Final Fantasy VIII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
Syntax
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Operating System: Android
ROM: teamhacksung's CM9

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby Syntax » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Catrik wrote:Can anyone share a disc 2 save? Right from the beginning. State or normal save will be fine. Preferrably all GF's so far aquired. Apparently when I uninstalled my old version of FPse, it removed my backups and saved games (or I was unable to find them?)

Here is Savestate right from begining :). Everything collected except weapon magazines ... I somehow forgot them :)
http://uploadir.com/u/39nc3p

aztec535
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid razr
Operating System: android
ROM: final fantasy 8

Postby aztec535 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey so ive been playing final fantasy 8 just fine, but im on disc 3 and it keeps freezing when squall is talking on the radio, it freezes when they say "ragnarock your home free". Any ideas on how to fix this???

solidsnake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

Postby solidsnake » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:13 pm

I had some problems with 'no sound' in ff8. Fixed it thanks to this topic by changing the sound options:)

solidsnake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2

Postby solidsnake » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:45 pm

I played ff8 for the first time on my telephone this morning. It was great, thanks for that fpsece :D

I have a little question. I have saved it this morning and when I load my save it looks like the graphics have decreased. The characters look more blurry then when I played it this morning. What could me the problem?

By the way, I have a samsung galaxy s2.

romaragregado
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Coby Kyros MID8024-4G
Operating System: Android OS 2.3
ROM: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby romaragregado » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Good day,

I am having issues with FF8. It just freezes or gives me black screen on the middle of the cinematics of Squall and Rinoa Dance Scene on Disc 1.

Its so frustraying because other cinematics are working just fine. Its just that particular scene.

I am new with Android and FPSE, I dont know what to do. Please help me.

Thanks.

Trelander
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Android Razr
ROM: Stock

Postby Trelander » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:25 am

Hello Everyone

I am new to this forum, have been trying to get FPSE to work for a few days now, I am having an issue getting FF8 to run smoothly. I have managed to get most of the game to work correctly with only minor slow downs but have been unable to solve the battle transition issue. Is there something I am missing?

I am running on Android Droid Razr stock with newest (reinstalled) FPse and newest plugin (Linked from Market).

Duel core boost on
Off screen Drawing on (Seems like this is a requirement for this game)
Spusync on (Another requirement, couldn't get good sound until I did).

Most of my graphics run nice, I have 100+ FPS without framelimiter and easy 60 at all times EXCEPT the transition. Takes me forever to get battle started, once it starts I'm golden though.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

alez
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Arc S
ROM: default

Postby alez » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm blocked too after saving the base from the missiles and going out to take a look, it's impossible to get back in.

84ztard
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc incredible s
Operating System: android 2.3
ROM: nikhil xl

Postby 84ztard » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:22 am

I want to give a tutor on how to change hle mode if maybe some people dont know how to change it. This step to enable u to pass through the ragnarok home free hang.
Step 1. Use root explorer or in my case, i use es file explorer. Use the search feature to
search '.ini' files. After the files came up, find the game files.ini in this case that
means ff8.ini . Then use text editor to open the .ini file, find 'enable hle : off' ,
change it to on , press back n save the file.
Step 2. I dont know if this step is necessary but just do it to make sure it work. Open
fpse, choose ff8 iso, open menu, setting, audio n tick spusync. Restart the fpse..
Step 3. Load the ff8 save file in game not save state, play it till the ragnarok home free,
cross finger, if u hear 'eyes on me ' intro, congratz u r home free to finish te game..

After that, change back the hle mode to off so.u can save state again...
Hope these steps can help some of us who desperately want to finish the game the third times on android like me hehehhe...

alez
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Arc S
ROM: default

Postby alez » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Another one with the balcony scene bug, can't get back inside after saving the base from missiles on CD2. There's another specific thread created a few days ago here

FinalFreakJake
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Rezound
ROM: Stock GB

Postby FinalFreakJake » Fri May 25, 2012 9:05 am

Im writing this because after all the forums I have scoured, I have yet to see a perfectly smooth setting for FF8 listed. Well here's the best I have come up with after hours of tinkering. It plays all the FMV's so far without trouble. Sound doesn't stutter and I get the phase into battle. It plays the game just like a real PS. Im sure many updates contributed to this and thanks to the dev for his hard work! Graphics are not the best compared to the OpenGL but I prefer gameplay over the beefed up graphics and glitchy battles. So here they are to those interested. With my HTC Rezound,
Internal software GPU plugin: (Default Fpse plugin)

Settings: NO=unchecked YES=check

System:
Force Mono Core-NO
Boost mode -NO
Autosave -Your Preference

Audio:
Null Sound plugin- NO
Spusync -YES
Mute -NO

Video:
Framelimiter -YES
Frameskip -NO
PrintFPS -YES (You want to know this lol)
Special Screen Size- Your Preference (go to MISC---->Special Screen size to switch to 4/3 for best size)
SkipFix -NO
Brightness Boost-NO
Force Landscape Orientation- Your Preference
Invertcolors -NO
ScreenFiltering -YES
Enhanced 3D rendering-YES
Hardware Acceleration-YES

And remember to put your phones power usage to High Performance.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”