opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu

Hiro14
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 0.0.9

Re: opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu

Postby Hiro14 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:25 pm

drgci wrote:I think the developer of fpse need to must work harder :)

I would agree with you if the 225 wasn't so new. I understand that there will be issues with the newer hardware. But FPse has been the best PSX emulator for Android I have tried. It seems that this developer has made some awesome progress lately. If the next update improves the performance of my Galaxy S3 then I will be donating some serious $$.

Hmm.... I just found an overclocked kernel to put it up to 1.9 GHz. Ill try these games again with the new boost. Maybe it will perform better.(And hopefully it doesn't burn a hole in the back of my phone for being so hot)

Hiro14

Postby Hiro14 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:28 pm

drgci wrote:Wow really low fps:( adreno 225 its 50% faster than adeno 220 and I got on my touchpad with adreno 220 gpu and overclocking CPU at 1.8ghz in final fantasy 7
Cutsceanes:~300fps
In game walking around:~75fps
In battle:70-100fps
Of course with opengl plugin!

By the way, that is some sweet performance on your touchpad. That also has higher resolution than most phones too. With a sixaxis bluetooth controller you will have a sweet portable setup. :D

Spartoi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: AT&T Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0
ROM: Stock

Postby Spartoi » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:19 pm

Hiro14 wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:@Hiro14: how many fps do you get on a game like Final Fantasy (7.8 or 9) with no frameskip and no filtering at all, in openGL? Also sometimes forcing 32-bit rendering improves fps. Sure that if you have less fps than my Sensation with Adreno 220, there's a problem somewhere.....!

I don't have the iso for 8 and 9 but I do have 7. Its very inconsistent frame rate with what you wanted me to test. In addition to the bolded settings above I also enabled alpha multipass and off screen drawing. The results were all over the place.

Cut Scenes -100~120 fps (I was surprised to see this high number)
In game walking around - 30~50
When a battle gets started - fps drops way down to 5 fps( it takes almost 30 seconds to go into battle mode because frames go sooooo slow.)
In battle 70~100 fps

I saw these numbers vary A LOT depending what was on screen. Sometimes I would get a huge boost of speed and then the next second it would drop clear down to like 15 fps. Such inconsistency makes it hard to play.

In most games I play (Legend of the Dragoon, Xenogears, and Metal Gear Solid) the fps on average is about 30-50fps with filtering off, no frameskip, and no frame limiter. Every so often I get a huge boost that sends my frames through the roof but that depends on how much is shown on screen.

This is by far the most annoying thing. Its a shame that everything else runs great except that. The only fix I've discovered is using the Frameskip, but then obviously the game doesn't run as smooth.

Zerokewl
Primary Device: HTE EVO 4G LTE
Operating System: Android 4.03?
ROM: MeanRom

Postby Zerokewl » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:41 am

anyone seen this problem before? not 100% but i think it may have to do with the LTE's soft menu button. i will update after i remove it and retry.

INFO:
htc evo 4g lte
MeanROM 1.7
Open GL (gives odd menu ghosts, softgpu no ghost but bad gfx)
Attachments
2012-07-23 01-31-01.597.jpg
2012-07-23 01-31-01.597.jpg (163.09 KiB) Viewed 15731 times

Hiro14

Postby Hiro14 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:54 am

Zerokewl wrote:anyone seen this problem before? not 100% but i think it may have to do with the LTE's soft menu button. i will update after i remove it and retry.

INFO:
htc evo 4g lte
MeanROM 1.7

Yep, I am having the same graphical glitch with my Galaxy S3. I believe that the evo lte and the S3 both have the same gpu. In game stuff plays fine(without glitches I mean. Frame rate is just plain bad when the GL plug in is enabled) I only get the graphic glitches when I open a menu or am at the start screen.

Zerokewl

Postby Zerokewl » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:33 am

Hiro14 wrote:Yep, I am having the same graphical glitch with my Galaxy S3. I believe that the evo lte and the S3 both have the same gpu. In game stuff plays fine(without glitches I mean. Frame rate is just plain bad when the GL plug in is enabled) I only get the graphic glitches when I open a menu or am at the start screen.

kinda stuck no matter what i do.

Softgpu: plays for a few min then gives "switch to monocore" error
OpenGL: "ghost menus"

/sigh, and it looked so promising

Hiro14

Postby Hiro14 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Zerokewl wrote:
Hiro14 wrote:Yep, I am having the same graphical glitch with my Galaxy S3. I believe that the evo lte and the S3 both have the same gpu. In game stuff plays fine(without glitches I mean. Frame rate is just plain bad when the GL plug in is enabled) I only get the graphic glitches when I open a menu or am at the start screen.

kinda stuck no matter what i do.

Softgpu: plays for a few min then gives "switch to monocore" error
OpenGL: "ghost menus"

/sigh, and it looked so promising

How are your frame rates though? You know, when you don't get the mono core error. Also, I found that I get the mono core error less if I keep framelimiter on and frame skip off. Perhaps this will give you a better experience.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:31 am

I was looking back through and didn't see...

when using the softgpu and you 'force monocore' how is your performace? it should be great, as long as you don't enable filtering.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 am

about ghost images - is there another thread about them? I thought I saw one and answered questions about it...
Subject: opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu

Zerokewl wrote:anyone seen this problem before? not 100% but i think it may have to do with the LTE's soft menu button. i will update after i remove it and retry.

INFO:
htc evo 4g lte
MeanROM 1.7

ghost menus are often caused by the alpha multipass which deals a lot with transparency - although your screenshot shows 3 different menus. that's not just ghosting, that's also duplication. Also, that screenshot goes from somewhat faded to over-contrast / bright. The advanced blending can cause that high contrast effect.

What game is that, I'll see if I can test it. Also, I would like to talk about this in my openGL forum (see my signature).
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Zerokewl

Postby Zerokewl » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am

bluezeak wrote:about ghost images - is there another thread about them? I thought I saw one and answered questions about it...
Subject: opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu

INFO:
htc evo 4g lte
MeanROM 1.7

ghost menus are often caused by the alpha multipass which deals a lot with transparency - although your screenshot shows 3 different menus. that's not just ghosting, that's also duplication. Also, that screenshot goes from somewhat faded to over-contrast / bright. The advanced blending can cause that high contrast effect.

What game is that, I'll see if I can test it. Also, I would like to talk about this in my openGL forum (see my signature).

i used my webcam to take the pic cause if i take a screenshot you only see one menu that being said, sounds like its multi-framed. Odd part is game runs fine, just the menus are messed up. Game is Xenogears. i did play one with only Frame-limiter, 32-bit rendering, then nothing but, frame-limiter and problem persisted

Return to “General Discussion”