New to FPse, need help with file formats

Sparrow44
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Sensation XL
Operating System: Android
ROM: ?

New to FPse, need help with file formats

Postby Sparrow44 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 am

I've just purchased the FPse app for Android and tried to get it working on my device and I'm immediately hitting a block as when I'm asked to upload a BIOS file which I managed to download using another app I bought.

However when I initially downloaded this essential file it didn't ask me which location and folder to save it under, so when I try to launch FPse and I agree to find this BIOS file I'm swamped with a list of folder names which I don't recognize (app-cache, config, devlog etc.) so I don't know where I'm looking and if I click on any of these folders they're all empty and don't have anything for me to load.

I'm sort of new to smartphones and not tech-savvy enough to understand all the phone jargon, but I would really appreciate any help in getting this working on my phone. I've tried searching for helpful tutorials on the web but most of them are using different devices than I which looks completely different when I try and replicate those methods on my phone.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

devo
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Evo 4G
ROM: CyanogenMod 9

Re: New to FPse, need help with file formats

Postby devo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:48 am

I don't know where your application saved the BIOS too but, you'll need to find that out first. I'm assuming the application created a folder for itself on the SD Card. Select sdcard from the list of folders and search around.

Sparrow44
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Sensation XL
Operating System: Android
ROM: ?

Postby Sparrow44 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Ok well I managed to find the folders containing the BIOS file and where the .iso files containing the games are and have managed to get some of them running on FPse, however most of the ones I have tried just give me a black screen, no sound just after the Playstation 1 boot up screen.

I still don't know how to use save states on here, do I need to use a completely new file or is it something I should already have.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:45 am

depending of the game you are trying, but many times you need to set SPUSYNC to on from audio menu.

Return to “General Discussion”