Fpse for Android News

Hagane023
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Jxd s601
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Hagane023 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:47 pm

I'd just like to add another bug, that i've reported in the specific games list.
The game is Legend of Dragoon (pal converted using cdrwin) disc 3
Using JXD S601 (850mhz custom (Also used HTC wildfire s to make sure it wasn't just the JXD)
Basically what is happening is i am getting to certain parts of the game and when I enter a new screen(Or at one point i a new part of a cutscene) and the music carries on but the screen just goes black. Framerate changes from 51 -50 and backup again. I've changed bios (Solved this issue on disc 2) and altered some settings but still no joy now. I have backed up several points on save states where this occurs which I can pm if you want(If you would like some other info let me know).
The only way i can progress is by using the memory card save and using espsx1.7.0.
The strange thing is disc 1 had no problems, disc 2 had 2 areas that had problems and disc 3 it just keeps on happening. Now stuck at the end of disc 3. Another issue i have had, but haven't checked since the last update is the music slowly increases(even with spusync)when carrying on from changing disc and the savestates go crazy and loose sound after loading one, but if i get to a savepoint and load from there all is well again(Loaded not using savestate)

Many thanks in advance, an absolutely amazing emulator BTW. :)

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Wed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm

BBXiong wrote:
Mr_President wrote:
DBL wrote:
I had the similar problem. It seems to happen to me only when I have the Asus stock keyboard as my default. I changed my default keyboard to smart keyboard pro and my issues went away.

Aha! Thanks for that info :). Ye I'm using the stock keyboard. Gonna have to try with another one then. But I hope Schtruck can fix this since far from everyone uses 3rd party keyboards.

how about trying to use the android default keyboard(not the asus one) and bind the keys again? works for me :)
however mine is a Asus TF101, but I think should work for the Prime as well.
(last time when i used Asus keyboard i got the same problem where only arrow keys worked only too)

Thank you! That fixed it :mrgreen:. I changed to the native Android keyboard and suddenly I had no problem binding the keys :).
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:41 pm

games depends you CPU speed to emulate, of course it will drop fps when the CPU mhz drops.
solution: use interactive CPU governer, or use dual core mode. Even at my Transformer, when i clock it to 1.6Ghz, it runs all the game smoothly, but with stock 1.0Ghz, some games just aren't that smooth anymore

I know, but frequency is changing without reason, I don't know why my cpu slow down 10 times per minute ... And second thing, I have stock rom without root (I'm waiting for official ICS) so I can't change cpu frequency, anyone with Galaxy Note have this problem ? This is very visible on tekken 3, it runs over 55 fps when cpu got 1400mhz but fps drop to 30 when cpu frequency drop to 800, easy way to check this is use cooltool from market.

DBL
Primary Device: G2x
ROM: Phoenix blood 2.1

Postby DBL » Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Thank you! That fixed it :mrgreen:. I changed to the native Android keyboard and suddenly I had no problem binding the keys :).[/quote]

No problem glad I can help.

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:19 pm

gregory85 wrote:
games depends you CPU speed to emulate, of course it will drop fps when the CPU mhz drops.
solution: use interactive CPU governer, or use dual core mode. Even at my Transformer, when i clock it to 1.6Ghz, it runs all the game smoothly, but with stock 1.0Ghz, some games just aren't that smooth anymore

I know, but frequency is changing without reason, I don't know why my cpu slow down 10 times per minute ... And second thing, I have stock rom without root (I'm waiting for official ICS) so I can't change cpu frequency, anyone with Galaxy Note have this problem ? This is very visible on tekken 3, it runs over 55 fps when cpu got 1400mhz but fps drop to 30 when cpu frequency drop to 800, easy way to check this is use cooltool from market.

Have you enabled the frame limiter or the new frame limiter? The new frame limiter works much better than the old one.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

AFX
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android
ROM: Original. Gingerbread

Postby AFX » Thu May 03, 2012 6:22 pm

rumsey wrote:Final Fantasy IX Item Scroller + More

Below I've attached an Item Scroller for Final Fantasy IX. What this means is you can open up your item inventory and hit L2 or R2 to change the currently selected item. R2 will move it up one value and L2 will move it down. Using this you can easily create any of the unique or missable items you passed on a disc and would otherwise never have the chance to get again - including rare items like Ultima Weapon, Excalibur, Ragnarok, Excalibur II, etc. Here's how to use it:

