bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 am

@ RueGorE:

The pic of your device explained your keyboard perfectly :)

Does the issue happen with both OpenGL and the softGPU? I have issues in OpenGL with my icontrolpad using the buildin bluetooth connection - liekly very different from your issue, but still it would be good to know if you have the same issue on both OpenGL and the SoftGPU.

I think I understand your situation perfectly, so I don't need youtube. Others may understand you better if you post it, but I don't think schtruck (the dev) will need it.

And - you said previous version of fpse worked ok? do you know WHICH previous version(s) worked ok? I know schtruck updated the controller serveral times in the last 10 revisions or so.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

sebastian9
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: N7000XXLRG

Postby sebastian9 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:01 pm

anyone can tell me
that program used to edit RAW files?

RueGorE
Primary Device: Sprint Galaxy S Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 [Latest Nightly]

Postby RueGorE » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 am

@bluezeak, yes it happens for both software GPU and OpenGL.

Zaroff
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6

Postby Zaroff » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Ummm, why is the matter of not being able to save screen ratio preferences purposefully ignored at all times? Any conspiracy we should know of?

madenssblade
Primary Device: HTC One X
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby madenssblade » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am

the poket iso tool output the files .bz but fpse app dont read them

Kiesman
Primary Device: Samsung GalaxySIII(SGH-I747M)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby Kiesman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 pm

thefitz wrote:I find that when I switch between software and opengl, whatever settings were set before the switch stay on permanently. Try setting the settings to what you want, switching to opengl, restart, switch back, and you should be good (or vice versa)

(This is about the Special Screen Size setting, btw)

Tried that, it did not save the setting. He had fixed the issue back in version 0.11.25 or something, and it broke again either 0.11.27 or .28.
Sanity is for Squares.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Zaroff wrote:Ummm, why is the matter of not being able to save screen ratio preferences purposefully ignored at all times? Any conspiracy we should know of?

There's no consiracy Zaroff. As far as I know, Schtruck is the only developer. He has a history / reputation for often not responding. He also has a reputation for quitely listening, and working on the code quitely in the background. In my experience over the past 6 months, he tends to ebb and flow with his updates - he'll go a while without updates, then release several. We know he was on vacation for a while - but while he was not actively responding I know he was sproadically reading the forums. I know about a week (or more?) ago he posted for the first time in several weeks so I believe he's back now, though I don't know if he left again for more summer outings. So, be assured he knows of the issue. As I said, I believe he's the only one that can fix it.

i900frenchaddict wrote: IMO, I can't see a real advantage in using PocketIso with Android

I've never used it. I don't really see the advantage though, since we can use 16 and 32 gig SD cards, it seems that you can either have different SD cards, or just get a bigger one. If you have that many games, just move some off your SD card (copy to PC / other) to make room. because we have all the space, we don't really need to use pocketiso to make games smaller. It was probably more useful years ago when larger SD cards weren't available / too expensive.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Kiesman wrote:
thefitz wrote:I find that when I switch between software and opengl, whatever settings were set before the switch stay on permanently...

(This is about the Special Screen Size setting, btw)

Tried that, it did not save the setting. He had fixed the issue back in version 0.11.25 or something, and it broke again either 0.11.27 or .28.

As Kiesman said, the settings that 'stay' between changing from openGL and softGPU are the ones the are already configured. Since the scrren size isn't 'sticking' it won't keep betwen openGL and softGPU.

Kiesman - nice input about the version differences and the screen size. I didn't know that.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:35 pm

Ohh, I didn't realize that. Can we rip the audio on our PCs. if so how would we get thegames to work with ripped audio? Having perfect audio would be great.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:20 am

hi everybody, i'm back from long vacation....

i have done somes interresting progress For the next version of FPse.... Fixed the mono problem when SPUSYnC is ON. that's far better now.

I have added the Button A and B from the Guncon to the screen to the Top left Corner and Bottom Left COrner. Those button are invisible let clean screen.
That easier now to play TimeCrisis...

Redone completely the cheating Menu and Cheating code, now you have to import a file then all cheats will appear into a new menu with Name of CHeat and Check box to activate individually each CHeat. All Cheats format are now supported, this work very well.
The .txt file must look like this one , here for TimeCrisis 2 US:

#Infinite Health#
8007D484 0003
#Infinite Time#
80022F06 2400
#Infinite Ammo#
8007D47C 0006
#Overall Time Is 0:00:00#
80022FA2 2400
#Infinite Credits#
8007D408 0004

Once loaded, you have a New sub Menu from Cheat menu, Called Cheat Set/Unset on which you ll see :

Infinite Health X
Infinite Time X
Infinite Ammo X
Overall Time Is 0:00:00 X
Infinite Credits X

Just activate or unactivate the one you'll want and enjoy easy playing...

I fixed many bugs too and found that my Tablet ASUS Transformer TF101 won't run FPse any more, so i made huge investigation during many days and finally found that the last version that worked well on my tablet was FPse 0.11.26, and after losing many hairs, i finally found that was a Bug of the GCC Compiler provided with the Last Android SDK!!!! the Code Generated is not compatible with Tegra 2 when ARMV7 optimisation is set.

So there is two solutions now, i do not activate ARMV7 optimisation, but i have no idea if there will have real Framerate lost. Or i rollback to old Gcc version, but the last one generate better code. Here is the Deal.

If anyone want to compare the current version COmpiled for ARMV6 and report if there is Framerate lost, contact me at schtruck@gmail.com

I'm a bit afraid that this problem exist on other devices.... especialy with Tegra 2 CPU. ANy report?

Return to “News”