PS3 sixaxis controller (app) + FPSE + Nexus 7 help?

Tooks
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.72.110.4

PS3 sixaxis controller (app) + FPSE + Nexus 7 help?

Postby Tooks » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Hey guys, so FPSE runs beautifully on my Nexus 7, but im trying to get the best possible experience. I've setup my ps3 controller using sixaxis controller from the market. FPSE works with it if i map the keys to 'hardware keys' while having the pad setup as input, however it has slight issues ingame when using the dpad or analog stick, the direction controls work fine but to change directions i pretty much have to stop pushing any direction button. While this is fine for menus and in combat (I tend to play RPG's) navigating the map is rather annoying when your character stops everytime i want to change direction slightly.

Anyone know how to properly get a ps3 controller working with FPSE? Preferablly not using a USB OTG cable as i spent many hours getting my pad working via bluetooth (as i dont own one of those cables!)

Thanks in advance!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: PS3 sixaxis controller (app) + FPSE + Nexus 7 help?

Postby bluezeak » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I purger any option that's wireless. That being said, you can get that cable for $2 - $5 from Amazon.

I don't have any experience with the ps3 controller, hopefully someone else can jump in. but, have you set the control pad in FPSE to analog? If so, Analog may just not work will with that controller and it may be better to just set it to digital and not use analog.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Tooks
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.72.110.4

Postby Tooks » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:07 pm

I think I've fixed it. There was a setting in the six axis controller that allowed me to enable the controller to act as if it were directly plugged in and after rebooting my device it seems to be functioning correctly. Now that I've got this working and jury rigged myself a little stand for my nexus I'm a happy geek :-)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:32 am

FPSE OpenGL info - click here

DE619
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Rooted stock

Postby DE619 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Tooks wrote:I think I've fixed it. There was a setting in the six axis controller that allowed me to enable the controller to act as if it were directly plugged in and after rebooting my device it seems to be functioning correctly. Now that I've got this working and jury rigged myself a little stand for my nexus I'm a happy geek :-)

Hi I am having the same problem and can't seem to find that setting. Is there any way you can post the steps on how you did it?

aftershock
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock 4.04 Rom, rooted

Postby aftershock » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:01 pm

bluezeak wrote:Check it out..
http://thegameklip.com/

I really do like the gameklip and id be tempted to buy one but the shipping to the UK is more than the cost of the device itself. Plus there would be import tax to pay on it.. All in it would probably cost me $60.... :-(

edtan007
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperia tablet z
Operating System: android
ROM: fpse

Postby edtan007 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:56 am

Hello Tooks im also having the problem you had but the worst part is I cant play the crash bandicoot wired or wireless but its working on Google play store games and my tablet is rooted as well, I used sixaxis and fpse too...what setting did you do in sixaxis and fpse to make the controller work please help me its really important coz im doing it for my son.... My email is edtan007@ymail.com your help will be greatly appreciated by both us coz its supposed to be a bday gift for him but I couldnt make it work..... Please reply thank you

mastertantoo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1
Operating System: Android
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly

Postby mastertantoo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:46 pm

Edtan007,

Are you still trying to get this to work? I have nexus 7 and six axis wireless working very nice..

Regards,

Aaron.

Return to “General Discussion”