Multi-Disc games--eject help

shnmcprtln
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Stratosphere
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy IX (Disc 2)

Multi-Disc games--eject help

Postby shnmcprtln » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm a little frusturated. I was having a great time playing Final Fantasy 9 until a little while ago, when I finished disc 1. So, I'm playing disc one and it tells me to switch to disc 2. And I try using the eject function, but it doesn't seem to do anything. So I essentially can't switch to disc 2. Also, the disc 2 rom, even though it's a .bin file, will not load. This makes me think the rom might be faulty, but the eject function should work regardless. Can anyone offer me some help or insight?

Chinvo
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone

Re: Multi-Disc games--eject help

Postby Chinvo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:56 pm

i share the same problem on my sony NeoV on android 4.0.

the eject function is not working!!

Magnumutz
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby Magnumutz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:32 pm

I got the same problem, what do we do?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:57 pm

can you tell me the extension of your game files please?

MonkeyVomit
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: Android ICS 4.0.3

Postby MonkeyVomit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:10 pm

schtruck wrote:can you tell me the extension of your game files please?

For me they have almost all been run through PocketISO, so they end in .Z (with companion files ending in .Z.table). But the base image files are all .IMG, .BIN, and ISO. I would say that 80% are IMG, 19% are BIN, and 1% are ISO. But they all end in .Z because they are all run through PocketISO per the emulator FAQs.

EDIT: I would like to point out that I can mount and RUN these images as games no problem at all. It is the actual eject function that is broken, not FPse working with the images themselves.

I actually posted about this in the Game-Specific section because this little bug also completely breaks Monster Rancher 2, which requires disk changing and ejecting and remounting as a core gameplay mechanic.

I am happy to try any tests if it would help. To start with I think I am going to try and test with images that have not been run through PocketISO. I will post back here if it works, but I think that a lot of people use PocketISO because of the HUGE space savings.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 pm

the fact is that .Z is handled by one plugin, and all other format are handled by our last plugin. i have to finish .Z support for new plugin.

So actually, that's true that eject function don't work well with .Z. if you can, try with .bin to see if change disc works. but for me all my tries succeed in .bin, .iso and .pbp.

MonkeyVomit

Postby MonkeyVomit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks. I will give that a shot. Although I do hope that .Z support shows up soon just because I already have a 32GB microSD filled with images. LOL. Monster Rancher 2 is a stern mistress that DEMANDS MORE ISOs! LOL. PocketISO's .Z format REALLY helps.

But you know what? I just love that you are around this much to offer support. Your program was literally my first Google Android purchase, and it rekindled my love for the old PSX games. Thanks for the app, the support, and the continued work to make it better. Looking forward to the new release :)

Chinvo
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone

Postby Chinvo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:07 pm

the extension of mine is .img

MonkeyVomit

Postby MonkeyVomit » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:14 pm

schtruck wrote:the fact is that .Z is handled by one plugin, and all other format are handled by our last plugin. i have to finish .Z support for new plugin.

So actually, that's true that eject function don't work well with .Z. if you can, try with .bin to see if change disc works. but for me all my tries succeed in .bin, .iso and .pbp.

Ok, I tried your solution and it does not work. I just used NON-converted BIN and IMG files that were never run through PocketISO at all. I launch Monster Rancher 2. It asks me to enter a CD at the shrine. I go to the FPse menu, hit eject, choose my new BIN file (in this case, Ace Combat 3), then return to the game and hit X. The game tells me that I have just entered the Monster Rancher 2 disk, and asks if this is what I really want. It completely does not recognize that any eject has taken place.

I can LAUNCH Ace Combat 3 no problem at all, but the eject function appears to be completely broken.

So I upgraded to Android 4.0. (ICS) It just became available for the Galaxy S2 in Switzerland this week, so I decided to see if that would help. Same problem: Eject does not work. It fails in D, Galerians, Parasite Eve 2, and most importantly for me...Monster Rancher 2.

I tried it an another device with the same results. The eject feature is not functioning as far as I can tell in Android when it comes to IN-GAME CD switches. For rebooting or loading a whole different game it is fine, but for switching to the next disk in a series or playing games like MR, it is broken. Right now I can not seem to play ANY game that uses more than one disk, and that is a lot of games.

Any suggestions or tests I can run? A few days ago before my FPse updated I could run every game I wanted. Now half the games I own are useless because of this. I am open to any ideas. Thanks!

EDIT: Is there any way to download and install the previous version of FPse for Android until this problem is resolved? I would just love to be able to play my games again. Thanks!

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 pm

hmm i have to check that then.

Return to “General Discussion”