Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:20 am

Welcome back!

Thanks Soo much for the update!

Good work on the find on the gcc compiler. Is there ant chance of getting the compiler fixed/updated so that you can still use the arm 7 enhancements? It seems like fixing the compiler would be the best option (option #3). That's something that I would think Android devs would be talking about in dev forums which is something I don't really pay attention too.
    options
    - get updated compiler?
    - If you did go back to the old code / compiler, wouldn't you eventually need to start using the new compiler?
    - Can you give an option that would allow us to turn off the arm enhancements, or does it require a complete recompile (totally different version of FPSE)?
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome back from your holiday Schtruck.

Would it be possible to get some input into how the subchannel loading actually works, on a specific level. It doesn't seem to work for all games and your knowledge might be able to help us figure out why it seems to be hit and miss. If you want some extra details on specific problems here is a link: viewtopic.php?p=28984#p28984
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:18 am

Yes been testing the new cheats menu on latest beta
Thay works great every time.

Spu sync is awesome now.

And the new way guncom (a) - (b) invisible location is great.
No need for me to map l3-r3 buttons to volume rocker:-)

Awesome work as allway schtruck
Galaxy note 9 exynos

reloaded
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s3 (korean 3g)
Operating System: android
ROM: cooked

Postby reloaded » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:18 am

welcome back schtruck wish you had a relaxing vacation

this has nothing to do with the cheat code you are trying to implement which sounds cool

i have 2 requests

1. when playing i uncheck force mono core and framelimiter to play with dual core option and have some major gameplay speed or else it gets real slow

but after playing a few minutes it freezes and i get this message

"error detected..... force monocore....."

i have to either force monocore as it says which isnt what i want
or save my current progress turn off fpse turn it on then finally load my last save progress..... "error detected"....

i know you can fix this annoying problem so please do ^^

2. can you try to make an option that optimizes quadcore processor just like the dual core optimization

by doing so i think it will be possible to play games with opengl without major slowdown(or maybe its not the cpu problem but something else :D )

anyway good luck with everything you do

Cheers

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I think those issues have already been noted, though that's a nice summary explanation. the 'feature request' thread probably could be maintained to show what's going on Courtney. Its stool used but I dint think there's a maintained list.

stiv
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: ICS

Postby stiv » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:36 am

Hi schtruck

I'm having problems using my bluetooth controller with fpse. When I have bluez ime installed I can never use the native bluetooth support in fpse.

I have bluez ime installed for other games and it's great. The problem is that fpse seems to prioritise using bluez ime over it's own native support. I'll try to start a game and fpse appears to call bluez ime and it can't be switched off.

I emailed the dev of bluez ime and he said that fpse may be calling bluez ime directly. Ideally it'd be good to pick between the two. Although bluez doesn't work for me in fpse.

Hope that makes sense.

stiv

SGS2 - ICS with iControlpad.

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 pm

schtruk, where you get the sources? Im searching for Broadcom VideoCore IV because source provided by Samsung is incomplete... can you help me to get more info about videocore4 codes please?

Also I read the samsung galaxy ace "i" use codes from broadcom and adreno, bouth mixed in kernel, so Im really confused and Im searching for more info.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:27 pm

More news of changes,

- fixed the SBI support problem on somes games like FF series.
- surely fixed the random black screen in dual core mode on somes device
- boosted highly the software mode... you won't believe it.... (checked on dual core and quad core devices, but i think Mono core devices should boost highly too)
- Fixed the 4/3 mode saved

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 am

icelaglace wrote:schtruk, where you get the sources? Im searching for Broadcom VideoCore IV because source provided by Samsung is incomplete... can you help me to get more info about videocore4 codes please?

Also I read the samsung galaxy ace "i" use codes from broadcom and adreno, bouth mixed in kernel, so Im really confused and Im searching for more info.

iceglade, I don't have answers, but I want to wish you good luck. Any support or info you can give would be great!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:57 am

just tested the last beta on my Xperia play and the result is like i thought a huge speed up. people with mono core devices will love this release too.

expect a release surely today.

next step, have to fix somes problem (which exist today too) with spusync and audio tracks or somes xa playing.

and i'll add support for .rar, zip and 7zip.

Return to “News”