Final Fantasy VIII

If you have a problem with a particular game, post it in here.
antodena
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Re: Final Fantasy VIII

Postby antodena » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 am

Hi, all I’m antodena,

I would like to share my actual experience with final fantasy viii, maybe its useful for someone… :P

I’m playing with an xperia play with latest version of fpse 0.10.57, first time I’ve launched the game I’ve used my dumped bios file version scph1002 and the fmvs of the game lacked audio, no matter what audio setup I tried the fmv where mute.

At the end after many tries with different bioses and setup I’ve decided to start the game in hle mode and this definitely worked out, the game actually is pretty smooth with perfect audio during cutscene and also during the game, I’ve not noticed any particular slowdown during playtime and only in one occasion I had a flicker on the background image that was anyway resolved by a simple reset and reload. ;)

I’m curious anyway, could someone please explain me what is hle mode? I understand that this is a sort of bios emulation… but maybe if someone want to share their knowledge… :P

abaddon013
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG Optimus 1

Postby abaddon013 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Ironmaw wrote:To fix the grey screen problem during cinematics, makes sure that when you start the game each time you play, you load first from a battery save, and only then load a save state.

Can you elaborate more on this? I'm running with 10.54 and always getting gray screesn except for the intro video ( the one with the ocean scene) although it has no sound

nikko85
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: sensation
Operating System: android 2.3
ROM: ff8

Postby nikko85 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 am

Please help...

I'm stuck on disc 2, blamb garden deck. When I get the rinoa cut scene, it will not let me leave the room. I've googled the issue and aparently happens a lot on emulators...

Anyone got any ideas or save games I can use?

Nick

nikko85
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: sensation
Operating System: android 2.3
ROM: ff8

Postby nikko85 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:36 am

Need some help, I have a glitch on disc 2 blamb deck.. after cutscene I can't exit door.. I googles it and loads of people have had it but aparently you need rinoa out of your party.

So does anyone have a game save state from missile base or any ideas how I can fix this glitch...

Shayd
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: htc evo
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

ff7 can get past music box movie

Postby Shayd » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 pm

I have tried a few things but cant seem to get past the music box scene. It goes right to where it will cut and just gets stuck there doest freeze, but doesnt go to cut scene. I have tried different disc iso's but doesnt work, any tips to help me get by it? I would love to pull a save game and just get by it on ps3 but any pointers would be great

Please, avoid creating a new thread for an already listed game -FrenchAddict
=> merged in this thread.

Player1
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia X10i
ROM: Under Construction

Postby Player1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:28 am

im using Android supporter version on Xperia x10i....im also stuck on disc 2 :\
im up to the the part where cid asks you to go check outside after the garden starts moving...when the fmv sequence ends i cant go back inside, im assuming it gets stuck right at the end of the fmv...i saw a few possible solutions in this thread, i thought id ask for suggestions before i mess with the system files, the game has pretty much run perfectly up until this point and i dont really want to change current settings

Crisco
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO
ROM: FPse/stock

Postby Crisco » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:37 am

I'm also stuck at the garden deck scene with all my saves post-missile base...does anyone have a solution for this?

Jhayden28
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia play
ROM: Gingerbread

Postby Jhayden28 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:37 am

I finally got through the ragnarok squall stuck in the chair. I loaded a save not a state, then changed to hle mode, restarted and reloaded that same save. I knew it was working better because there was music as soon as the elevator came up. Hope it helps!

Catrik
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Desire Z
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby Catrik » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:24 am

Can anyone share a disc 2 save? Right from the beginning. State or normal save will be fine. Preferrably all GF's so far aquired. Apparently when I uninstalled my old version of FPse, it removed my backups and saved games (or I was unable to find them?)

mship
Primary Device: Evo

Postby mship » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 am

Good day.

I am running FF8 on the Samsung galaxy S2 Epic Touch 4g. The ap was having a few issues with the soundpool causing the app to just quit but it seems like this has been resolved.

So on to another problem I have run into. I am playing FF8 now and I am on Disc 1 at the part where you get the explanation about the assassin mission. So when I go to the scene where you go under the large structure the app force closes and states that I need to close all application to free up memory. But there are no other apps running in the background. I tried to change some setting to see if that would help but it doesnt.

Any idea what it could be. I am running the most current version of the app, paid of course. The message states that I should contact the author, but I think I am doing that here.

Return to “Game-Specific Help”