Fpse for Android News

sas.69
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby sas.69 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi everyone :)

I just wanted to give my feedback for the last version on the market.
I'm very, very thankfull to Schtruck and LDchen for their efforts. Thanks guys!

I'm playing Resident Evil 1 and I noticed an inprovement in the game.
For the previous releases there were some black lines crossing the screen from the top to the bottom.
In this release they are showing only for a fraction of the seccond usually when an animanion finishes.

The game looks wonderfull, full speed with framelimiter because without it the frames goes way up :D

I also tried Need For Speed Pourche and the results are wonderfull. For this game I had to remove the
frame limiters because the frames was too low and without them the game reached 60 - 70 fps which is great :)

I also tested the new video options for OpenGL and the result was great.

These two games are very playable on my device which is SGS2 I9100.

Schtruck & LDchen thank you once again and keep up the good work :)

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:17 pm

I use CoolTool to display the CPU usage and frequency (you can see the graph on both screenshots).
I tested this tool with different software to be sure it's working well : qadrant, Dice video player, twitter (it uses more CPU than FPSE!!!).

My ROM have an included overclocking tool (also tested with applications listed above) and if I set the max frequency to 1600Mhz (normal value is 1200) with "performance" governor, its the same.

The max load is never reached.

daneren2005
Primary Device: Atrix 4G
Operating System: Android 2.3.5

Postby daneren2005 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Uddasa wrote:Hi everyone,
I recently acquired FPSE and even with the last updates it is still not working well on my Transformer.
The application seems to never use the full processor :
-in Software mode if I turn Fastdraw + Screen Filtering on, the FPS are at 40 everytime and the processor is at 65%.
It is like if there's a FPS cap at 40. Weird.

-In OpenGL mode it is a bit different : FPS are at 42 average (not capped at 40), sometimes it goes to full FPS or more (especially in battles), but processor still at 40% average max.

I tried turning Dual Core Mode on (even if everyone says it is useless), also thread priority and Boost Mode, but nothing seems to work.

I know that other applications are using 100% of my CPU, so I don't understand why FPSE doesn't.

(The game I'm currently playing is FF8)

Am I missing something?
Does someone has encountered the same issue?
Is it a known bug in FPSE?

Thanks everyone ;)

Edit : fixed percentages.

I don't have a screenshot app on my phone so I couldn't take an example so I'll use these screenshots to illustrate what I mean since I am getting many of the same artifacts on my phone on FF9. Notice how although the characters are higher quality the environment actually seems significantly worse? Its almost like openGL is taking all of the scenes and running them through a cartoon renderer. Some of it just looks like AA artifacts, but a lot of it looks cartoony for some reason (more pronounced on FF9 then it appears in these pictures). While a lot of the character artifacts are weird looking, this wrongness of the background has been what is keeping me from using the openGL plugin since it just looks so wrong. Is there a option that should fix this or would it be up for a future fix?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 pm

daneren2005 wrote:I don't have a screenshot app on my phone so I couldn't take an example so I'll use these screenshots to illustrate what I mean since I am getting many of the same artifacts on my phone on FF9. Notice how although the characters are higher quality the environment actually seems significantly worse? Its almost like openGL is taking all of the scenes and running them through a cartoon renderer. Some of it just looks like AA artifacts, but a lot of it looks cartoony for some reason (more pronounced on FF9 then it appears in these pictures). While a lot of the character artifacts are weird looking, this wrongness of the background has been what is keeping me from using the openGL plugin since it just looks so wrong. Is there a option that should fix this or would it be up for a future fix?

From what I've noticed all 2D textures are like that, I can understand why it might bother you but I find myself too busy drooling over the pretty 3D textures to bother myself with visible 2D borders. I can't seem to find an option that fixes it so for now I think it just an OpenGL bug. Though someone else might be more helpful.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

haints
Primary Device: Galaxy S T959
Operating System: Android OS 2.2
ROM: Bi-Winning V3

Postby haints » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:28 am

Still hoping that the ability to select external digital pads will be brought back. Any word on this?

daneren2005
Primary Device: Atrix 4G
Operating System: Android 2.3.5

Postby daneren2005 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:34 am

storm20200 wrote:
daneren2005 wrote:I don't have a screenshot app on my phone so I couldn't take an example so I'll use these screenshots to illustrate what I mean since I am getting many of the same artifacts on my phone on FF9. Notice how although the characters are higher quality the environment actually seems significantly worse? Its almost like openGL is taking all of the scenes and running them through a cartoon renderer. Some of it just looks like AA artifacts, but a lot of it looks cartoony for some reason (more pronounced on FF9 then it appears in these pictures). While a lot of the character artifacts are weird looking, this wrongness of the background has been what is keeping me from using the openGL plugin since it just looks so wrong. Is there a option that should fix this or would it be up for a future fix?

From what I've noticed all 2D textures are like that, I can understand why it might bother you but I find myself too busy drooling over the pretty 3D textures to bother myself with visible 2D borders. I can't seem to find an option that fixes it so for now I think it just an OpenGL bug. Though someone else might be more helpful.

Meh unfortunately in most of the games I'm currently playing those 2D textures make up most of the screen. If I had a good screenshot app I would show you what I mean. In FF9 a lot of the scenes are almost painful to look at.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:20 am

haints wrote:Still hoping that the ability to select external digital pads will be brought back. Any word on this?

External pad is supported, go to overlay pad menu and choose overlay pad, external, you ll be prompted to choose a new pad skin.
But remember that pad format has changed, all .bmp file must be converted to raw files by using the tool bmp2raw you ll find into the first post of this thread.

kozeidon
Primary Device: HP Touchpad
ROM: Cyanogen 9 0.6

Postby kozeidon » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am

Any idea for the fix about iss pro, iss pro 2, pro evo and pro evo 2?

The games runs smoothly but crashes randomly. A shame we can't have a decent football game with this emulator :mrgreen:

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:18 am

No random crash for me on iss pro. you have set spusync?

Tenken
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note

Postby Tenken » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi Schtruck thanks for the hardwork. Hope you can solve the issues with force closings when going into battles in FF7 (the very first battle may work but not so for subsequent battles). I'm running Galaxy Note and OpenGL. Another thing is it possible to change screen resolutions when in software mode, especially 1200 X 800? Thanks!

Return to “News”