Nexus 7 Compatibility

trundley
Primary Device: Nexus 7 (Eventually)
Operating System: Jellybean 4.1

Nexus 7 Compatibility

Postby trundley » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi, in a week or two im going to be ordering the Nexus 7 and seeing as FPse has a lot more better reviews than PSX4Droid on the Google Play store, i thought i'd hit up the forums to see if there were any clear, concise tutorials on how to use the program, but there doesn't seem to be any really straight forwards ones. I was hoping to get some instructions so as soon as i got the Nexus 7 in my hands, i had FF7 waiting for me. Im looking to get Final Fantasy 7 working on the Nexus 7, as i did have it for my iPod Touch 4G, but it was laggy, and im hoping that the nexus 7 will remedy that with its nice hardware.

I was wondering if anyone can give me any help as to how to get this working. I'm going to get FPse for android from the google play store and I already have the ROM files (all 3 of them) and the BIOS file (SCPH1001.bin).

Thanks in advance.

bagofcrap24
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android
ROM: SlimLP (Lollipop 5.0)

Re: Nexus 7 Compatibility

Postby bagofcrap24 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:37 pm

i run it on the one X which has the same Tegra 3 SOC and playing Final fantasy 9
runs at about 140-160 FPS normal & 80-100 in battle scenes
with OpenGL (better graphics) i get 100-140 normal & 45-80 in battle

would probably expect similar results from the N7

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:58 pm

I'm running Jelly Bean AOSP ROM on my device, for now screen filtering don't work in fpse .29 in android 4.1.1

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:54 am

Theres a gest help file in the app itself but sadly I don't know that its available online ... That's silly... Get the app now on any device logged in with your account to the google store then you can download it again once you get your new device. Once you have it you can sew the manual.

The official faq is here:
www.fpsece.net/faqs.xhtml

See the game specific forums for ff7. I'm not sure if or how well it works with OpenGL.

Please see the OpenGL thread I wrote, it has a TON of information. See my signature.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

trundley

Postby trundley » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:49 am

bluezeak wrote:Theres a gest help file in the app itself but sadly I don't know that its available online ... That's silly... Get the app now on any device logged in with your account to the google store then you can download it again once you get your new device. Once you have it you can sew the manual.

The official faq is here:
http://www.fpsece.net/faqs.xhtml

See the game specific forums for ff7. I'm not sure if or how well it works with OpenGL.

Please see the OpenGL thread I wrote, it has a TON of information. See my signature.

Ah i see, i didnt know there was a manual inside the FPse for Android App! When you say "I dont know thats its available online" do you mean 'I dont know whether its available outside of the app'?

Its okay if it isn't, or it doesn't make sense, ill be certain to come back to the community for help. Cheers.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 am

Yes that's what I meant.

Poor schtruck (the developer). His website is pretty woefully out of date. He spend his time updating the app though, so he's forgiven. He's on vacation at the moment for a couple weeks.

trundley

Postby trundley » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:56 am

bluezeak wrote:Yes that's what I meant.

Poor schtruck (the developer). His website is pretty woefully out of date. He spend his time updating the app though, so he's forgiven. He's on vacation at the moment for a couple weeks.

All is forgiven then. Hopefully when I, or someone else, gets our Nexus 7's a guide would be created from it and put on the site.

trundley

Postby trundley » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:17 pm

I'm stuck. I have a .cue and .bin file. I've got the SCPH1001 BIOS file and selected it to load and when i choose the ISO to load i get the old playstation logo with the bit of sound and then FPse crashes out.

EDIT: Im loading these from the devices internal storage if that makes a difference.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:41 pm

trundley wrote:I'm stuck. I have a .cue and .bin file. I've got the SCPH1001 BIOS file and selected it to load and when i choose the ISO to load i get the old playstation logo with the bit of sound and then FPse crashes out.

EDIT: Im loading these from the devices internal storage if that makes a difference.

Please see this thread:
www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3709

trundley

Postby trundley » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:23 am

now the game plays but i get no sound and a license error. In using 3 different ISOs to see if the problem was the ISO but it isnt

Return to “General Discussion”