Final Fantasy VII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: Final Fantasy VII

Postby storm20200 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:40 am

It is worth noting I have no experience of trying to get FPse to play with FFVII. However to me that sounds like a loading issue. I once had a FFIX disc that refused to go past a certain point because of scratches. The screen would go black t load the next section but the music would keep playing without anything ever happening. So to me it sounds like a broken image file, FPse is very sensitive to bad images from my experience.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

thicks56
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC One X

Postby thicks56 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:16 am

Hi,

Very impressed with the emulator so far,
FFVII is the first game that ive ran on it and after a couple of glitches it seems to be working fine,

I just have one question though, I keep getting blank grey screens at sections of the game where i assume there should be a cutscene, Is there a setting or something i need to change to get these cutscenes to work?

any help greatly appreciated

Tom

Zujuju
Primary Device: HP Touchpad

Postby Zujuju » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 pm

The gray screen problem I also have. Apparently you are to supposed to load from a battery save or something. People are really bad with explaining these things, I do not know why. I know for a fact that you can search for the solution to the gray screen problem; however, my problem does not seem to have a definitive solution. Is there anyone who could help me out? I tried toggling with the saves but it does not seem to matter. Every time I try to switch discs the screen goes black and FPSE force closes. I know it's not a disc issue because I can load Disc 2 by itself, it only crap out when I try to change discs from disc 1. I use .iso files, should I try to use .img?

KuroNeko
Primary Device: Xperia Pro
Operating System: Ice Cream Sandwich
ROM: Rooted Stock Rom

Postby KuroNeko » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:57 am

Ok, from what I've read it looks like you've gotta load Disc 1, load a Disc 2 save and load Disc 2, there's no problem in using SaveStates I think..

Zujuju

Postby Zujuju » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:37 pm

How do I get a disc 2 save if I can't get to disc two? Do I just use a savestate at the title screen of 2? Haha.

KuroNeko

Postby KuroNeko » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:35 pm

I don't know, that's just what I've read.
I guess other people were able to load Disc 2 alone and save, do you not ?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:14 pm

I don't have a direct answer to the disk load situation, but I have a couple comments.

First, I know schtruck has spent a lot of time getting the disk change to work - so I'm sorry you're having problems :(. It does work, I'm sorry it's not working for you in this situation.

About save states: do not rely on save states! They work 90% of the time, or more. But, sometimes they have problems. Always save your game via in-game save. In fact, I recommend only using the in-game save, and just use save states for the specific times they're needed - right before a decision that you might want to go back on, or a boss fight, etc. Even then, make sure you have your game saved via memory card. Like I said, save states usually work - just don't let the one time it doesn't work ruin your work in the game.

Disk cahnge - most games that have you change disk allow you to save immediately before they have you cahange the disk. If you have problems with the disk change, save your game at that spot when the game lets you. Then restart fpse. Load the next disk. Load your save game - you should be able to continue from there.

Disk cahnge - process: menu, eject. choose next disk. The game should read the new disk. You may need to do menu, quit, restart - but that's more or less the equivalent of pressing 'reset' on the playstation.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Leviathan Freeze

Postby bluezeak » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 pm

OpenGL may allow not have the same problems with the game freezing on situations like that. If OpenGL works for you - use it. Gfx are so much better. If it works, but is too slow, you may just need to use it in situations like this where specific things cause the game to have issues.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

KuroNeko

Postby KuroNeko » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 am

The problem is.. if they are unable to get savestates to work they should either work on them or have asked the developers of another emulator (epsxe?) in the first place and work on emulating their savestate system or merge the two into another kind of save that would work for both of them.
Android and Linux are not that different at all and they should know that.
... THAT if the Android version is not just a mere port/recreation of the Windows Mobile version, which would explain why there are so many bugs.

It is still the best (and only as psx4droid is a dead project) PSX emulator for Android but the price is DAMN high and there is absolutely NO kind of support.
What a shame ...

Zujuju

Postby Zujuju » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:54 pm

So, the issue now is that when I load the second disc it does not read the data from either memory card. Is there a way to fix that? Thank you for all the replies guys.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”