Fpse for Android News

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby illuminerdi » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Phaedrus Nine wrote:
illuminerdi wrote:Could we maybe have Schtruck abscond with the first or second post in the thread so that he can post the plugin there, that way we have a single place to check for the latest plugin, rather than having to dig up the link from the pages that it's on?

I can do that for you. I'll do it now.

Edit:
The first post has been update with the relevant links needed for the plugin. I may in future nick the second post to paste all the links in, so they're in one place and use the first one for news on updates that Schtruck posts.

Thanks Phaedrus! I'd love to see Schtruck's latest news posts being copied and pasted into the first/second post so that there was a more direct repository of news, rather than having to comb through recent updates to the thread for new posts and information from Schtruck, as this thread is the only real source for information on the current state of progress.

Kekec
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Operating System: Android 2.3.6
ROM: Darky Rom 10.4.2

Postby Kekec » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Thank you for the plugin.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:41 pm

just released FPse 0.11.8

- Fix for RE3 speeches problems (and surely more)
- Fix for External analog pad saving
- Fix for FrameskipFix in soft mode

I have changed a bit Hardware key mapping code, tester said it worked directly. if you can try now and report....

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Hardware key binding works without problems. Thanks :)

Could you report if you can at least reproduce the stuttering sound in Final Fantasy IX? That would be great, too. :) It would be so much better if sound would not stutter. ;)

BTW: Could it be that battery is draining much faster with the newer versions? I don't use OGL and no DualCore option... strange.
Last edited by Rotkaeqpchen on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoopster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HP Touchpad
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby zoopster » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Still no joy with using the wiimote / classic controller. Has anyone managed to get this option to work with the latest release?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:28 pm

i'll try FFIX and will report.

I read somes comment about SG2 problems, but i got SG2 too, somes friend too, and FPse work very well on it, does anybody with SG2 can report big problem here too?

For example, take Crash bandicoot 2, in soft mode, Original screen size, Filtering and Fast draw make very impressive result. Full speed, smooth gfx. WHy such comments on market?

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:35 pm

Thanks schtruck, I appreciate your support. The best indicator for the stuttering is the battlemusic, the first time right after you turn on the candle in the middle of the room. I hope you find a solution and I appreciate your support. I can test whenever you want.

EDIT: Never mind, some Market comments are really dumb, there are many people out there who dont know what hard work it is, and they even don't want to use a forum.
But hey, you have more than 50.000 downloads and its getting more every day. Keep up your fun with this project :)

doldrums
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: asus transformer
Operating System: android
ROM: revolver

Postby doldrums » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:29 am

about ff9, when i use the latest opengl plugin, text in character speech gets cut off and there is no sound in the fmvs, along with black outlines typical in square games. battles are a little slow too. just thought i would put that out there. keep up the great work.

ramenchef
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus

Postby ramenchef » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:28 am

zoopster wrote:Still no joy with using the wiimote / classic controller. Has anyone managed to get this option to work with the latest release?

Still also having this issue with sixaxis / sixaxis controller app. I've tried the bypass IME option in SixAxis as well, but no go. I force closed FPSe, cleared data, uninstalled FPSe, reinstalled FPSe, selected my BIOS file, selected my game (FF Tactics), then hit menu, gamepad, assign hw buttons, assign hw keys for Pad 1, up, clicked up on my SixAxis controller. The waiting circle remains spinning as it's still waiting for a HW key input. I didn't touch any of the other options.

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Rom

Postby zdubin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:51 am

Schtruck,

I tried 11.8, fantastic frame rates!

Wow, I turned off the frame limiter and the results was a faster and smooth framerate, even faster than the original game. Still have some sound issues.

Bluetooth gamepad sometimes works with bluez Ime on and only rarely, most games don't even register the gamepad. Bluetooth gampad doesn't work with hardware key mapping, like it used to, at all. Can you add the hardware key mapping back? I really miss it.
Last edited by zdubin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”