Fpse for Android News

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby illuminerdi » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:02 pm

sebasss wrote:32 bit rendering is good for what devices?

32 bit rendering sometimes fixes garbage in the margins of *some* games (when played at 4:3 ratio) on my Xperia Play (Snapdragon/Adreno 205).

Parasite Eve 2 and Vagrant Story both still display margin garbage of the exact same type (left side garbage, right side multiple small renders of part of the current playable game screen. This may be some kind of engine specific bug that Sqeenix games are prone to.

I'm pretty sure in communications I've had with Schtruck that this bug only affects Adreno 205 devices, so they may be the only ones that need 32 bit rendering.

Perhaps we as a community should get together with Phaedrus and start cataloging what each of the OpenGL Video Options does, exactly, and get that stickied or added to the first post so that people have a reference guide, as there is still a TON of confusion as to what each of the plugin options is for, and what games/devices to use them on. Since they all cost some kind of performance hit, we don't want people using them needlessly, so getting that cataloged would probably be a good idea.

Any takers? I can work on it later when I get some free time, but right now I'm at work so my access to various games for testing is limited. Ideally it would help a lot to dig up a list of these from Pete's OpenGL plugin where they originated from and/or get Schtruck to weigh in on this.

bujeezus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Acer A100
Operating System: Gingerbread 3.2

Postby bujeezus » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:17 pm

mirrinigma wrote:
bujeezus wrote:so i was trying to update my "es file explorer" and hit fpse which was right under it. i did not want to mess with this since i finally had the opengl running fantastic. now of course i get a force close since, i'm assuming, the opengl code is outdated. can i just delete the old plugin an download the latest one to get fpse to run? is there a way to force software mode even tho opengl mode was chosen before the crash and burn? thanks.

I tried this - didn't work. You have to reinstall ;_;

yeah, i went ahead an reinstalled. anyone else having font issues with ff viii and ix? vii has issues too but i just have to get to the menu and exit and everything is fine. einhander runs beautifully now!

flik
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s
Operating System: android
ROM: stock gingerbread

Postby flik » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi... im using samsung galaxy note.. and since im using ogl plug in.. im having hardtime playing ff8 and legend of dragoon... can anyone point me a good setting in opengl or those game are actually not running well with opengl? Those games runs great using softmode else than the graphic looks blocky...

Thanks.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:03 pm

So, new version does exactly nothing. Every time Ioad an iso (regardless of format, eboot, pocketiso, straight up iso), Iget an error saying fpse failed and I need to free up memory. Thoughts?

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:46 pm

thecatinthehat wrote:Nevermind. The update restates settings so the instant force close went away. I've found ffix to be playable on my andreno 220 device with the gpu plugin, if I turn off framelimiter and enable old frameskip. I get between 60 and 90 fps and actually the game benefits from running faster than it should since the battles are quicker.

Does this include the world map? I am having a real hard time trying to get above 30-40FPS on the world map (Dali Village area), it runs cripplingly slow even with frameskip. Battles get random slowdowns and towns/cities run pretty well but without a functional world map it is a little pointless. Is your GPU more powerful than a Mali-400? Maybe I just need Ice Cream Sandwich, apparently it offers much higher OpenGL performance.
illuminerdi wrote:Any takers? I can work on it later when I get some free time, but right now I'm at work so my access to various games for testing is limited. Ideally it would help a lot to dig up a list of these from Pete's OpenGL plugin where they originated from and/or get Schtruck to weigh in on this.

I would be up for helping with that though I have a limited range of games.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:08 pm

someone has reported that Normal Frameskip is broken, and i just verified that, i will update things within somes hours.

solidsnake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

Postby solidsnake » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:41 pm

I cant wait to play my old playstation games on my samsung S2. I payed 5euros yesterday and I entered my email adress a few minutes ago. I guess I will get my version soon and can get it up and running on my phone this evening?:)

solidsnake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

Postby solidsnake » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
solidsnake wrote:I cant wait to play my old playstation games on my samsung S2. I payed 5euros yesterday and I entered my email adress a few minutes ago. I guess I will get my version soon and can get it up and running on my phone this evening?:)

What? :o

why didn't you buy Fpse from the Android Market?? it seems you've just bought FpseCE, the Windows Mobile version :?

Did I do something wrong? I cant buy from the android store because I dont have a creditcard, only paypall. Is there a way to fix this?:(

edit: I see it now, this sucks. I did pay 5 euros so would it be possible to get the android version anyway?

erikwithafro
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperiaplay
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby erikwithafro » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Hey guys nrw to the board but have been following updates for a while now. Anyhow, I tried uninstalling then reinstalling fpse on my xperia play to.try and fix some of the opengl issues, and now my memoey card data is gone. Anyone know what happened? Any help would rule, thanks!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Ok i've Update OpenGL plugin with its source. Smart Frameskip is fixed. (default frameskip).

Return to “News”