Can't get heart of darkness working

sark666
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Can't get heart of darkness working

Postby sark666 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 pm

I just purchased fpse for android and this is the first game I'm trying. I have the US bios (scph1001.bin) loaded properly (I see the sony logo) and the image I have is in bin/cue format. I haven't modified the cue file but I don't believe that's necessary.

I get the initial loading menu and select start game and then get the fmv intro, skipping that I'm brought to the first scene of gameplay but it's frozen.

I read for this game invertcolors option is needed which I have selected, but the same thing.

I also tried with the opengl plugin (even though this particular game is 3d) but same as well.
I'm on a stock nexus 7.

I've read this game works so I'm not sure what else I need to do or if this is an issue with the latest version of fpse.

sark666
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: Android

Re: Can't get heart of darkness working

Postby sark666 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 pm

I got it working by info in this other thread:

http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2664&hilit=heart+of+darkness

Enabling spu sync. I read this before, but it didn't seem to take unless I save the setting as the default and reload. Does this setting affect other games and am I correct taht settings must be saved to take effect?

Also this other thread says he couldn't switch to disc 2. Does this support multi-disc games or is it an issue with heart of darkness?

It works with Phaedrus Nine advice but problem is that impossible is continue game on with second cd ((( I hope someone will fix that

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:44 am

I don't know if the issue with multi-disk is game-specific or not. I do know fpse support multidisk - you just choose change disk and restart. but, some people have reported issues with some games.

I bit of advice - don't rely on save states. be sure to use the in games saves as well. Save states usually work - but sometimes they fail. don't rely on them.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:43 am

multi disk is fixed since somes release. should work now.

Return to “General Discussion”