Fpse for Android News

jirka607
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 3D
Operating System: Android
ROM: Mwakious

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby jirka607 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I want to ask how to create memory card i do as said when yim in a folder where i want it press back button but when i save game in gran turismo 2 it shows failed....

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:16 am

Any change to increase performance with next 0.11.27? I have a really low performance and sound is in "low-motion" too :(

I pursache this emulator for my new Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i (with stock rom + adrenaline engine until release any custom rom...)
But the performance is really bad with all games I tried :(

Thanks,
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

fanta2go
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note

Postby fanta2go » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:34 pm

I think the problem is not the emulator, its your handy.

its to weak for the emulator.

Emulator needs more power than the usual original psx and your handy is very cheap.

Handys where the emulator runs in full speed cost a lot of more money and they have better hardware.

I think the only way for you is to buy a better handy if you want play without lags.

anTaiG
Primary Device: SonyEricsson Xperia Play r800i
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Stock

Postby anTaiG » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Hey schtruck, I saw on the Xperia Play forums that you might consider releasing a touchpad enabled version for Gingerbread. First just to say how AWESOME that would actually be. ICS is not officially coming, and even though there are ICS custom roms you can't expect a lot of people switching to it in that manner.

So I just wanted to say that if you need a tester for the Play version, if you indeed plan to release it, count me in. I have a stock 2.3.4 Xperia Play so it's a good test sample.

Keep up the good work, can't wait for shortcuts :) Cheers!

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:42 pm

fanta2go wrote:I think the problem is not the emulator, its your handy.

its to weak for the emulator.

Emulator needs more power than the usual original psx and your handy is very cheap.

Handys where the emulator runs in full speed cost a lot of more money and they have better hardware.

I think the only way for you is to buy a better handy if you want play without lags.

So this emulator is only for very-high-end handys? :shock:

I bought this emulator because I read this is fast... then I guess I should ask for a refund and look for other emulator? because I already pursached and is useless (I don't find a "demo" or free version to check before) :(

Thanks for response,
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

anTaiG
Primary Device: SonyEricsson Xperia Play r800i
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Stock

Postby anTaiG » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:53 pm

icelaglace wrote:So this emulator is only for very-high-end handys? :shock:

I bought this emulator because I read this is fast... then I guess I should ask for a refund and look for other emulator? because I already pursached and is useless (I don't find a "demo" or free version to check before) :(

Thanks for response,

Not "very high end" since that would now be quad, or even more powerful dual core phones. This works rather well on 1+ Ghz phone models.

That said the Ace was a budget (mid range) phone when it was released, and that was a while ago. So yeah, it's rather weak for PSX emulation. There is no other PSX emulator on the level of FPse, so you might want to wait, as optimizations continue it might improve someday, but that is not a guarantee.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Cheers!

LeSScro
Primary Device: OneX
ROM: maXimus

Postby LeSScro » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 pm

I think this emulator in one of the best emulator on Store...
Always Schtruck manage this apps to solve compatibility problem and some others things... Since WinMo...

Then explain more your problem and Everybody will make your day better !!! :mrgreen:

sebasss
Primary Device: xperia arc
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby sebasss » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 pm

what are you talking about, i have a galaxy ace and runs fpse at 60 frames almost all the time... my iphone 3gs 600mhz with a not so much optimized emulator (psx4iphone) got 50 frames, fpse is much optimized and i can tell, that my galaxy ace and my xperia arc UC 800mhz runs psx games very smoothly... and are phone with very very old hardware

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:57 pm

icelaglace
My last phone htc hd2 (1000 mhz + adreno 200) runs fpse very fast, of course in software mode.So your galaxy ace (800 mhz + adreno 200) should works fine, but forget about open gl , I'm not sure but adreno 200 is to weak for open gl on hd2 (800 x 480) but maybe on ace (480 x 320) will be fine. Try to overclock cpu to 1 or 1,2 ghz and run emu in software mode, must be constant 50/60 fps depended by pal/ntsc

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks for responses

anTaiG wrote:Not "very high end" since that would now be quad, or even more powerful dual core phones. This works rather well on 1+ Ghz phone models.

That said the Ace was a budget (mid range) phone when it was released, and that was a while ago. So yeah, it's rather weak for PSX emulation. There is no other PSX emulator on the level of FPse, so you might want to wait, as optimizations continue it might improve someday, but that is not a guarantee.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Cheers!

Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i (832MHz and 290MB ram) is more fast than Ace GT-S5830 and yes, this is mid-range (where is the mostly people) so I think without OpenGL plugin I should get at least 50fps with crash bandicoot or metal gear solid, isn't? with colin mcrae 2.0 I got less than 15fps :o

sebasss wrote:what are you talking about, i have a galaxy ace and runs fpse at 60 frames almost all the time... my iphone 3gs 600mhz with a not so much optimized emulator (psx4iphone) got 50 frames, fpse is much optimized and i can tell, that my galaxy ace and my xperia arc UC 800mhz runs psx games very smoothly... and are phone with very very old hardware

What games do you run at 60fps?
I tried with Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3, Metal Gear Solid, Driver 1 and 2, Crash Team Racing, Colin McRae Rally 1 and 2.0, and some others.... and never I see more than 40fps with any game :S

Return to “News”