iControlPad not working with OpenGL

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

iControlPad not working with OpenGL

Postby bluezeak » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 pm

The below is a copy of my post on the main "feedback" thread.

(possible) Bug Report

(I don't know if there's a different / better place to report a bug - if so let me know / move this post)

iControlPad doesn't work when using OpenGL plugin.

Can anyone else confirm?

At least, mine doesn't work. It works with the softGPU, but not OpenGL. I've tired it several times, with different games. I've tried with an older copy of th OpenGL, the current one that I downloaded to my phone from the website, and the one that you can download from in FPSE directly. FPSE will scan for my iControlPad, will detect it, and I even get the 'device connected' - but it doesn't work. When I use the softGPU, it works.

I also tired configuring the iControlPad with BlueZ IME, but for some reason I can't get FPSE to recognize the iControlPad (iCP) when I go to do the hardware buttons setup. I know the iCP works as if I go to a text file I can use the buttons to do input. But in FPSE it doesn't won't recognize the buttons. I suspect the BlueZ IME / hardware button assignment is a different issue, and it may be something odd about my phone. But, I know that the my phone works with FPSE and iControlPad when using the gamepad 'bluetooth' option and using the softGPU. Spent 80 hours or so in Final Fantasy tactics a couple months ago. And it still works now. But not when I use OpenGL.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: iControlPad not working with OpenGL

Postby bluezeak » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:48 am

Minor update - the issue with clues is specific to my phone - that is its specific to motorola BLUR user interface. That's why I can't map keys.

However, the issue with OpenGL remains.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “General Discussion”