Fpse for Android News

cube_ko_kid
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SAMSUNG GALAXY S II GT-I9100
Operating System: ANDROID
ROM: STANDARD ROM (NO ROOT)

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby cube_ko_kid » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi there! I bought fpse, it is good ;). Hovewer i bought it to play my favourite pinball - BIG PRO PINBALL RACE USA. This game is not working. Will there ever be possible to play it? Or maybe there is other emulator to run it? Also I have te question about OPENGL PLUGIN. It looks like it is not working with GALAXY S 2 . Will there be special version for galaxy S2? I Think that many people even can buy plugin to get better graphics...

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:59 pm

I can not get save states to work.. I tried changing to load bios than saving but it did not work. For one the FPSE does not like to load bios when opengl is loaded in.. and vice versa.. How the HECK do I change to bios mode when gaming so I can create a save state? I only have 20 minute breaks at work so it's impossible to find a save game location in time so I need to be able to create a save state so I can come back to the game at my next break.

steps I did.

1. While gaming selected load bios
2. selected bios
3. save state

I than tried after a dozen attempts to get game back in bios mode to load the save state and it did not work!

what am I doing wrong in my steps?

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:29 am

I would like to see the app have a setting to remember where bios is located, savestates, and memcards so even in software opengl mode you can do a savestate.. Have the app automatically switch to BIOS mode and create the save than revert back to OpenGL mode if set.. Right now it's very difficult to get the mode to switch to create a successful save state.

Danzano
Primary Device: TF101
Operating System: Android 3.2.1/4.0.3
ROM: Cooking

Postby Danzano » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:30 am

Awesome app plays well the opengl plugin is great but i just cant seem to get a good frame rate with this

Im using a asus transformer the first one not the prime anyone know how i can get this flying i know my device is able and im o/c to 1592mhz both cores and about 429mhz gpu 256mb dedicated.

Maybe wait for opengl 2.0? Or is there a secret config im missing?

asmodeus
Primary Device: samsung galaxy note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6
ROM: N7000XBKK5

Postby asmodeus » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:34 am

I'm having problem with getting opengl plugin to work on my samsung galaxy note or samsung galaxy s2 which have the same graphics card. Or at least to work the way I want it to. I read about a trick in this thread. Here.
TRICK for MALI400 GPU!
you have alway to start with Tekken3 in HLE mode and then reach the Characters selection menu
after you can apply bios and load any game then save or load to switch bios in MISC menu load a bios by choosing file
Switch to HLE by pressing Back to the Bios loader everytime,
restart to apply without quitting or you'll have to restart the procedure.

It kinda makes it work in tekken. But that is only tekken so far. Also i'm having a bit of a problem understanding what you should do (deciphering text?) here. If I understand it correctly you will firstly have to unload/unmount your bios (enabling HLE mode) then activate the opengl plugin then restart to activate the new settings. This made opengl (n mali400 gpu) available in tekken3 at least. But since I don't have a bios set, you can't save games and so on. Also enabling bios in the char selection screen didn't work.

It also read here about a external gpu/opengl plugin.
Support for external OpenGL ES 1.1 GPU plugin, actually a port of Peopsgpuopengl From Pete Bernett is available.

but i have failed to find a link to where you could download this plugin (not the one it the beginning of this thread). I have desperately tried some other plugins like Peopsgpuopengl but that obviously didn't work. If anyone knows how to get this to work please answer! This probably should be a serious mission for the fpse team considering that all samsung galaxy s2, n notes use mali-400. These are possibly the most gaming oriented smartphones on the entire market right now.

btw putting this thread into support and making a windows and a android support section would probably be a good idea.

BottledWater
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Waiting for Optimus 3D

Which one should I choose? LG Optimus 3D vs Samsung Galaxy R

Postby BottledWater » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi,

I'm going to buy a new device and I have selected 2 candidate phones:
-LG Optimus 3D (Texas Instruments OMAP4430 with PowerVR SGX540@304 Mhz GPU)
-Samsung Galaxy R (NVIDIA Tegra 2)

I want to emulate Playstation (Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX are my favourite games) with FPse for Android so I want to take the best one for this kind of use.

Thank you very much.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:57 am

@ BottledWater

If you gonna spend good money on a new device.
Get the (samsung galaxy note)
You wont be disapointed

The 1.4ghz dualcore exynos version.

The galaxy note lte
Got a 1.5ghz dualcore snapdragon
Stay well away from this model
Even though it states a 1.5ghz dualcore cpu
Its not as fast on performance over the 1.4ghz exynos
Fpse runs fullspeed on this device.
Even in opengl mode the performance is fullspeed
Apart from a few games.

Catch ya later
Galaxy note 9 exynos

BottledWater
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Waiting for Optimus 3D

Postby BottledWater » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 pm

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, I think that it's too expensive just for making phone calls, using internet and emulating Playstation. :mrgreen: It nearly doubles Optimus 3D price-tag.

Anyway, thank you again for your answer. ;)

skwarosz
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GIO
Operating System: Cyjanogen MOD 7.2

Postby skwarosz » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi all i have one question about emulating the game. It's starting to annoying me cause i have crashes very often. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Gio with Android 2.3.4. I have much crashes when playing FF VII now i playing FF VIII and i have one big problem. I started first SeeD mission and when they land on this island i can't open menu or fighting. When i want to open menu it's just crashed and app is exit. Also i have problems with cut sceens. On the begining everything was fine cut scenes work fine but when i get error in window after loading game when is has to be cut scenes i just have gray screen but sound is ok. (ps. Sorry for my english :D)

jcsix
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Postby jcsix » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:00 pm

Ever since the last update, my Xperia Play buttons don't want to work in a game. I can use them on the emulator menus, but not when a game is loaded. Plus games which worked fine are now slow in the menus.

Also, how do you use the OpenGl plugin? I was searching around in the settings but couldn't find anything but "Load new GPU plugin". On the android market, it keeps saying go down about the OpenGl, but theres no download to the plugin.

I have sent an email last week which was on the android market, and yet had no reply.

Return to “News”