View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: htc one x
Post opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu
opengl runs horribly on andreno 220/225 gpus and i was wondering in any progress had been made in fixing/optimizing it? This affects every htc one x and galaxy s3 bought in the us. thanx

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Post Re: opengl and andreno 220/225 gpu
On my Sensation, so Adreno too, openGL runs fine, but needs frameskip in almost every game. Example: I have between 32 and 38 fps in tekken 3 without frameskip and must put "old frameskip" to reach about full speed.

It's faster on my One-X tegra3, of course, but on some games like Tekken3, it's only faster by 10%.

Also I don't have more graphic glitches on my Sensation (with Adreno) than on my One-X (with Tegra3)

Can you tell me how many fps you get in Tekken 3, with and without frameskip (and no other filtering, even if some can be checked without losing fps) ?

Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Fish

with opengl and nothing else checked I get 25 to 30 fps, unplayable

Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:44 am
Global Moderator

Tegra 3 is a little faster, right.

But I'm pretty sure that you'll have full speed and a game that is still smooth by using 'old frameskip".

And tekken 3 is one of the very slowest games (because it has many polygons, shaddings, lightenings, etc)

Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 am
Profile WWW
Fresh Fish

what do you get with the Tegra

Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:52 pm
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC ONE X
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock
i900frenchaddict, I have a HTC ONE X using Tegra 3 too, do you mind posting what settings you use?

I'd also be interested to know if you use the same settings across the board, or do you make specific changes for power hungry games like Tekken 3.

Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Primary Device: htc sensation
Operating System: android
ROM: cooked
i900frenchaddict wrote:
On my Sensation, so Adreno too, openGL runs fine, but needs frameskip in almost every game. Example: I have between 32 and 38 fps in tekken 3 without frameskip and must put "old frameskip" to reach about full speed.

It's faster on my One-X tegra3, of course, but on some games like Tekken3, it's only faster by 10%.

Also I don't have more graphic glitches on my Sensation (with Adreno) than on my One-X (with Tegra3)

Can you tell me how many fps you get in Tekken 3, with and without frameskip (and no other filtering, even if some can be checked without losing fps) ?

I have overclocked hp touchpad at 1782mhz same soc with sensation and its give me 10-12 fps more in every game like ff 9,ff 7, grand turismo 2 (40-55fps) I don't have tested tekken 3 yet,
And why you don't install bricked kernel on sensation? For better performance!

Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:42 pm
Global Moderator

drgci wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:

I have overclocked hp touchpad at 1782mhz same soc with sensation and its give me 10-12 fps more in every game like ff 9,ff 7, grand turismo 2 (40-55fps) I don't have tested tekken 3 yet,
And why you don't install bricked kernel on sensation? For better performance!

Because I now have a One-X ^^ But yeas, my Sensation was with Bricked kernel inside. But I fear the Sensation has reached its max potential (except if a port of JellyBean gives better resuts than ICS, maybe in the UI, but in game I don't know)
So far the One-X is not overclockable

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock
This is a great thread! Please also consider posting in my OpenGL thread. I'm trying to consolidate information about using OpenGL in FPSE, although this thread is more hardware specific. I'll try to update my thread with the info here.

@i900frenchaddict - what's the fix for the adreno 220/225? The posts I saw in the feedback thread back in April talk about updating the drivers or updating to ICS. I saw a thread on XDA about updating the drivers for 220 if you have ICS, and there's tons of stuff on google about it. But that's all for the 220, not the 225. So - are the problems with the 225 the same as the 220? Is the fix the same (fixing drivers)? Also, difference between the Tegra3 GPU (HTC One X) and the Adreno 220 (HTC Sensation) - do you mean you have more graphic glitches with the Tegra 3, but it runs faster? Or do you mean the Tegra three runs faster, but the Adreno 220 has more glitches? Finally, what settings do you use on the One X?

@drgci - I don't understand what you mean about FPS - do you mean you get MORE FPS, that your HP Touchpad runs faster? Or do you mean your HP Touchpad runs slower?

On a separate issue, I saw a post at XDA about the Adreno 225 that said when he used "advanced 3d Rendering" (from the softGPU) it caused crashes - did any of you have that issue?

Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:09 pm
Global Moderator

Tegra 3 is just faster than dual-core + Adreno 220, I don't have more glitches on my One-X than on the Sensation (that is to say less glitches than on a Mali 400 ;) )
Not "way faster", just "a little faster" on some games, and "really faster" on some others.

On the Sensation, considering openGL, updating from Gingerbread to ICS was a huge difference indeed (and not only for Fpse). Then we had some updated drivers for the Adreno itself, these drivers are included in most of custom roms (I had Android Revolution HD, it was included). It was 2.15 and 2.18 drivers (2.18 was not so stable..)

For Schtruck, the potentially fastest GPU was the Mali, but it's just a pain to make it run correctly and it has more graphic glitches. Then the Adreno and Tegra 3 are on the same level: faaaaast and few glitches. As for PowerVR, it don't remember what he told :mrgreen:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:23 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next