View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:15 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 72  Next
 [02/10/2009] Latest news 
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
Post Re: Lasts News from 2009/10/02
Great work! Looking forward to an official release. I think once it comes out, you should get someone to restructure the forums.
There should be sub-forums containing information specific to particular Devices:

Toshiba TG01, HTC Touch HD, SE Xperia, etc. - Testing, Spec, external links, and anything else you'd like to bring to the party.

I'll do this if you want, since I know exactly what I mean.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:22 am

How's about the HTC tough pro 2?

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:57 am
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
@ Kyseart
Are you asking me about the TouchPro 2? If you were, you'll notice that I did say 'etc.'. I'm not about to list every device that runs WinMo. ;)

Platinum trophies: Uncharted, MW2, Uncharted 2, Resi 5, AC II, Fallout 3, Batman: AA, CoD: WaW, BlOps, FFXIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: HR, Uncharted 3, Heavy Rain, Batman: AC, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:14 pm
Guru

Primary Device: Touch Pro 2 (Tilt 2)
Operating System: build 21887 6.5
ROM: Josh's PerfectBlack 1.7-FINAL
CloudStrife86 wrote:
@ Kyseart
I'm not about to list every device that runs WinMo. ;)

Why not? There are only hundreds of them... ;)

Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
You can forget my previous "Stylus Mode" video, the stylus is now muuuucchhh more accurate to controll onscreen!

And the Onscreen overlays :shock: I could play resident evil without any external gamepad and without having a multitouch device (by mapping combos on one key, example aim+shoot), that's huge!

When I imagine it with the HTC Leo and its multitouch screen...........!

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:27 pm
Profile WWW

can you make a video??

i cannot really imagine what schtruck develops..

do you think that it is possible to play every game with the new onscreen buttons and two hardware buttons(volume buttons)??

that would be cool.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:06 pm
Global Moderator

Primary Device: Galaxy Note 2/ HTCs
Yes, very possible.

But as I said before, playing some games like a tekken really seriously will always mean using a gamepad, even a keyboard is not enough.

I won't make a video now since the overlays I use are not the definitive ones. But it definitlively looks like the onscreen controlls you have on some WinMo games or on Iphone games, they "light up" when you press them, they disappear during the videos, they turn discreet in the menus....
But you can map what you want where you want, choose the color and type of the overlay, choose for each simple press or hold down press, map until 15 buttons, map home made combos, map a "stylus controll zone", use the G-sensor (and use an overlay to activate it or not)

The possibilities are huge!

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

Not to be the bringer of bad news, but on older less powerful phones (and even the fairly powerful omnia) touching the screen has a big effect on the proccesor which reduces fps by around 8fps - this limits onscreen controls somewhat.

I guess this is not so noticable on Snapdragon phones which I believe are roughly 2.5x more powerful than even the Omnia :0

Also, on the subject, don't confuse the 800Mhz of the Omnia II/Omnia Pro as being even comparible to the Snapdragon or OMAP chips (if anyone does?) - It is last generation of architecure and will only be a little more powerful than Omnia - Maybe a 25% increase in fps??

Finally, overlay controls finished :D?? is FPSECE 0.1 just around the corner?

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Quote:
Not to be the bringer of bad news, but on older less powerful phones (and even the fairly powerful omnia) touching the screen has a big effect on the proccesor which reduces fps by around 8fps - this limits onscreen controls somewhat.

@i900frenchaddict:

Is that right? How do the overlays affect the framerate?

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:58 pm

Primary Device: HTC Touch Diamond2
Operating System: WWE 6.5
ROM: stock
Those are all great news! :)

Will FpseCE 0.10 be right-out-of-the-box compatible with the Bluetooth mode of the Sony DUALSHOCK 3?
Is there a plugin for vibration feedback?
Will the emulator accept multiplayer mode through Bluetooth gamepads?

I read in the documentation that FpseCE supports DirectX libraries by default. In other words, Direct3D drivers work, since D3D is a component of DirectX.
The PlayStation reads games thanks to its 2x CD-ROM drive, which means the maximum data throughput is 150*2=300 KB/s. Comparatively, a class-2 microSD card has a 2 MB/s=2048 KB/s transfer rate. Therefore, internal/external storage benchmarking is irrelevant; the storage medium should have no negative impact on the speed of the emulation.

All these software improvements make me believe that devices such as the HTC Touch Diamond2 will run games pretty well.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 713 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 72  Next