Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby molitar » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:45 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
molitar wrote:
Have you checked on XDA forums for tweak to fully activate your dual core? I am running EVO 3D one of the slower phones compared to your model. I installed CleanRom that clocked it from 1.2 to 1.5 Ghz.. But even than the second core was barely running getting about max of 384 mhz.. I used the XDA Developers tweak that turns on the second core now they both run at 1.51 Ghz on demand and that is how my performance is what it's at if you noticed the fps.. with speed boost I get about an average of 5 more fps but currently not even use speed boost now.

Storm20200 is using a GS2, so both core are synchronous, they always run at the same speed, no need to force the second core ON.
Really different from our Snapdragon CPU with it's asynchronous cores, that may have only one core working (supposed to save battery, but not really efficient...)
As for the Qualcomm asynchronous dual cores, I now don't really force CPU1 online since I've been running ICS. I mainly use SetCPU to set both minimum AND maximum CPU speed at 1.5 or 1.6ghz, I mean if I then force CPU1 online, it doesn't make any difference (when it was with Gingerbread)

Nice to know other ROMS are starting to put on demand.. Yeah the tweak I use does not force it on but actually forces it to use on demand properly.. so now the cpu will go down to 384mhz on both cores or 1.51 Ghz on both cores properly. But now if Shtruck can get dual core to work we should really get some performance but currently I see no difference with it on or off.

rblanca
Primary Device: DROID3

Postby rblanca » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:41 pm

rblanca wrote:i just realize something... in my droid 3 if i use opengl plugin i got 2X fps instead of 5X with software mode but if use opengl plugin and antialiasing i got 4X fps... maybe that can help you to find why it's so slow on droid 3 without antialiasing. I forgot in all cases i just use frame limit option only. Thanks!

Sorry I forgot... but also there is a great improve on ram usage.. sometimes it seems like a half!. Great Job!

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:44 pm

molitar wrote:
schtruck wrote:Note is like galaxy sII, you need to use the trick described from the link you ll find on fpse market description.

What trick is that? I saw a few tips but no specific mention of anything mentioning his GS2.

I think Schtruck said the Samsung drivers cause Fpse to crash on opengl mode. To get around this you have to follow these steps:
1. Load the OpenGL plugin, quit and load Fpse again.
2. Open settings before Fpse crashes > MISC > Load BIOS > Press the back button, this forces no BIOS to be loaded.
3. Open Tekken 3 (Without BIOS), enter arcade mode, select any fight and let the battle load.
4. Once you are able to fight open settings > MISC > Load BIOS > select your scph1001.bin.
5. Press Eject and select any game you desire, click quit > restart when finished.
6. Every game will load with OpenGL working, repeat step 5 when you want to play a different game.
This is for any phone that uses a Mali-400 gpu, galaxy s 2 and galaxy note included.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

cYcLIc
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: Stock

Postby cYcLIc » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:19 pm

storm20200 wrote:
molitar wrote:
schtruck wrote:Note is like galaxy sII, you need to use the trick described from the link you ll find on fpse market description.

What trick is that? I saw a few tips but no specific mention of anything mentioning his GS2.

I think Schtruck said the Samsung drivers cause Fpse to crash on opengl mode. To get around this you have to follow these steps:
1. Load the OpenGL plugin, quit and load Fpse again.
2. Open settings before Fpse crashes > MISC > Load BIOS > Press the back button, this forces no BIOS to be loaded.
3. Open Tekken 3 (Without BIOS), enter arcade mode, select any fight and let the battle load.
4. Once you are able to fight open settings > MISC > Load BIOS > select your scph1001.bin.
5. Press Eject and select any game you desire, click quit > restart when finished.
6. Every game will load with OpenGL working, repeat step 5 when you want to play a different game.
This is for any phone that uses a Mali-400 gpu, galaxy s 2 and galaxy note included.

:o Do I have to do all of that every single time I open FPse?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:02 pm

cYcLIc wrote: :o Do I have to do all of that every single time I open FPse?

Yes, it is more daunting than you think, takes a minute or two at the most. What I do is before I close FPse I go onto load bios and press the back button to unload the bios then close it. Next time I open it I can just jump straight into Tekken 3.

Note: Once the OpenGL plugin is loaded you don't have to load it again.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Vellian
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: sgs2

Postby Vellian » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:22 pm

Probably it will help to solve a problem with mali
http://limadriver.org/

grukko
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Operating System: ICS
ROM: CM9

Postby grukko » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Been using fpse for android for a few weeks now but the new update really ups the performance a huge notch in software mode. Props to schtruck for the great work.

opengl mode runs pretty sweet with frameskip on also but when I enable frame limiting, the fps drops way below 60. Is there a setting I need to adjust to make this work right?

sebasss
Primary Device: xperia arc
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby sebasss » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 pm

schtruck the fixed original screen you pu in the 0.11.13 is messy and makes some kind of noise in the screen

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,
I recently acquired FPSE and even with the last updates it is still not working well on my Transformer.
The application seems to never use the full processor :
-in Software mode if I turn Fastdraw + Screen Filtering on, the FPS are at 40 everytime and the processor is at 65%.
It is like if there's a FPS cap at 40. Weird.

-In OpenGL mode it is a bit different : FPS are at 42 average (not capped at 40), sometimes it goes to full FPS or more (especially in battles), but processor still at 40% average max.

I tried turning Dual Core Mode on (even if everyone says it is useless), also thread priority and Boost Mode, but nothing seems to work.

I know that other applications are using 100% of my CPU, so I don't understand why FPSE doesn't.

(The game I'm currently playing is FF8)

Am I missing something?
Does someone has encountered the same issue?
Is it a known bug in FPSE?

Thanks everyone ;)

Edit : fixed percentages.

jan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 2
ROM: store

Postby jan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi, i have written a app to download the scph1001.bin direct & 4free.

It called "FPse xxx xxxxxxxxx BIOS"

-Android Market Link removed-

edit - FrenchAddict -: unless you can prove me that offering a PSX bios for download (and for free) is legal, and that you asked Schtruck (and LDchen) before using the name "Fpse", your post has been edited.
Send me a PM if you want.

Return to “News”