View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Fpse for Android Feature Requests 
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Post Re: Fpse for Android Feature Requests
anthony001 wrote:
Im not sure if this was already implemented but i would like to request for fpse to make use of quad cores for s3. thanks

Same for the HTC one-X, we have 3 cores running so far ^^

tahngarth wrote:
A "floating" direction input like is used in some newer games, notably Final Fantasy III. It is a really good way to implement analog, and I would prefer it even for digital.

Don't know if it's easy or extremly hard to implement, but this could be an interesting feature

Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3
Purchased FPse for my Xperia Play yesterday. Overall this app is very encouraging, and the two games I am primarily interested in (for now) seem to run smoothly. However there are a couple of nagging issues. Not sure if these are considered bugs or feature requests, but here goes...

1. BENEFIT FOR ALL HARDWARE BUTTON USERS (not just Xperia Play) - Add option - When overlay buttons aren't drawn on-screen, they should not be there at all.

For my setup I'd ideally like to show/use only the shoulder buttons on-screen (L1/R1 and/or L2/R2 depending on the game) and I'd like them to appear in the lower corners of the screen. However, even if I don't "draw" the other buttons, they are still there on-screen. And since they are still there, I can't move my L1/L2/R1/R2 all the way down to the bottom corners. And touching my bottom corners uses the non-drawn but still-there control pad and 4 primary buttons. Not good. Of course, I haven't used FPse long enough to know whether or not this is a bug or intended design.

2. BENEFIT FOR ALL LANDSCAPE MODE USERS - Add option - Maintain original 4:3 ratio.

I'm one of the people who has a hard time coping with the "squashed" look of legacy 4:3 images converted to widescreen. I see other posts about pixel scaling and such. While that would be nice, I'd be much more interested in just being able to maintain a 4:3 screen ratio.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: JXD S601
My requests - (though I notice one or two posts with the same or similar). My device is JXD s601 and I apologise if you don't understand. When I talk of 4 buttons I mean Triangle Circle X and Square

1 - Ability to turn off overlay pads L2 and R2 or L1 and R1. We can turn off both L's or both R's but what about individually. Example : I have a JXD so I have 2 trigger buttons on top. When playing a game like Medal Of Honor I use L trigger to Aim and R trigger to shoot. This is L2 and R2. I use the overlay pads L1 and R1. Therefore I don't need the overlay L2 and R2 but they are constantly there.

2 - Ability to Disable overlay buttons not just hide them. As the post above say's you move the buttons but they become unresponsive because theres already a hidden button there,

3 - Ability to move the overlay Right analogue stick. I tried moving this and it wouldn't move. Then when I pressed the switch to change the buttons displayed the 4 buttons had moved but the analogue stick hadn't

4 - Analogue to hardkeys when 4 buttons displayed. This seemed to work previously. If I had analogue mode selected and had the 4 buttons displayed the right analogue stick would be on the hardkeys. Now it isn't

5 - SPUsync save states. If I have the SPU option on my save states don't work.

6 - Better sound sync with 2D graphics. 3D seems to be in sync but 2D graphics seem to be slightly out of sync. Makes Parappa The Rapper difficult

7 - Large (multidisc) eboot files. I have been told in another thread they work but everyone I tried gives me a message saying error.(All files have been tried on a different emulator(gp2x) and PSP)

8 - Game savestate switching. My save states seem to stick with the first disc loaded. I need to exit and restart the emulator if I want to use save states on a different game.

9 - Analogue position display. Similar to the N64 emulator I would like to see a display of where the analogue stick is in relation to the center point. Rather than just a circle

10 - Better overlay pad movement. Similar to the top ones. I would like it if you could place any button where ever you would like

Those are my requests yet even if none of them make it into the emulator I don't care because it's fantastic as it is anyway

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:42 am
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
slugworth wrote:
1. BENEFIT FOR ALL HARDWARE BUTTON USERS (not just Xperia Play) - Add option - When overlay buttons aren't drawn on-screen, they should not be there at all.

For my setup I'd ideally like to show/use only the shoulder buttons on-screen (L1/R1 and/or L2/R2 depending on the game) and I'd like them to appear in the lower corners of the screen. However, even if I don't "draw" the other buttons, they are still there on-screen. And since they are still there, I can't move my L1/L2/R1/R2 all the way down to the bottom corners. And touching my bottom corners uses the non-drawn but still-there control pad and 4 primary buttons. Not good. Of course, I haven't used FPse long enough to know whether or not this is a bug or intended design.

2. BENEFIT FOR ALL LANDSCAPE MODE USERS - Add option - Maintain original 4:3 ratio.

I'm one of the people who has a hard time coping with the "squashed" look of legacy 4:3 images converted to widescreen. I see other posts about pixel scaling and such. While that would be nice, I'd be much more interested in just being able to maintain a 4:3 screen ratio.

As noted, there is a 4:3 option. if that's not working or you have issues with it - talk about it in a new thread or in the main feedback thread.

For the buttons issue - I just tested on my phone and it works fine. If I turn off specific buttons, and then try to move the other buttons around, I can put them wherever I want. Again, if that's not working for you open a new thread or comment in the main thread.

Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:38 am
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
ROM: stock
Schtruck:
if you have a current backup fo fpse (inside /sdcard/fpsebackup), and you click 'backup' from the misc menu - will FPSE overwrite it? if so - does FPSE check to see if data exists BEFORE overwriting it?

If FPSE is overwriting backup data without warning people that it's overwriting the existing backup, I request that you put in a safeguard. Have FPSE check if data exists, and if so have FPSE ask if it's ok to overwrite the existing backup before doing so.

The current post by muzzles56 explains why this safeguard should be in place. It seems like it should be easy for FPSE to check before overwriting, but I don't know how easy it will be to get input from the user to very that it should (or should not) be overwritten.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3706

Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:30 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia MP SK17i
Operating System: Android GB 2.3.1
ROM: original ROM
for the developer please make BT Controller section to easily setting key. in GAMEPAD > bluetooth, there is only Icontrolpad, Bgm100 :(

Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:40 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
ROM: Stock
It would be handy to have compatibility with the specific .bin/.cue format that has the data track and CD audio tracks in their own individual .bin files. This format is used by at least one popular ROM set (Redump.org). Loading this type of .cue file in the current FPse leads to the BIOS.

The .cue file looks like this (Game X has one audio track):

FILE "Game X (Track 1).bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    FILE "Game X (Track 2).bin" BINARY
    TRACK 02 AUDIO
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:02:00

Currently the .bin/.cue format only works when there is only one .bin file containing all the data and CD audio information (seperated in the .cue file).

Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:10 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: JXD S601
Seems my request number 9 is already on the emulator when you use the opengl mode.
Sadly that mode does not work on my JXD s601 so my new request for 9 is to have it work in software more or to have opengl mode work on JXD s601

Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:14 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S III
Operating System: Android ICS 4.0
ROM: Final Fantasy VII
I would love the ability to use my external SD Card to store my ISO's.

What's the point of having a 64GB SD Card, if I have to fill up my internal SD Card storing these huge files?

It would be easier and more efficient to use the external SD Card as the area of storage for the ISO's, due to the storage limitations of the internal SD Card.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:41 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: ICS
fpse doesn't care where you keep your iso's. Just navigate to them through fpse. I have 10 gigs of iso's on my external sd on my Galaxy S2.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next