mecce
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Galaxy S2 OpenGL plugin problem

Postby mecce » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi, new to this forum.

Having purchased FPSE and played FF9 for a while using the software renderer, I decided to try the OpenGL plugin.
However, I keep getting a black screen (with the fps counter) and then back to the "select ISO to load" screen.

I've done it over and over again, select FF9 disk 1 (img format), get a black screen with fps counter and buttons displayed, then back to "select ISO to load" screen.

Please help me, I'm not aware that the OpenGL plugin is incompatible with Galaxy S2 so what am I doing wrong?
Unfortunately I've only tried FF9 so far, don't have any other games to try.

Software renderer runs fine without any issues.

Many thanks!

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Re: Galaxy S2 OpenGL plugin problem

Postby storm20200 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:19 pm

I think Schtruck said the Samsung drivers cause Fpse to crash on opengl mode. To get around this you have to follow these steps:
1. Load the OpenGL plugin, quit and load Fpse again.
2. Open settings before Fpse crashes > MISC > Load BIOS > Press the back button, this forces no BIOS to be loaded.
3. Open Tekken 3 (Without BIOS), enter arcade mode, select any fight and let the battle load.
4. Once you are able to fight open settings > MISC > Load BIOS > select your scph1001.bin.
5. Press Eject and select any game you desire, click quit > restart when finished.
6. Every game will load with OpenGL working, repeat step 5 when you want to play a different game.
This is for any phone that uses a Mali-400 gpu, galaxy s 2 and galaxy note included.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

mecce
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
ROM: Stock

Postby mecce » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks,
that does indeed get it working but it's such a long winded process. But thanks anyway.

hungsterx
Primary Device: Sonyericsson Arc S
ROM: FF8

Postby hungsterx » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 pm

My opengl works or at least at seems to, but I didn't need to do all these steps with my Sony Ericsson phone or Sony. But what I am frustrated about is why is there black lines around all the sprites and objects?? Or am I the only one experience this?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:20 pm

hungsterx wrote:My opengl works or at least at seems to, but I didn't need to do all these steps with my Sony Ericsson phone or Sony. But what I am frustrated about is why is there black lines around all the sprites and objects?? Or am I the only one experience this?

Everyone appears to suffer from that. A bug I assume, nothing to do but hope it is fixed.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

emrullah.kilic
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Win 7

Postby emrullah.kilic » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:37 pm

storm20200 wrote:
I think Schtruck said the Samsung drivers cause Fpse to crash on opengl mode. To get around this you have to follow these steps:
1. Load the OpenGL plugin, quit and load Fpse again.
2. Open settings before Fpse crashes > MISC > Load BIOS > Press the back button, this forces no BIOS to be loaded.
3. Open Tekken 3 (Without BIOS), enter arcade mode, select any fight and let the battle load.
4. Once you are able to fight open settings > MISC > Load BIOS > select your scph1001.bin.
5. Press Eject and select any game you desire, click quit > restart when finished.
6. Every game will load with OpenGL working, repeat step 5 when you want to play a different game.
This is for any phone that uses a Mali-400 gpu, galaxy s 2 and galaxy note included.

Hi storm,

I followed these steps, but by following to get started ff7 with opengl I have no chance on step 3: "Open Tekken [ff7] (without bios)". It is not possible to open ff7 without bios. Fpse is always saying:
"!Press a key! Bios is recommended to use savestates and make fpse running better. Dou want to load a bios file now?". If I press the NO-Button, the same question come again and again (circle).

Can you help me, please?

Thanks and kind regards

emrullah.kilic
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Win 7

Postby emrullah.kilic » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:08 am

Hi again,

:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqxnAYfVYog

Problem is solved! tekken 3 is just for the trick. Not an example ^^. Now I got it!

Return to “General Discussion”