illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby illuminerdi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 pm

jayx3m wrote:
illuminerdi wrote:
jayx3m wrote:sorry for the noob question. but im trying to find the download link for the latest version as the one on market is still 0.11.11. I've open almost every page and still can't find it :cry:

That is the latest version.

because i saw version labeled 0.11.8. Does it mean that its really 0.11.08?

Exactly - technically speaking when dealing with version numbers every number between a set of periods should be treated as the whole number listed. So for example version 11.2.1 would be lower than version 11.11 (which would properly be written as 11.11.0)

haints
Primary Device: Galaxy S T959
Operating System: Android OS 2.2
ROM: Bi-Winning V3

Postby haints » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:31 am

What happened to 4:3 support?

I play 4:3 in landscape so I can push the onscreen controls off to the side. That way games are in the proper ratio and the controls don't clutter up the screen ...

Why was 4:3 removed? It worked great before. Please put it back.

EDIT: I should point out that I already tried "Original Screen Size" and it does nothing.

EDIT AGAIN: After reading through the last twenty pages or so of this thread I stumbled across this post from schtruck:

"First Original Screen size and Screen Filtering will only work when Fast draw is activated."

Why doesn't it say this somewhere in the actual program? I haven't used Fast draw before and 4:3 worked fine. Now when I look at the option I see that the description for it has been removed. In fact it looks like ALL of the descriptions for what the options actually do have been removed ... why dumb the options menu down like that?

What does Fast Draw do, exactly? I tried looking for it in the "FPSEce Complete How To Guide" and it isn't mentioned at all.

dannysemi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Transformer Prime
Operating System: android 4.0.3
ROM: stock

Postby dannysemi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:00 am

gamerguy80 wrote:hey there buddy im also playing breath of fire 3 when you are using bios mode would u get video issues whenever you would use a healing herb or healing spell on a character while in battle.

I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with healing items or spells.

haints
Primary Device: Galaxy S T959
Operating System: Android OS 2.2
ROM: Bi-Winning V3

Postby haints » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:11 am

Just tried Alien Trilogy with OpenGL ... looks great, but my character's hand is transparent ... Do any of the OpenGL options fix this issue?

Same thing happens with Oddworld Abes Oddysee ... character is transparent when using OpenGL ...

EDIT: Ah, I see this is a known issue.

Wow--007: The World is Not Enough looks AMAZING in OpenGL! SO much better than it did before ...

Now if only it would play in the proper (4:3) ratio while using OpenGL ... please please please fix this ...

illuminerdi
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:52 pm

haints wrote:Just tried Alien Trilogy with OpenGL ... looks great, but my character's hand is transparent ... Do any of the OpenGL options fix this issue?

Same thing happens with Oddworld Abes Oddysee ... character is transparent when using OpenGL ...

EDIT: Ah, I see this is a known issue.

Wow--007: The World is Not Enough looks AMAZING in OpenGL! SO much better than it did before ...

Now if only it would play in the proper (4:3) ratio while using OpenGL ... please please please fix this ...

It's buggy but fixable. Enable Fast Drawing (this should pretty much always be on - I have yet to see it break anything), enable Original Aspect Ratio, then once you're back in the game turn the device in your hand to portrait orientation and wait for the screen to catch up, then turn it back to landscape. This should fix the aspect ratio and properly display it in 4:3. It works for me on my Xperia Play. There's another way to make it happen, like by going into the video settings and turning on/off an unrelated feature (like frameskip), going back to the game, then turning that same feature that you just back on/off, but I prefer the orientation hack as it's quicker.

jcsix
Operating System: Android

Postby jcsix » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Ever since the last update, my Xperia Play buttons don't want to work in a game. I can use them on the emulator menus, but not when a game is loaded. Plus games which worked fine are now slow in the menus.

Also, how do you use the OpenGl plugin? I was searching around in the settings but couldn't find anything but "Load new GPU plugin". On the android market, it keeps saying go down about the OpenGl, but theres no download to the plugin.

Gladjolt
Fresh Fish

Postby Gladjolt » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I have some issues regarding the open gl plugin.

First, it was very hard to find it (found it somewhere deep inside this topic after som google). Some said it's linked in the description on android market, it's not.

Anyway as i said i eventually found it and i guess it was latest version (libopenglplugin.so).
However when enabling it none of my games run at full speed. I get around 30fps and the game feels it runs half speed.
I'm using a Xperia Play, which seems to work good for some. So I'm asking if i've missed any settings or may have done something wrong?

Games i've tried: crash bandicoot 3, crash bash, re-volt, legend of dragoon.

They look gorgeos now (exept some small graphical issues) but they run way to slow compared to not using the plugin.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:59 am

I find when I use the OpenGL Plugin that save states no longer work. Secondly it always forgets my boost settings and I always have to manually enable boost this should remain set the way we select it. Now I wish we would see some updates to the OpenGL plugin it's been a while since last version and it has some serious issues especially with slowness on EVO 3D.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 am

@Schtruck

Im having problems with disc swap
Every time i want to insert disc 2 on metalgearsolid
I get a error ( corrupt iso )
I know my iso work cos it has been since the opengl version was released.

Ps
Any joy with adding the sixaxes interface on fpse
For analog and forcefeedback in ps3 pads.

Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 am

I just installed the SupraROM and my performance went up from 32 fps to about 42 fps.. Now I installed and overclocked the CPU to 1.5Ghz and I am now getting around 52 fps in Chrono Cross with the OpenGL plugin. So the ROM seems to make a pretty big difference

Return to “News”