Fpse for Android News

vampiroluc
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus tf201 transformer prime
Operating System: Android

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby vampiroluc » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:15 pm

schtruck , Some solution to the problem with the error of the dual core , please?

Hiro14
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 0.0.9

Postby Hiro14 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:33 am

Thank you for all your hard work schtruck. I look forward to the new update. Also, I just got my hands on a 4.1.1 Jellybean build of android. Fpse isn't playing nice with it. Im sure it will be a good challenge to get fpse to work smoothly on the new version.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:35 am

sorry for the delay,

i haven't released this week end the new Version just because i found the problem with dual core and freeze . So i remade all the software drawing code, and was surprised because Mono Core gives far better results and no more freeze problem.
i have added a new option to tune the Drawing Thread Priority because on somes devices, emu is lot faster regarding this priority.
I have succeed to make the analog Sticks visible in software mode, that's works like in OpenGL mode, the Stick represented by the little Circle over the Sticks follow your fingers.
i have fixed too the PAD repositionning. Rework like a charm now.
i have to make more test today, and will send the last beta to all beta besters, but i think all is perfect now to release the new version.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:12 pm

schtruck I noticed some of the things you have worked on are ones that I had requested in the requests thread. Not sure if it was my request that got you to look at these but I want to say a big thank you. I can't wait for the update. I've been checking on google play everyday

vlada
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Ray
Operating System: Android
ROM: ICS

Postby vlada » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Is there any open spot for beta tester? I would like to help. Or it is restricted to some ppl...

Im on Xperia Ray with latest ICS.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 pm

i was very close to lost all my hairs yesterday evening because FPse didn't want to start any more, in fact it was caused by a bug on drawing code of FPse since longtime ago, fixed now.

i just sent Beta to i900frenchAddict, i'm waiting for his feedback.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 pm

i take my time, but i want to be sure with this release.

And last i was doing somes test with the Future Featue of FPse.... OpenGL-ES 2.0 plugin... with external shaders support. Graphically it's lot better than OpenGL-ES 1...

i have Fixed the crashed that happened into Config menu when you pressed BAck twice at loader to change default config.... now that's perfect i think.

Kayann
Primary Device: Huawei Mediapad/Springboard
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock Firmware/ROM

Postby Kayann » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:51 am

schtruck wrote:And last i was doing somes test with the Future Featue of FPse.... OpenGL-ES 2.0 plugin... with external shaders support. Graphically it's lot better than OpenGL-ES 1...

What do you mean by 'graphically'? Are you saying it looks better, or does it perform better? Is it more compatible with games (eg. fixing the extreme slowdown during the FF8 battle transition)? Some of the above? All of the above? Whatever it does, I'm sure it will be good, so thanks for working on it.

I'm hopeful that one day the OpenGL plugin might be fast enough and compatible enough to be the future default for FPse, but right now the Soft-gpu renderer is the best option.
With all the speed improvements to the software renderer, it might be an option to look at improving the graphical quality of that, eg. providing an option to increase the internal resolution so 3D models look better.

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:35 am

i think the version number should be at least 0.12... ;)

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:03 am

deejayzee wrote:i think the version number should be at least 0.12... ;)

you have not even tested...
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

Return to “News”