Fpse for Android News

sas.69
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby sas.69 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:09 am

Hi all!

First I want to thank schtruck for his hard work. He did a wonders with the final releases. I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase of this application. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Second of all I want to say to all those idiots which are blaming the app for not been able to play some of their pirated games, to go f**k themselves and buy some games. Aftar that they will see what great app this realy is.

And last, I have a problem with saving my progress. I just wanted to ask if there is a way to save my progress? Because when I try to save the emulator sometimes freezes and when I try to restart it and load my save it is giving me an error saying that I need to load the Bios and then to load the default config. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. If someone could help it will be greatly appreciated.

Xandrex
Primary Device: Hp Touchpad
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogenmod 9 nightly

Postby Xandrex » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:36 am

First of all great work to the authors of this program, it's a great piece of software.

Second I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong. I have Fpse on my Galaxy Nexus (AOKP + franco.kernel @1317 Mhz GPU @384 Mhz) and I can't seem to get Final Fantasy IX to run properly in OpenGL mode.

First of all, my settings are the following:

Fast boot: ON
SPUSync: ON
Frameskip: ON
OffScreenDrawing: ON
Special Framelimiter: ON

What I find weird is that when I disable the framelimiter, the framerate goes enormously high (+150) as if to say the hardware doesn't have a problem with it at all. I tried this with both the old one and the new "special" one.

jbenam
Primary Device: JXD S7100B
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Bitrider 1.0

Postby jbenam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:21 am

Xandrex wrote:What I find weird is that when I disable the framelimiter, the framerate goes enormously high (+150) as if to say the hardware doesn't have a problem with it at all. I tried this with both the old one and the new "special" one.

Same here in software mode. With framelimiter on, I have slowdowns in battle. With framelimiter off, thing go WAY too fast, with no noticeable slowdowns.

Badingerz
Primary Device: Asus TF101
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby Badingerz » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:49 pm

Great app, kudos to Schtruck for updating & improving fpse every now and then.
But one thing I would like to point out is that it still crashes & closes very often in dual core mode, system instructs me to force mono core but its super slow running in mono core. So I still have to save my progress in my games every minute. Hope next update would fix this issue... Anyways, more power!

kwan728
Primary Device: galaxy npte
Operating System: androod 2.3.6

Postby kwan728 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:49 am

thefitz wrote:Strange issue to report - when playing Dragon Warrior VII in OpenGL mode, whenever a text box pops up, it appears that the texture filtering 'turns off' and it looks exactly like it does in software mode, and the framerate cuts in half to literally a consistent 30fps. As soon as the text box goes away, the filtering kicks in again and it's 60fps. Same goes with special screen effects - the texture filtering turns off and the framerate tanks. As soon as it's done, everything's fine.

And as far as the Vagrant Story FPS during battle, it seems that the framerate sis lumpy - it'll be unplayable for a few seconds, decent for a few seconds, fast for a few seconds, etc. There's nothing that happens to trigger the change in framerate either - I can be running in circles while an enemy just stands there.

same problem but I think the texture filtering turn off problem can't be easily fixed because this is the same even play in PC, I hope the slow down problem can be fixed soon, in some area the fps drop to 2FPS!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:55 am

Guys i just update the OpenGL plugin for MALI400, i did a lot of optimisations, the pach is now 20 lines of code. and on my MALI400 the speedup is impressive!

let me know the result on your Note, GSIII and GSII !!!

triplebug
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: GT-I9100

Postby triplebug » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:09 am

Image 1 looks ok, but top's trees starting appear on bottom.
(it keep blinking rapidly)

Image 2 when zoom out, "out of screen graphic" cover half of screen

Image 3, actual game play totally blocked by out of screen graphic

OffScreenDrawing is checked, if unchecked the graphic is messed up.
GT-i9100, ICS4.0.3
Please troubleshoot.

Edit - New plugin released, will try now and review.

triplebug
Fresh Fish

Postby triplebug » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:22 am

It now stuck when I press "Press Start to Enter", but able to access FPse setting & quit. :|

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Postby mirek190 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:46 am

I don't see any difference with new GPU plugin on my sgs 2.
I still have 29 fps on tekken 3.

triplebug
Fresh Fish

Postby triplebug » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:56 am

After reinstall, it able to bypass "Press Start to Enter" but graphic still messed up.
Also it stucks on "Press Start to Enter" again after I enable bios file.

Please troubleshoot...

Return to “News”