Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:03 am

yes, slowdown happen on MALI400, on all others chipset like tegra 2/3 or SGX , no slowdown on this game and no crash, there is a limitation on MALI400 that cause those problems, have to find what.

jirka607
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 3D
Operating System: Android
ROM: Mwakious

Postby jirka607 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:14 am

Im now updating to .27 should i or shouldn´t i use the dynamic interpreter?
No luck both way lags idk why the game is Gran Turismo 2
Btw: i want to ask im playing FPSE on friends phone mines the exact same but i dont have a credit card so i have no paid apps but if i paid for the Winmo version can I use the license on the Android version of FPSE?

DrGonzo82
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Sensation 4G
Operating System: Android 4.0.3
ROM: Stock

Postby DrGonzo82 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:27 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, as I am still pretty new to the forums. I am having a problem loading my final fantasy 7 save states since I updated to the newest version earlier today. Tried using several different settings to try and fix but I keep getting the same problem. Load any save state and about 5 seconds in it crashes and exits the program. I am starting to get very frustrated since I'm over 15 hours into the game so far. Can somebody please let me know if they are having the same problem and know how to fix it please? Thanks to anybody who replies.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:29 am

jirka607 wrote:Im now updating to .27 should i or shouldn´t i use the dynamic interpreter?
No luck both way lags idk why the game is Gran Turismo 2
Btw: i want to ask im playing FPSE on friends phone mines the exact same but i dont have a credit card so i have no paid apps but if i paid for the Winmo version can I use the license on the Android version of FPSE?

If your device ain't a mali400mp gpu chip.
Its no need for dynamic interpreter that was just made for Mali eg galaxy s2-s3-note
Galaxy note 9 exynos

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:35 am

DrGonzo82 wrote:Not sure if this is the right place to post this, as I am still pretty new to the forums. I am having a problem loading my final fantasy 7 save states since I updated to the newest version earlier today. Tried using several different settings to try and fix but I keep getting the same problem. Load any save state and about 5 seconds in it crashes and exits the program. I am starting to get very frustrated since I'm over 15 hours into the game so far. Can somebody please let me know if they are having the same problem and know how to fix it please? Thanks to anybody who replies.

What gpu option was u using for save states. Software mode or opengl recompiler option.
I'm thinking if u was on recompiler opengl. To knock off dynamic interpreter restart fpse.
Load your game then save state and do a memory card save.
Then u can use software mode or interpreter opengl and then load off memorycard:-)
Galaxy note 9 exynos

User22
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S2

Postby User22 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:53 am

To Schtruck: Confirm, sgs2 with opengl loads roms like ff7 and re3 after settings reset but ff7 unplayable because it slow and crash with battle start. Anyway big thanks for big job like links and hope you'll find a hint how to make most games playable with mali400.

tagus
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock SE Xperia Play

Postby tagus » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:20 am

I'm still seeing garbage on the sides of the screen on my Xperia Play (opengl and qualcomm cpu) after updating.
Am I supposed to turn a specific option on or off?

Thanks.

FreeSpirit
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Operating System: Android 3.2
ROM: Stock

Postby FreeSpirit » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 am

Hi Schtruck,

My compliments for this update! I have a galaxy tab 7.7 and had to go through the Tekken Mali workaround every time to play a game. Now (with the instructions below) I have it running. It is slightly slower, with frame limiter I see no difference, I run the game at 60 FPS, but with frame limiter off I used to get ~110 and now ~70. I don't mind the difference since it is not noticeable.

I also tried creating a shortcut this worked some of the time... No worries though, I might still be doing something wrong and this is still a new feature.

Now about User22 who say dynaùic interpreter don't make opengl working on SII, try to run FPse then press BACK button twice at loader and clear your configuration from MISC menu. in this menu load OpenGL plugin too.

THen still in those menus go to SYSTEM option and select interpreter, then return to MISC menu and save config as default.

Now quit and retry , i'm sure that will work.

Player2
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Android Mid tablet PC

Postby Player2 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks for the latest update. Unfortunately I'm getting similar problems to DrGonzo82 how loading the save states crashes the app. After loading a saved state the game loads but without sound/music then the app crashes after about 10 seconds returning to the home screen. This is in software mode not openGL. This problem didn't occur on the previous version. The game I'm playing is Atlantis:The lost tales on an Android ICS mid tablet.

I guess a temporary workaround is to use the game's memory card manager if you're starting a new game like me.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 am

ok let me check what could cause such problem of problem while loading, i give you feedback in few minutes.

Return to “News”