View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412 ... 627  Next
 Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback 
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
Post Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback
RueGorE wrote:
Hi I just wanted to drop some feedback here concerning a sticky keys issue...

This sounds like an android issue, not a fpse issue. I assume you're using a bluetooth keyboard correct (as opposed to using a keyboard plugged in via a USB OTG cable)? Bluetooth keyboards ofthen get the 'sticky' key issue. FPSE may make the situation worse by not correcting as well as other apps may - that's possible. And, it sounds like you've already tried a different IME and that works better - so, use that, sounds like it's a good option. Where did you get that? I have 2 bluetooth keybaords and I've use a keyboard via the USB OTG cable and I don't have that IME.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 am
Guru

Kiesman wrote:
I'm not sure if you just keep missing the posts for it, but I'm going to re-post this issue again. The "Special Screen Size" option will not save to the option I set it to (4:3).

Every time the app is opened, the screen size is defaulted back to fullscreen. Kind of a pain to set it to 4:3 every time I open it.

Good work though, I love the FPSe and it runs flawlessly on my Galaxy SIII (North American release, 1.5ghz dual-core, 2 GB RAM, LTE-capable)

Confirmed - I tested this and have the same issue. I tested on FF9. I thought I had it fixed by doing a 'save config as default' but that didn't work.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:56 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Sticky buttons issues with FpseCE were already a pain with windows mobile ;)

Have you tried Bluez IME too?

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:39 am
Profile WWW

Primary Device: Sprint Galaxy S Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 [Latest Nightly]
bluezeak wrote:
This sounds like an android issue, not a fpse issue. I assume you're using a bluetooth keyboard correct (as opposed to using a keyboard plugged in via a USB OTG cable)? Bluetooth keyboards ofthen get the 'sticky' key issue. FPSE may make the situation worse by not correcting as well as other apps may - that's possible. And, it sounds like you've already tried a different IME and that works better - so, use that, sounds like it's a good option. Where did you get that? I have 2 bluetooth keybaords and I've use a keyboard via the USB OTG cable and I don't have that IME.

While I will agree this is an Android issue (after all I am using an Android OS with the Android build of FPse), however, I am -NOT- using a bluetooth keyboard nor one through the use of a USB OTG cable.
The hardware keyboard I am referring to is built into the device I am using:

I have the hardware keys mapped to key inputs for Player 1 controls.

This may be a bit difficult to follow (trust me, this doesn't seem to make much sense to me either) but it is what I am exhibiting.
When I have my device closed, I can simply use Android's on-screen keyboard wherever I would need to input text. Android allows for the installation of different keyboard "apps" if the user isn't happy with the default software keyboard. By simply navigating to Settings > Language & Input in the Android OS, the user can select a different "Input Method" to switch the software keyboard.

Of course, this shouldn't be an issue at all if I'm simply using my hardware keyboard to play FPse, but it indeed seems that setting Android to a different software keyboard causes FPse to freak out. Since I am using and noticing problems with the SwiftKey 3 keyboard, I am making special mention of it here.

This could be the fault of the keyboard, or conversely this could be the fault of FPse, or both. I'm not a developer or debugger so I don't know these things. I'm simply stating what my experience is. 8-)

As a side note, I have tried mapping many different keys to Player 1 inputs while having SwiftKey 3 set as my software keyboard. The effect is the same, still sticky keys.
If it helps any, I could demonstrate the issue by uploading a video to YouTube?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 am
Guru

@ RueGorE:

The pic of your device explained your keyboard perfectly :)

Does the issue happen with both OpenGL and the softGPU? I have issues in OpenGL with my icontrolpad using the buildin bluetooth connection - liekly very different from your issue, but still it would be good to know if you have the same issue on both OpenGL and the SoftGPU.

I think I understand your situation perfectly, so I don't need youtube. Others may understand you better if you post it, but I don't think schtruck (the dev) will need it.

And - you said previous version of fpse worked ok? do you know WHICH previous version(s) worked ok? I know schtruck updated the controller serveral times in the last 10 revisions or so.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:42 am

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: N7000XXLRG
anyone can tell me
that program used to edit RAW files?

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Primary Device: Sprint Galaxy S Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 [Latest Nightly]
@bluezeak, yes it happens for both software GPU and OpenGL.

Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:45 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
sebastian9 wrote:
anyone can tell me
that program used to edit RAW files?

Schtruck said to use the tool "bmp2raw" .....but maybe you just want to edit an existing RAW file and not convert? Seems you can do that with photoshop

Well, I've never edited a raw file ^^ (for the gamepad overlay I suppose?)

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:58 pm
Profile WWW

Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6
Ummm, why is the matter of not being able to save screen ratio preferences purposefully ignored at all times? Any conspiracy we should know of?

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Primary Device: HTC One X
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock
the poket iso tool output the files .bz but fpse app dont read them

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 6269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 406, 407, 408, 409, 410, 411, 412 ... 627  Next