Fpse for Android News

Clouds
Primary Device: DesireHD

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Clouds » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 am

Thx for the new update :)

I guess i give up on FF IX in gpu mode and just play it in software with filter. There was a version a while ago that was good. Then there was a change to texture filter because of the black borders and now the texture filter pretty much doesnt work anymore with FF IX. I can only chose if polygons get rendered, but the backgrounds stay unfiltered.
Plus i have hard fps issues in some scenes like the world map (down to 33fps). So yeah :) other games like THPS2 run perfect and look great btw.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:54 pm

Next update will include phonejoy fix and new ISO Detection to support automatically 2048 and 2352 bytes/sector.

phillipsteak
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby phillipsteak » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 pm

So after assigning the circle button with the newest version(s), I have no idea how to access the menu. I know the menu button was disabled in a previous update, so is there any way to access it on an Xperia play (On ICS)?

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:52 pm

phillipsteak wrote:So after assigning the circle button with the newest version(s), I have no idea how to access the menu. I know the menu button was disabled in a previous update, so is there any way to access it on an Xperia play (On ICS)?

I think you are supposed to hit the back button when you have ICS to make the menu appear.

phillipsteak
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Play

Postby phillipsteak » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:56 pm

gamerguy80 wrote:
I think you are supposed to hit the back button when you have ICS to make the menu appear.

Scratch that, I can make the menu appear, I just can't assign the circle button no matter what. If tried assigning it many times, but no matter what, the button always opens the menu :/

Edit: I've decided to revert to 0.11.15, as that is working for me. No menu button enabled screws up the key bindings for me

class1k
Primary Device: Asus Transformer TF101
Operating System: Android 4.0 ICS
ROM: Stock

Postby class1k » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:07 am

Many thanks go out to schtruck for continuing to work with the community to make this app awesome! I'm having an issue about 3 minutes into megaman legends my graphics seem to freeze but the game is still playing. I have to force close as a restart only yields a black screen. This happens consistently on every game I have tried so far. Opengl mode is hardly playable (it was), and as such I use the software mode with hardware acceleration on and is the only mode I can use. I use an Asus Transformer TF101 with a Phonejoy. Any ideas are welcome as this is a head scratcher. :D.

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:24 am

I also have a TF101 but so far all my games works fine. I tried FF8, FF9, Vagrant Story, Alundra, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Resident Evil 3 and Tomb Raider 1.
I use OpenGL mode with a Sixaxis pad.

Give us some details on your other games and your settings.

PS : all games are working at full speed in opengl, excepted Soul Reaver which I tried only a few minutes.

Xandrex
Primary Device: Hp Touchpad
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogenmod 9 nightly

Postby Xandrex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:18 am

Hey everyone, first of all great job on the development of this fantastic emulator.

I have a question concerning the use of a sixaxis controller. I'm using sixaxis app to connect my sixaxis to my HP Touchpad and in Fpse I select one of the two available profiles under bluetooth pad. My controller type is set to analog.

When playing Ape Escape, which requires dual-shock support, everything works amazingly well, however when using the d-pad, it either keeps registering the button press even when the button is released, or it doesn't register the press at all. This does not happen when I disable the use of a bluetooth profile (and thus disabling the dual shock support).

Can anyone help me with this issue as I would like to always use the controller in dual shock mode.

Thanks in advance,

Xan

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Xandrex wrote:Hey everyone, first of all great job on the development of this fantastic emulator.

I have a question concerning the use of a sixaxis controller. I'm using sixaxis app to connect my sixaxis to my HP Touchpad and in Fpse I select one of the two available profiles under bluetooth pad. My controller type is set to analog.

When playing Ape Escape, which requires dual-shock support, everything works amazingly well, however when using the d-pad, it either keeps registering the button press even when the button is released, or it doesn't register the press at all. This does not happen when I disable the use of a bluetooth profile (and thus disabling the dual shock support).

Can anyone help me with this issue as I would like to always use the controller in dual shock mode.

Thanks in advance,

Xan

I also noticed this and opened a thread here that may be related:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2898

Schtruck said he will fix it soon (maybe).

daneren2005
Primary Device: Atrix 4G
Operating System: Android 2.3.5

Postby daneren2005 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Has anyone here used FPSe with a HTC One S? I want to get the One X when it comes out on ATT and it uses the same SoC so I am curious whether it works/how well it works.

Return to “News”