[*] Extract archive to the ISO folder on your sd card
[*] Load up FF9 and load either your save or save state
[*] Move around for a second
[*] Press MENU then EJECT
[*] Select codebreaker.bin (from the archive you extracted)
[*] Press MENU then SYSTEM and change memory card 2 to cheats.mcd (from the archive)
[*] Press BACK until you return to the game
[*] Press MENU then POWER then RESTART
[*] Wait for Codebreaker menu to load completely
[*] Go to Select Cheats then press RIGHT on the blue Final Fantasy IX
[*] Scroll down to Item Roller L2&R2 and press X, then scroll to parts 2-7 and press X to activate them as well
[*] Press START then move up to START GAME and press X
[*] It will prompt you to INSERT THE GAME DISC
[*] Press MENU then press EJECT
[*] Select your FF9 disc (1/2/3/4)
[*] You will see a BLACK SCREEN, this is normal simply press where X should be
[*] You will see a message GAME IS LOADING
[*] Load your FF9 save file and NOT YOUR SAVESTATE!!! (if you load a save state, the cheat will be gone)
[*] Press TRIANGLE and go in to your ITEM menu
[*] Press L2 and R2 to change the selected item up and down
[*] Hold SQUARE and press L2 and R2 to change the quantity of selected item
[*] See http://pastebin.com/qqBzYwYT for a full list of the items in order, to help you get whatever you want

That's it. There are other cheats for FF9 in there as well as you will see. There is only one you need to be careful with - If you enable Quina All Abilities then Quina will learn all her blue mage spells she normally has to eat to learn... however she will no longer be able to equip her magic stones. There is an easy fix for this though - start the game with the Quina cheat enabled, making sure to load a save where Quina is in your party. Check that she has all her abilities, then use a Moogle to save the game again. Reload the cheat disc and enable ONLY the cheat "Enable Equip", then start the game. Quina can now use all her abilities and equips normally again. You must have this code active at all times to change her magic stones.

Any save states you make while these cheats are active will activate the cheats again when you load them. In other words you only need to do the instructions above for Item Roller or Equip Enable once then you can save state for all your saves. Even if you completely reset your phone or the emulator, as long as you are loading from a save state where the cheats were active, the cheats will still work. If you load from the Memory Card then the cheats will be disabled.

Any questions, just ask.

Also there are cheats here for almost ANY playstation game so feel free to download the archive and follow the instruction even if you don't have Final Fantasy IX.

I tried this. But the codebreaker.bin only shows the playstation logo, and then hangs. Black screen. Can anyone else try this?
I WANT FF9 CHEATS goddamnit;) Thnx

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Have you enabled the frame limiter or the new frame limiter? The new frame limiter works much better than the old one.

The same situation on both, even without framelimiter. I try a lot of combination but always was the same result.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu May 03, 2012 10:51 pm

good news, i was working on Cpu Core numbers autodetection and specific parameters to it, and found that my current tunning for Multi COre was completely wrong even on one core.... i'm talking in software more, and finally i got a very fast result in monocore mode on many cores devices. and obtained far smoother result when multi core is set. I have changed one thing, only one option will be available in system fo that, it's to force to monocore. like that if on Many cores devices you search for very sooth animation, just set force monocore options, or by default , in muti core mode, you'll get something extremely fast and not perfectly smooth animation but not stuttered like actually.

kwan728
Primary Device: galaxy npte
Operating System: androod 2.3.6

Postby kwan728 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:07 am

thefitz wrote:
kwan728 wrote:Bug report:
game: dragon warrior7
device: galaxy note

in the game When someone join the party, the game will crash, I thing it is not really crash because the fps is still running and I can save or load state normally, but it just stoped.

I'm playing this game, and when Kiefer first joined me at the beginning, it did "freeze" for a minute, but then it went back to normal. How long have you tried waiting?

Kiefer can join too when I play, but if more than two people in the party the game will freeze , did u play it until the girl join the party?

leon22heart
Primary Device: sony xperia neo with cm9
Operating System: android 4.0.4 cm9
ROM: fxp hallon cm9

Postby leon22heart » Fri May 04, 2012 5:47 am

Hello to all .I bought fpse quite a little ago and im posting here to report my only problem (not for games emu the ones i have are perfect). The problem i have is with the activation .If i am correct to activate fpse you have to be online with the same account on google play that you made the purchase .The problem is that when i am online i can play fine but when i m off i have license verification problem .This problem exists from the start but has not bothered me since i use the fpse cracked (too lazy to verify after each update ). The the last .20-.22 version cant be cracked so i decided to report the problem that maybe it can be solved . I will not say how i crack it or find it cracked (think is illegal) .I m using xperia neo with cm7.2 version 116 . Btw as i said in my review excellent job

Return to “News”