one rom shows black screen other stops at ps logo

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: one rom shows black screen other stops at ps logo

Postby storm20200 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 am

What I meant was that if you get your hands on an NTSC copy it should work without issue.

However if you aren't dying to play it another fix would be to use FPse's subchannel support feature which would make your disc work. Basically you would go to Redump, click on your version of FFVIII and at the top of the page there should be a tiny downloads bit that says "MD5 • SFV • Cuesheet • SBI subchannels"

Click the SBI subchannels bit, this will download a .sbi file which is what you need. Next you have to put it in the same folder as your FFVIII image files, it has to have exactly the same name as each disc so for example:
FFVIII Disc 1.bin | FFVIII Disc 1.sbi
FFVIII Disc 2.bin | FFVIII Disc 2.sbi
FFVIII Disc 3.bin | FFVIII Disc 3.sbi
FFVIII Disc 4.bin | FFVIII Disc 4.sbi

The only problem with this is right now it doesn't work, not with FFVIII at least. However, I *THINK* Schtruck may have found the issue and fixed it, fingers crossed it might be in the next update so you could choose to wait for it to be fixed or obtain an NTSC copy :D
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

storm20200

Postby storm20200 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:14 pm

He doesn't have a PC unfortunately =\
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

benubis
Primary Device: evo design
Operating System: ics

Postby benubis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Ok Thanks to a member whom I won't name, I have a working ff8 Rom. Outbox is awesome. Thanks to another member I won't name, I have a better source for ps Roms. Thanks everyone! I'm derinitly glad to be a member, and to be playing my favorite games on my phone. When I get home I'm going to splice two USB cables together to link my ps3 controller to my droid using sixxaxis. Then I might root my phone so I can get the game displayed on my flatscreen. Fun fun! Thanks again!

*thread solved*

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:45 am

Remember, piracy is not condoned in this forum.

As opposed to splicing a cable, you can buy a OTG cake cheap from Amazon.

Also, check this out, you may love it.
http://thegameklip.com/

Finally, know that some (all?) devices slow down significantly when displaying to hdmi output. I can really only talk for my phone (motorola bionic - dual core, 1GHz, 1GB mem) , when I do hdmi out and do 'clone screen' osx games are all but unplayable. My snes games are ok, but not psx. I wish they had a separate chip to handle that output ... And maybe they do ... But if so it doesn't work Erroll, our only works with specific apps.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

storm20200

Postby storm20200 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:55 am

bluezeak wrote:Remember, piracy is not condoned in this forum.

As opposed to splicing a cable, you can buy a OTG cake cheap from Amazon.

Also, check this out, you may love it.
http://thegameklip.com/

Finally, know that some (all?) devices slow down significantly when displaying to hdmi output. I can really only talk for my phone (motorola bionic - dual core, 1GHz, 1GB mem) , when I do hdmi out and do 'clone screen' osx games are all but unplayable. My snes games are ok, but not psx. I wish they had a separate chip to handle that output ... And maybe they do ... But if so it doesn't work Erroll, our only works with specific apps.

I wouldn't mind trying out a otg cake ^_^
Anyway I imagine the HDMI output makes FPse run at a higher resolution so it would require much more power to be smooth but maybe in a few years we'll be playing FPse at 1080p with our phones :D

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:09 am

I didn't think about that ... that may be the case. But it's just mirroring the display, so ... it's not really 1080p resolution - it just upscales what's on your phone to 1080p. I don't think it's actually rendering 1080p. it's possible that it actually rendering gfx for two different screens - but really I dobut it. I think it just upscales, and the upscaling is done poorly.

Aboyut the OTG cable - I have one for my motorola bionic. It's very cool, but the bionic's OTC cabability is ... severely cripled in how you activate it. The bionic requires incoming power on the otg cable, AND the outgoing power (which is required to power the usb device) is almost non-existant. So - to make it work you need to use a usb hub (hub provides power to device(s)), and you need a Y cable with both ends plugged into the hub. 1st end of y cable does the data connection, 2nd end of cable provides power - reson you need 2 ends: most usb hubs don't provide power on the same port the 'host' device is plugged into, but if you modify the hub to force it to send power then you only need one cable and not a y-cable.

Anyway, most device that support otg don't need a contorted setup like that. I read about a guy that modded the usb hub he was working with so it would supply power, and he would only need one cable and not a y-cable, then he went even further and he connected a phone battery to the usb hub to supply power (via a converter so that it supplied prober voltage, and he threw in a on/off switch). That guy knows his electronics!

That site I showed you sells those clips for the ps3 controller, and also the otg cable you'll need. cable is a bit more expensive than you can get it from amazon, but it's still pretty cheap.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”