Chrono Cross

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
doubleJ
Primary Device: Samsung Omnia i910
Operating System: 6.1
ROM: dc22

Re: Chrono Cross

Postby doubleJ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Using the 11/18/2010 supporter version, the game is crashing during gameplay.
After using the first teleporter, they walk to a big door and then the colors go weird and fpsece closes.
At first playing, I wasn't using any special settings.
After it crashed, I tried Odd_Even_Fix=1 and it crashed right away.
I set that back to 0 and tried the Flags0=20 and it crashed right away.
I added Patch=128 and it didn't crash right away, but did crash at the door, again.
omnia i910/wm6.1/gfxdrv=4/overclock button in landscape pad/2 frameskip
I set a savestate right before the door, but it crashes every time I load it.
I wish games let you save at any time.
Hehehe...
I have to play back through to see if it's a problem with fs, overclock, or gfxdrv.
JJ

Edit...
Yep, it must have been overclock or frameskip. I did a savestate with both off and loading worked just fine.
JJ

Edit2...
Other times when it crashed, the phone started vibrating (I thought maybe the dude was knocking on the door) and then it crashed. Without fs/overclock, the phone doesn't vibrate when going to the door, but the game hangs. Note the fpsece doesn't crash, though. The game just becomes unresponsive. This is still using gfxdrv=4.
JJ

Edit3...
Well, I was able to load the savestate in various gfxdrv modes and gdi was the only one that would let me pass through the door part.
It was really strange. gapi/lfb/directx would just sit there. direct3d crashed fpsece when I tried to start fpsece (that never happened before the newest version, I don't think).
I was able to get past and to a save point, though.
JJ

glenzariczny
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: T-Mobile HTC G2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Chrono Cross

Postby glenzariczny » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey guys, just got FPse for Android yesterday, and its running Chrono Cross fine, except everytime I get to a cutscene the sound goes out. Does anyone know what might be causing this glitch?

Moog
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Raider/Vivid
Operating System: Android
ROM: Sense 3.0 stock

Postby Moog » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi Everyone, when I try and start a new game, where I should be selecting if I want vibration on or off, half the screen appears on the opposite side, and appears pixelated. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this?

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Thank you in advance.
Attachments
2011-11-15_08-26-22.jpg
2011-11-15_08-26-22.jpg (557.93 KiB) Viewed 22280 times

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Can not continue with Chrono Cross.. The game when I try to change to status screen goes totally black and pretty much locks up. This happens even in bios mode only. I really want to continue with this game but I'm at the section where I have to change order of party to continue on but can not because screen goes black and all I hear is music and no video and can not exit status screen so have to force game to quit.

DiVinE7
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy S Blaze 4G
Operating System: Android 2.3.6
ROM: Rooted Stock Rom

Postby DiVinE7 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:40 pm

So i had just bought fpse a couple days ago, and was trying to play chrono cross, i left a review on the playstore hoping i would get an answer from the DEV but i guess not, must be busy or something who knows....Anyways the game runs great a perfect 60FPS on my galaxy s blaze but...ill hit triangle and the menu screen comes up, but as soon as i go into the status screen it freezes and stays on a black screen and the music stops playing? Ive tried the gamelist.ini fix, ive tried the odd even fix, nothing seems to work, i even had someone tell me to turn off spusync before the game starts then turn it back on after the game is loaded that still didnt work, tried mono core, dual core, different settings in video, nothing seems to work to fix this problem....Any ideas? Anyone?

helgi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Thinkpad Tablet
Operating System: Android
ROM: Chrono Cross

Postby helgi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:18 pm

I am running a Thinkpad Tablet with ICS and the current market build of FPSE.

Chrono Cross works perfectly graphics wise but there is absolutely no sound ever. I've noticed some people have had problems with the sound going out during cutscenes, this is not that issue. There is no sound at all.

I have tried switching spusync on and off and playing around with almost every possible setting (both software gpu and openGL). I can't get it to work.

The ROM works fine with on my laptop using pcxsr for linux and other ROMs work fine with sound on FPSE on my tablet.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Edit: Never mind. I was being silly. I had accidentally moved the BIOS file while doing some configuring and forgot to move it.

But, in the spirit of helping with the development of this thing. Out of Chrono Cross, FF7, Star Ocean 2 and Xenogears, only Xenogears had working sound without a BIOS.

jetb88
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android ICS

Postby jetb88 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Bought fpse on google play about a month ago and have been playing resident evil with no problems whatsoever, but i've run into a couple of issues when trying to play chrono cross.

Firstly there is no sound during the cutscenes - not a big deal but would be nice if there was an easy fix or something. Sound works fine elsewhere.

Secondly, and more importantly, every time i go into the status menu the game screen goes black and freezes on me, which kinda sucks. The game seems to work fine otherwise, but that status bug is a bit of a killer. A few other people have reported the same bug, but i haven't seen a solution. Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

shadowmoose
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: T-mobile Galaxy S2
ROM: ICS

Postby shadowmoose » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:35 am

I have been playing Chrono Cross and have sound working for the cutscenes and everything. You need to have spusync enabled for it to work. If you use save/load states however, sometimes there isn't any sound. To have sound reliably, I would let the game boot up and manually load the game from the memory card.

I also have noticed the problem with the black screen upon checking the status menu. If that could be fixed, that would be awesome.

Also, does anyone know what the best opengl settings for chronocross are?

jetb88
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s2
Operating System: android ICS

Postby jetb88 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Ok, just as a quick update, I tried the spusync and that worked so thx for that. Music lags/jumps a bit now and then, but I wasn't expecting perfection on an emulator. Just happy to have the full cutscene working.

Now, if only someone could solve the black screen freeze on the status menu.

@shadowmoose, does cc really need opengl? Graphics are pretty good already so i'd rather go with stable fps than slight improvement for 3d models. There are plenty of final fantasy opengl guides though so maybe you could try one of them since its all squaresoft, although I guess each game would respond differently to the settings. Sry I couldn't help more.

justining89
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: lg cenect
Operating System: android
ROM: fpse

Chrono Cross

Postby justining89 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi I've go a 4g lg cenect and I've been wanting to play chrono cross hecka badly but it gets through the regular sony screen to the ps simbol but don't load the gam it stays on playstation. logo and no game plz help realy want to play :(

Return to “Game-Specific Help”