Min 49
Average 53-57

Thanks, but what causes drops on my Note ... Ehh

Im using custon roms
Try romow 5.1 rom
And abyssnote 3.0 kernal

And i set the govenor in setcpu to performance
But still running at 1.4ghz.

Im also on the U.k version of the galaxy note.
Dont know if the U.S version is any differents.

Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby molitar » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 pm

One thing I noticed with OpenGL it's not easy to deselect it when testing. Can this selection be made easier in fpse please?

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 pm

CloudStrife86 wrote:
schtruck wrote:TRICK for MALI400 GPU!
you have alway to start with Tekken3 in HLE mode and then reach the Characters selection menu after you can apply bios
and load any game then save or load to switch bios in MISC menu load a bios by choosing file Switch to HLE by pressing Back to the Bios loader everytime, restart to apply without quitting or you'll have to restart the procedure.

I'm not sure I follow the procedure here. At what point does selecting the OpenGL plugin come into it?
Someone please lay this out in step-by-step fashion with clear instructions.

Ok i guess you in bios mode allread.

1 go into misc select.
2 select new gpu plugin.
3 quite fpse
4 load fpse
5 load tekken 3 till the first fight
6 select bios in misc
7 eject
8 select new game.
9 restart not quite.

U be in opengl mode with bios enabled. Till you quite fpse.
You can run all your games by just eject select game and restart
As many time you like.

If u do quite fpse
Next time you run a tekken 3 remember to select bios and press phones back key and quite.
Otherwise i be in a crash opengl setting.

Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:10 pm

FPse 0.11.11 available to the market:
- Fixed Second Pad hardware keys mapping
- Fixed Hardware key mapping from OpenGL
- Added OpenGL 32bit renderer buffer option
- Added new options for OpenGL plugin to enhance emulation , like FF7 cursor, or Silent Hill Halo's Characters, and much more.

For example set Mask Bit for Silent Hill (A restart is necessary for this option)

Use 32Bits rendering for somes device, can be faster and un lock somes problems (restart too after set or unset)

Try others Options to set Cursor on FF7 and activate somes invisible stuff on somes games

i won't be available for a week, cya all in a week guys!

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Rgx521 wrote:Hey guys,

first time I post here :). I'm a huge fan of fpse, probably the best money I ever spent on the android market.
However, I seem to have a bit of a problem with the latest version. Just like for most of us, opengl looks great on my device (Transformer TF101 @ 1,2ghz) but is way too slow to be playable, really. This may be a limitation of the Tegra 2 system or it may be something that can eventually be worked out through further improvements to the emulator. However, even when in software mode, my games seem to run worse than they did with the last version. I was playing Gran Turismo 2 with screen filtering, enhanced drawing, no frameskip and so on before and it was constantly scratching 60FPS. With the new version, I need to disable screen filtering in order to even get ~50FPS. I wonder if this points to a problem on my end or if there might be some problem with the changes introduced lately. If there's something I can try to fix my performance, I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

One more thing: Using either dual core boost or thread priority seems to make most games run actually worse than without those options set. Don't know if that's somehow related.

I have similar issues with my tegra 2 G2x. I think every chipset is slower with the opengl plugin judging from the posts.

I was having the same problem with the dual boost option until the very latest versions. Now software mode runs great except after a short time the games begin to almost stutter, but the fps is still reporting 60 (with frame limiter).

The opengl it's also slower with just videos. In software I get around 240 fps in the tekken 3 intro vid, with opengl it suspiciously will not go above 60. Thus is of course with frame limiter off.

daneren2005
Primary Device: Atrix 4G
Operating System: Android 2.3.5

Postby daneren2005 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:33 pm

So can we get a list of all these video options and what they do somewhere? I haven't really been able to find one and it would help me trying to figure out the best settings for a game...Also can all of the options that require a restart say that in game like changing between GPU/software plugins does?

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Wow tons of fixes thanks Schtruck!

Unfortunately PE2 is still quite broken. With 32bit rendering enabled it displays a bunch of screen fragments in the margins, and runs VERY slow. Other games are much improved and 32 bit seems to fix the margin garbage on Adreno 205 devices!

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:13 pm

32 bit causes all games to go black. Good audio but no video. Must quit to apply it and unset it. Restart it wont stick.

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:49 am

Hi there, I just received my Galaxy S II today and the first program I bought was the FPse emulator, I've been naffing around with it quite a lot today and have ran into some insanely irritating problems.

1. If I boot the emulator and press the back button so that I don't have to choose an image file I can cause a crash by doing the following: Pressing menu > System > pressing the back button. It consistently closes the menu and crashes the emulator, it freezes for about 5 seconds then just closes itself.

2. The first and only (apologies) game I've tried so far is Final Fantasy VIII Disc 1. At first with a fresh installation it always loads (software mode, OpenGL crashes when entering 3D scenes) and works, but then if I were to save and quit I end up having to wrestle with it to even load again, I will select the ISO, it will stay blank and freeze then close itself again. I can't seem to recreate this problem on demand but I'm encountering it far too often to the point where it's almost pointless trying to play it.

Does anyone have any solutions to these problems or know if the new update will fix them when it goes live?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Return to “News”