Phonejoy Analog and FPSE 0.11

smash
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Re: Phonejoy Analog and FPSE 0.11

Postby smash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:37 am

Hi Bluez - I didn't have any joy turning on either BGP100 or Icontrol Bluetooth unfortunately.

The only way I can get analog working with 100% hit rate now is with the above procedure - nothing else seems to work.

It seems the bluezIME driver works OK I suspect the fault is with FPSE implementation...

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:05 am

That's interesting. Phonies webpage gives explicit instructions for how to use FPSE, and from what you said they dint work for you. I don't know why but that makes me think its an issue with your phone.

www.phonejoy.us/support/getting-started ... pse-setup/

The easiest way to use FPSe is by using the Phone­Joy auto-config provided by FPse. For this solution you do not need to launch/activate Bluez-IME, although you will need to have it installed and fully set-up.

All you need to do is to turn on your Bluetooth and PhoneJoy and then launch FPse. FPse should then notify you that it has connected to PhoneJoy and from then on your PhoneJoy is fully set up and usable including its Analog mode. No further button configuration is needed. Your button setup will be identical to that of a original Playstation controller, independent from what you have set up in Bluez-IME.

SEPARATE QUESTION does anyone connect their controller without using bluez / with it turned off, using the Bluetooth options in FPSE to connect their controller, and use OpenGL? For me My controller won't work if I use the bulletin Bluetooth and OpenGL, but if I use the softGPU it works.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

smash
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Postby smash » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:08 pm

Beginning to think it may be my phone! Just played Wind-up Knight with phonejoy and BluezIME and there's noticable lag between button push and phone reaction - easy to see on Wind-up Knight as the buttons light on screen when pressed.

When I played it through MHL on TV it was unplayable as that introduced another lag between the phone screen and the TV although that may be to do with my MHL adaptor. Getting thoroughly fed up with all these things being almost but not quite there!

JohnW
Primary Device: Asus Transformer T300

Postby JohnW » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:43 am

Well I still have not gotten the analog to work with FPse. N64oid works fine so I know its not the Asus TF300.

It should not be thing hard. In N64oid I can turn on the analog button if I forget and it just starts working. You can even override the hard button assignments if you want.

Can we get this looked at please... too many people are having problems. No reason we should have to jump through hoops.

Thanks

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 pm

John, schtruck has said (I believe) that analog only works via the built in Bluetooth functionality. phonejoy has started a supported method for getting their product to work with FPSE. To turn of bluez you turn it off from within the bluez app - select a different ime, then turn Bluetooth off. At that point you should be able to turn Bluetooth back on. To be hardcore you can take the extra step of disabling bluez all together by going to setting, keyboard, uncheck bluez so it doesn't even show up add an ime.

And like I said, it works great for me on my icontrolpad, but only on games that allow for analog input. I think it should be able to work great for you also. Did you ever get it to work with the builtin Bluetooth? Did you see the instructions form phonejoy?

JohnW
Primary Device: Asus Transformer T300

Postby JohnW » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:01 am

See this earlier post I made....

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3660

It was the 'selecting a different IME' that was the problem. That should be clarified on the Phonejoy webpage.

Thanks

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:37 am

Interesting. You don't mention anything about using the builtin bluetooth option in FPSE though. Do you set the controlpad options to use bluetooth? If so which option do you use? If not, with bluez turned off, how can Fpse connect I wonder?

Return to “General Discussion”