View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341 ... 625  Next
 Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback 
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock
Post Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback
Anyone else have any experience with FF9 and the OpenGL plugin?
It seems to be extremely slow with missing graphical elements (on Galaxy S2).
Apprecite if anyone has any settings they can share...

Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:10 am
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: Droid 3
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock
schtruck wrote:
about SGX540 slowdown it's surely related to drivers, and i think that's the same for Andreno 220.

Peopgpuopengl plugin use much memory and try to allocated up to 256 textures progressively. Perhaps the driver is limited in term of memory allocable.

Does this mean that there's a potential fix for it coming in the future, or even a way for us to change our drivers?

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:35 am

Primary Device: DROID3
Rellen wrote:
schtruck wrote:
about SGX540 slowdown it's surely related to drivers, and i think that's the same for Andreno 220.

Peopgpuopengl plugin use much memory and try to allocated up to 256 textures progressively. Perhaps the driver is limited in term of memory allocable.

Does this mean that there's a potential fix for it coming in the future, or even a way for us to change our drivers?

I have the same problem with my droid 3 and i realized that if you set AntiAliasing ON you get a lot more FPS than without (twice more) but it's still not enough.. Maybe schtruck can do something about it.

P.D.: I forgot... with AntiAliasing OFF i have few errors like missing or wrong colors (specialy with black/white places)

Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 am

Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3
Can't talk about the droid 3, but I can speak for the Galaxy S (1), as I'm a kernel developer for this phone (it should apply to the Nexus S as well). I'm only talking about the S-AMOLED equipped models.

Slowdowns are linked to how the screen refresh rate works (and not directly to the GPU drivers). The screen is capped at 60 Hz (resulting in ~56FPS). It can be pushed to a maximum of 68Hz by kernel modifications (resulting in ~65FPS). The problem is that the Vsync will limit the rendered FPS at some "steps".

If you can't maintain the maximum FPS the screen can display it'll lock to a lower step, generally observed is half the refresh rate, so ~28 FPS @ 56Hz.

Obviously, moving from 56 to 28 FPS will result in a big slowdown.

All this is still a bit dark for me (and others SGS developers), as some apps are sometime able to trigger some other steps, like 46, 41, and 32 FPS. It could very well be a framerate reading error though (for example if it's switching consistently and the output is an average). We are all okay with the fact that it comes from the screen. It's partially proven by these "steps" changing when the screen is uncapped to 65FPS instead of 56.

Hope it helps/clear confusion about the slowdowns on the Galaxy S/Nexus S (S-AMOLED).

Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:37 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0
Got a Transformer Prime and the performance isn't much above my cell phone.. which is an EVO 3D.. Sound is a bit better. Also video when opening.

Now will we get analog support for our Phonejoy's? Right now it's all hardware mapping so no analog support. The video also tends to flicker when opening up menus with the Opengl Plugin.. hope we see an updated plugin soon as well as a new version of FPSE as the 0.11.14 crashes too much.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:20 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Fresh Fish

Primary Device: HTC Incredible S
Operating System: Android 2.2
HTC Incredible S, Android 2.2, 0.11.4, screenfiltering don't work. Fastdraw is enable. 0.10 worked correctly.

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:11 am

Primary Device: xperia arc
Operating System: android
ROM: stock
in software mode playing digimon world 2 the battles stop refreshing the screen if any of the frameskips is enbale, can you do something sthruck?

Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 am

Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock
in software mode when playing breath of fire 3 and using a heal item or heal spell some characters disappear and the whole background and menus go black. I checked the game specific thread and this issue still has not been resolved. could you look into this schtruck. please and thank you.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:43 pm
Enthusiast

Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0
Can not continue with Chrono Cross.. The game when I try to change to status screen goes totally black and pretty much locks up. This happens even in bios mode only. Any ideas to fix this?

Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:14 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Site Admin

Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66
i'm back,

I've updated my dev machine with last Google SDK. i have compiled FPse with last Android library, that will let me adding interresting stuff that are available in Honneycomb and ICS.

I have started to add a new option for software mode to Force Hardware acceleration on ICS. that should give boost on ICS Tablets and phones.

now i'm adding Native PAD support available on ICS, that should make Xperia play Analog Pad working (when official ICS rom will be released) and should support natively Analog stick on USB And BT pads.

To my surprise i have updated my old HD2 with ICS , it's very stable and Fast and GPU acceleration works. to my surprise FPse work very well, and in OpenGL mode with Frameskip plenty of games are very playable. still a very good machine now with ICS....

Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 335, 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341 ... 625  Next