Fpse for Android News

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:12 am

In FF9, L1, L2, R1, R2 - all working for me.

Confirmed - openGL is working MUCH better. Anti-aliasing is going back to it's normal function of (for me) not making much difference graphically, but making games run slow (it's supposed to make gfx better at cost of fps).

BIOS screen - it's normal for me in softgpu. In openGL, it's usually normal unless I have certain settings set. It never messes up like the above screenshot.
    - alpha multipas - 1st screen, black border on words, 2nd screen part of 'entertainment' blacked out
    - advanced blending - 1st screen shading on words is colored
    - mask bit - 1st screen - colors are dark, 2nd screen background is gone, some words are clipped
I'm pretty sure that' smore or less normal though.

Schtruck - can you make the opengl plugin available so we can download it so we don't need to get it from the internet each time we want to switch? Can we use the plugintest2 you gave us?

finally - schtruck, now that it seems like you've got the latest update more or less ironed out (.zip compression?), maybe you could spare some time to help explain the opengl settings? If ever you have time my opengl post is always hoping for updates :). I understand if you'd rather focus on opengl2 ... that would make people happy too I think.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Kayann
Primary Device: Huawei Mediapad/Springboard
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock Firmware/ROM

Postby Kayann » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:55 am

bluezeak wrote:finally - schtruck, now that it seems like you've got the latest update more or less ironed out (.zip compression?), maybe you could spare some time to help explain the opengl settings? If ever you have time my opengl post is always hoping for updates . I understand if you'd rather focus on opengl2 ... that would make people happy too I think.

Now that things have returned to a relatively stable footing, and given comments made by both schtruck and yourself in regards to OpenGL compatibility between existing OpenGL and OpenGL 2 - ie. OpenGL 2 has better compatibility (of course your comments we in regards to the desktop version) it would seem it is probably the ideal time to 'move on' to development of the OpenGL ES 2 plugin. This suggests to me that it may provide a better base to work from (eg. to then try to improve speed and other issues) than trying to keep 'fixing' the existing OpenGL plugin which may never get as good as OpenGL 2 compatibility wise.

Of course if schtruck wants to slip in an update that makes software mode look better, I wouldn't say no either... :lol:

Xandrex
Primary Device: Hp Touchpad
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogenmod 9 nightly

Postby Xandrex » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 am

Just thought I'd post that Fpse after version 29 messed up my games in software mode. Every 3 seconds during battle, the graphs skip, for example in FF8 when a character moves in to attack, there is still an afterimage of him on the previous spot. I'm on a galaxy nexus with the latest Minco rom (JB r4). FF9 has this problem all the time. Would it be possible to reroll to v.29?

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:24 am

Xandrex wrote:Just thought I'd post that Fpse after version 29 messed up my games in software mode. Every 3 seconds during battle, the graphs skip, for example in FF8 when a character moves in to attack, there is still an afterimage of him on the previous spot. I'm on a galaxy nexus with the latest Minco rom (JB r4). FF9 has this problem all the time. Would it be possible to reroll to v.29?

I've noticed that too, you have to turn on the "Skip Fix" option in the video menu! then it's smooth again.

ManuBBXX
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: ICS stock

Postby ManuBBXX » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 pm

Can't have ff7 and ff9 working properly(very slow for the 9 and crash at battle swirm for the 7) in Peop's Opengl mode on my galaxy s2.. same with that new version

lucabelluccini
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SGS Galaxy Note
ROM: CM9 Stable

Postby lucabelluccini » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello,
any chance to make GT2 PAL work properly on my SGS Galaxy Note?
I'm on CyanogenMod 9 Stable version, enabled opengl (letting the app download the shared lib), added the bios and launched a PAL version of GT2.
Tried different combinations of settings.
It works, but when I enter in Driving licence or Race, it goes back to ISO selection.
FPSE Ver. 0.11.34
Last edited by lucabelluccini on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xandrex

Postby Xandrex » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Rotkaeqpchen wrote:I've noticed that too, you have to turn on the "Skip Fix" option in the video menu! then it's smooth again.

Tried that, didn't work. Too bad it makes games unplayable. The image just skips like every second, going back and forth between the current frame and the one a second ago.

I should keep backups of fpse when it works lol. Maybe introduce a rollback feature? I've been a longtime supporter so I've noticed that some versions just worked better than others.

Thanks,

Xan

Xandrex

Postby Xandrex » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Just rolled back to v29 and the problem doesn't occur anymore. Same rom, same settings. Weird.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:15 pm

The latest OpenGL just opens to a black screen.. Can't play at all in Chrono Cross as I can only see a black screen. no audio.. nothing but a black screen.

Another thing I notice with this totally broken OpenGL that the fps is no longer my typical 45-55 fps but 27 fps. This OpenGL is totally 100% broken for the Spring Samsung Galaxy S3.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 pm

xandrex- I have a similar issue. Does your fps display flash on and off too?

Try forcing mono core. That fixed it for me

Return to “News”