[HELP]FPse w/OpenGL enabled not loading games

Gimbulate
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Operating System: Android
ROM: Omega v7.1

[HELP]FPse w/OpenGL enabled not loading games

Postby Gimbulate » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:29 am

I am having trouble with this on every game I have tried on my SGS3.

When I switch to OpenGL mode (using libopenglplugin.so) and restart the app the games just black screen. If fast boot is not on, some game will load the first PlayStation splash screen but not fully, then it will black screen. When in black screen I can sometimes bring the menu up but it just freezes. If I don't try to bring the menu up it will eventually just take me back to where I select a ROM to open, and repeats the process until I switch back to software mode.

Anyone got any idea how I can fix this?

(Sorry if the name format for the thread is incorrect, and sorry if this has been answered: I have look high and low for an answer to this but cannot find one).

vainglorious
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s3

Re: [HELP]FPse w/OpenGL enabled not loading games

Postby vainglorious » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:33 am

I also use FPSE on my S3 but I haven't found any problems as you do after switching to OpenGL.
I think there might be something wrong with the source you downloaded OpenGL from.
Why don't you try the first option saying "download OpenGL from the internet" when switching to it ?
Then, you just close the app by choosing quit and open it again. What I merely found after setting OpenGL
is that the playstation logo is not fully showed on the splash screen as you mentioned. However, everything is fine
after that, no blackscreen and no other problems. Therefore, the problem you have been facing might be from the
downloading source. Try downloading it from the internet following the first option when you choose to switch to OpenGL.

Gimbulate
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Operating System: Android
ROM: Omega v7.1

Postby Gimbulate » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:18 am

vainglorious wrote:I also use FPSE on my S3 but I haven't found any problems as you do after switching to OpenGL.
I think there might be something wrong with the source you downloaded OpenGL from.
Why don't you try the first option saying "download OpenGL from the internet" when switching to it ?
Then, you just close the app by choosing quit and open it again. What I merely found after setting OpenGL
is that the playstation logo is not fully showed on the splash screen as you mentioned. However, everything is fine
after that, no blackscreen and no other problems. Therefore, the problem you have been facing might be from the
downloading source. Try downloading it from the internet following the first option when you choose to switch to OpenGL.

Ugh. Such a simple fix. I couldn't find a plugin anywhere online and took the 'get from Internet' to man I would have to look myself.

Seriously, thank you. Only tried FF9 so far but it looks shit hot.

It is a little sluggish, but I will try OC'ing the CPU and GPU, can you tell me any of the options that make much difference in performance? Also, when I switch to 'original screen size', it just cuts the sides off the screen but keels the aspect radii all the same, so all I get is a loss of image.

Thanks again :)

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:30 am

FPSE OpenGL info - click here

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:34 am

I get this same problem with my JXD601 no matter if I use the get from internet option or locate the file from my SD card.
I just assumed it wasn't a compatible option though

Return to “General Discussion”