Fpse for Android News

ascendr
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Gingerbread 2.3.4

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby ascendr » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:26 am

After the new patch, the Xperia Play circle button STILL doesn't function properly. I've tried reinstalling, reassigning HW buttons, and other controller settings, but it's still wonky.

It appears that I can use the circle button ONCE, then all the controls become completely unresponsive until I press the Back button near the screen. After pressing Back, all controls work again until I press circle again.

FYI, I'm on Gingerbread 2.4.3 on an r800x.

I love FPSe, but I hope this problem can be solved soon! Thanks for your hard work!

Badingerz
Primary Device: Asus TF101
ROM: stock

Postby Badingerz » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 am

Playable but still crashes very often while playing in dual core, so still have to save my game frequently every minute though...

drgci
Primary Device: htc sensation
Operating System: android
ROM: cooked

Postby drgci » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:03 pm

schtruck please remove the licence certification its me killing me lol
I hate download pirate software to enable play normaly ! sorry for my English

tagus
ROM: Stock SE Xperia Play

Postby tagus » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:57 pm

drgci wrote:schtruck please remove the licence certification its me killing me lol
I hate download pirate software to enable play normaly ! sorry for my English

are you connected to the internet when fpse checks the licence? in my case I used wifi.
it should only need to do that once (after installing and maybe after each update?) but after that you shouldn't have any other problems and can play offline without any licence check problems.

Zaroff
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6

Postby Zaroff » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi all,

Not having the patience to go through the 400 pages of the topic, has someone found a way to actually save the parameters for "special screen size"? No matter how many times/ways I do it, they always reset to full screen (as in stretched in 16/9) and just don't seem to ever save at all.

Thx

P.S. running v. 0.11.28

Zaroff
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6

Postby Zaroff » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Tried that, to no avail. It seems no amount of tweaking will save those frigging parameters. Fiddling with the conf files didn't help either. Ah well.

tagus
ROM: Stock SE Xperia Play

Postby tagus » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:01 am

Zaroff wrote:Hi all,

Not having the patience to go through the 400 pages of the topic, has someone found a way to actually save the parameters for "special screen size"? No matter how many times/ways I do it, they always reset to full screen (as in stretched in 16/9) and just don't seem to ever save at all.

Thx

P.S. running v. 0.11.28

to save some options I usually check/uncheck the corresponding option, go back to the game, and immediately quit fpse and start it again. don't bother to open the options screen again before restarting fpse. going to the options menu after restarting should show the option checked/unchecked correctly. although there are a few that might not save depending on other conditions...

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:07 pm

I am really sorry to say that, schtruck, because I think you are a great developer, and FPse is great also. But all those updates have not improved FPse on my device, made it even worse. I tested all updates and I always have to downgrade back to 0.10.15 ... Especially the sound timing and quality got worse over those updates. 0.10.15 is the only version, where I can play Final Fantasy IX with good sound, although there is a bug that screws it up.

Schtruck, maybe you should try to collaborate with Robert Broglia http://www.explusalpha.com/ who has developed a good Engine for Android, iOS and WebOS.

mamaun
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: CM9

Postby mamaun » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

I wish I could play Final Fantasy IX on my Samsung Galaxy S with opengl plugin... :)

But i can't. Slow framerate and missing battle life stats :(

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Whats with FF7 on OpenGL? Battle animation freezes for 5 to 10 seconds. When battles happen every 20 steps this makes this game unplayable. Is this going to be fixed at some point? If i have frameskip on without frame limiter battles are quick, but i dont NEED frameskip. it runs full speed without it enabled.

Return to “News”