE force closes

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:47 am

Schtruck changed the opengl plugen - he made it a opengl1.1 wrapper for opengl2 - or vice versa, I can't remember. Anyway - you have to redownload it. From inside fpse when you choose the plugin, you have to 'download from internet'.

schtruck really need to change the release notes to say that.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluefrog
Fresh Fish

Postby bluefrog » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Done that, tried downloading to SD card or choosing the "get from internet" option and it makes no odds. Thought i'd give the updates a chance before reporting again.....

As I mentioned (just to be clear really) It used to work up to version .29 but every time i switch to OpenGL now it brings up the "choose ROM" box and immediately gives the "unfortunately FPSe has closed" report. Going back to .29 doesn't help either.

It's playing pretty well without it on the latest update (.37) but did look a whole lot better with OpenGL when it worked. Frustrating......

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:10 am

Bluefrog, did you already uninstall and reinstall? Out sounds like you did. The version of OpenGL you should use is the one you download from within FPSE, but it sounds like toy did that.

What exactly is the problem? After you install OpenGL it should ask you if you want to use it, you say yes, and FPSE closes. Then you load fpse, choose an iso, and it will start, using opengl. where do you have problems in that process? what is the error?

bluefrog
Fresh Fish

Postby bluefrog » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:00 am

Hi,

Yeah I've tried clearing data and also uninstall and reinstall of different versions.

To try and clarify: I can use it just fine - load a BIOS, choose a ROM, set whatever I like and it works UNTIL I select "Switch to OpenGL". Then, following the instructions, I download the plugin and quit FPSe. But then when I restart it and the "Select ISO" box pops up it's followed immediately by a system message: "Unfortunately, FPSe has stopped".

Then I can't get it to work again until I clear data and restart it (whereupon it's not using OpenGL any more of course).

Up to version .11.29 it was working fine but now it just won't "play" with the plugin. Even odder, going back to version .11.29 doesn't help either. Maybe it's something on the phone but I'm a bit lost as to what?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:41 am

are you able to make a logcat of this problem and send me that by email pleasE?

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:10 pm

In version 11.30 schtruck changed the OpenGL plugin, and you have to use a new one. It seems like your phone is using the wrong plugin... But if your downloading it from the internet that didn't make sense. Send the logcat to schtruck.

Return to “General Discussion”